Old 11-18-2007, 08:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 204/203/150

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Post Share your Turbo Jam success

I have been debating getting tubo jam for a while now. I was wondering if you could share your success using turbo jam. Do you use the meal plan they suggest or another healthy eating plan? Has anyone had the great success they talk about on the infomercial?
Back on Track is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 09:16 PM   #2  
Slowly Shrinking

S/C/G: 271/157/145

Height: 5'9"

Turbo Jam was the first, and only, fitness video that ever worked for me. I find it fun and yet still a really intense workout. When I started TJ, I weighed 242 lbs and now I'm down to 162, so 80 lbs isn't too bad (it's been about a year and 1/2). Now, part of that is eating a healthy diet of about 1200 calories, but I also did TJ 3 to 4 times a week. I own almost all the videos and rotate them, but in the beginning, I just did the cardio party over and over again. They are great partially because you can start at a low intensity and as your fitness improves, pump the intensity up. The instructor is perky, but not annoying, and that helps me get through. I highly recommend the series.
Christine in NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 10:01 PM   #3  

Talking

Wow, thank you for sharing! 80# is so inspiring! I can't wait for the day I am in the 60's again.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:20 AM   #4  

S/C/G: HW:200+/LW:120/CW:142

Height: 5'1 and a 1/2" (yes the 1/2" matters!)

My success story isn't as dramatic (wow, Christine!). Mine is more of an NSV - it's that I'm still exercising more than 2 weeks after starting. I know that doesn't sound like a huge deal, but I have always been overweight, have always hated to exercise, and would do anything to avoid it.

But I've been using TJ since the spring (alternating with other things) and more consistently since the beginning of October. I'm amazed by how motivated I am to keep using it and how much energy I have during and after. I feel crazy, but I actually look forward to it sometimes (shudder).

Hope these thoughts help!
JenMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 08:08 PM   #5  

Talking

Thanks JenMusic, that does help! In addition to losing the 50# I need to lose, I am also concerned about sticking with TJ. Sticking with a fitness and eating plan have always been a problem for me. I am ordering it now, I have to find out for myself.