Old 11-03-2007, 11:01 AM   #1  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Default FAB & FIT 40's and 50's...starting over!!!

HI Terri, Es, Dianne, Zoe, Susan, Sandy, hope you find this.

I figured that since we were moved, I'd begin a new thread.

How's everyone doing? I've had a challenging week, to say the least,
but it was fun

Hope you're all enjoying a great weekend. It's quite cool here, with temps in the 30's..very seasonal, what with Thanksgiving right around the corner

have a great Saturday,
~Jen

Last edited by Jenny523; 11-03-2007 at 12:13 PM.
Jenny523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 03:58 PM   #2  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

Hi Jen -

I'm doing good - lost 1 lb. my first week after re-joining ww. At first I was a bit disappointed because I usually lose more the first week, but then I realized that it really isn't my first week. I started fresh Mid September on my own with tracking, etc. so I've actually lost 5 1/2 lbs. So I felt better when I thought of it that way, lol!. After ww, I went straight to the gym and walked 3 miles.

Alana's coming over to hang with her parents tonight because Sal is going to a football game with his dad. We haven't spent time alone with her in a long time, so it will be fun. I hope she's bringing Poppins with her.

How is everyone doing? Its a bit chilly here in NY, very windy, but it finally feels like Fall. I like it.

Hi to Es, Terri, ZoeGirl, Ruthie, Sandy & Susan

Have a great weekend everyone!

Hugs,
Dianne
dpadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 03:11 PM   #3  

Hi Everyone,

I found our new location, YAY!

I am currently struggling with trying to get back on to WW. Other things have taken precedence since we have had so many health issues in the family. I just don't quite have the motivation to do it yet.

Mike's mom went through her radiation treatments with very few side effects. She will still need some more surgery right after Thanksgiving to clean up the margins. My mom is currently in the second week out of 5 weeks of radiation and is beginning to feel the side effects since they are radiating her entire abdominal area. They both have great attitudes and lots of family support. I have been staying over at my mom's a couple of nights per week.

I am trying to exercise regularly by walking since I can't seem to get the discipline to follow either flex or core at the moment. I want to start visiting with you all more often as eventually putting WW back on the front burner works by focusing with all of my buddies here.

I hope everyone has been having a good fall. Jen and Diane, great going on being on track yet again! It sure is a life time project!

Hugs,Sandy
Sandancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 07:18 PM   #4  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Good going, Diane! Walking really helps. Hope you had a good visit with Alana. How are the newlyweds doing?

Sandy, it's good to hear that your Mom and Mother-in-law have such a great support system. It is so important. You'll never regret it spending time with your Mom, but I'm sure you know that.

Well....(hanging head in shame) a gain of 2 pounds two weeks ago, and another 2 this week but what the heck, I had fun! Seriously, it was a downward spiral beginning with Joey and Iliana's Halloween party...then I actually went through the "oh well, I've already blown it" phase...and here I am.
Now I know what I have to do for the upcoming holidays. There's no way I can have my cake and lose weight too! I'm sticking with Core, cause I know well it works for me, but am going to be very careful with how I use my 35 points each week...AND NOT GO OVER!

The kittens, Jack and Max, are doing great. They had their second shots today; got a clean bill of health from the vet. Both of us already love them to pieces. It's so much fun to watch them play and learn. I'm on the laptop now and don't have photos; soon I'll post updated ones.

We're leaving tomorrow morning for Michigan...a visit to the wineries and some small town shops. Joey and Iliana are coming as well. Jess, Michael and the boys will come here to stay from Saturday till Monday so the kittens aren't alone. I've got Monday off for Veterans' Day, so it was fun to plan a long weekend.

have a great weekend. :hello: to Terri, Es, Susan, Zoe
~Jen
Old 11-10-2007, 10:02 AM   #5  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Default Hey!!!

Hey you's guys!!! I know, I know, I know.....it's Zoe, the "MIA Queen". As many times as you say we need to stick together, even when we aren't doing well......I just seem to disappear with my head hung in shame.

Today I weigh more than ever. Ok, so I said it out loud now. I started to diet with Greg last Monday - he does Atkin's and I decided to do it with him but only for a week. I would get a "jump start" with that and then move over to my faithful "points" this coming Monday. Well, that Atkin's diet KILLS me....it's just so torturous to me and I just can't make it through even ONE week of it.

So it's points baby, points!

Anyway, I am on my way out the door to pick Rylea up for her photo shoot for Fort Worth Child magazine. I really AM the proud NeNe.
But I'll be back.....

I'm posting a photo of Rylea from Halloween, my little bumble bee.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg halloween1_2007.jpg (30.6 KB, 15 views)
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 10:22 AM   #6  

Hey its starting to jump again in here - hooray

Hey ZoeGirl: Welcome back! Good luck on starting over. I've never actually tried anything other than ww, so I can't say I know anything about Atkins except I heard its lots and lots of meat??? Anyway, stick with what you know works. Rylea is a doll - I can't believe how big she is - how old is she now?

Sandy - I'm glad to hear your mom and mil have such good attitudes during their illness - I'm sure that helps alot. And having support from their families must mean the world to them right now. Good going on the walking. Sometimes when you have so much on your plate its difficult to stay on track, you know me "life gets in the way sometimes". You'll get back at it in your own time. How are your sons doing?

Jen - Don't worry so much about the weight gain, remember how much you've lost already. I like your attitude of "you had fun", now you just have to move on. You'll be fine. The kittens sound cute, if only they didn't have to grow up to be cats, lololol. Just kidding..... not really

Es, amiga - how are you doing? How are David's wedding plans coming? Is it next year or 2009 - I'm having a senior moment.

I lost 1.6 lbs. this week, that made me happy. My total since mid September is 7 lbs. I was hoping for over 1 lb. since I've been doing the gym 3-4 times a week. You know how sometimes the loss doesn't show up until the 2nd week? Well, thankfully it showed up this week. But whatever I get, I'll take it, I'm certainly not going to complain about a lb. I've been doing this long enough to know they'll be times when its just ounces lost, or no loss, or a gain. That's just the way it goes, and I'm not gonna freak out about it. This is for life, so its not a race about how fast I can lose how much. One day at a time.

Hi Terri, Susan & Ruthie

Well, gotta go, soon be time for church. Have a great day everyone.

Hugs,
Dianne

Last edited by dpadro; 11-11-2007 at 10:25 AM.
Old 11-11-2007, 05:06 PM   #7  

Hi again,

So good to see we have an active thread!

Jen and Dianne, thanks for your comments about the family support. It is so true, we can see our moms both appreciate the care they get from all of their kids. I am one of four and Mike is one of seven. I can't quite apply the term "thriving" to either of them, because both cancer and the treatment takes its toll, but I can see that our loving care helps.

Jen, I would love to see pics of the kittens, I bet they are adorable. Hope you are having a great time on your long weekend.

Dianne, Dave my older one moved out this summer, he is in an apartment with 2 roommates close to Boston. He seems to love it so far. Greg is a junior in college this year and he is still acting, but he is now a history major.

Zoe, It is so good to see you back too! Rylea is simply stunning!
I couldn't even consider Atkins, all the meat would be too difficult for me. The only other program I tried is South Beach and it is sort of like WW Core. I actually liked it, but there were a lot of egg breakfasts the first 2 weeks, and I missed fruit a lot.

I find that walking outside with a friend is the best medicine for me, but I am mostly using my treadmill and watching something upbeat on tv to get in some exercise. Right now I am not losing but not gaining either. I can at least be relieved that I am 19 lbs below my top weight, but it means I have 57 lbs to get to goal. I am going to be 55 in December, and I don't know if I will ever get to my ultimate goal. If I even lost 10 lbs by next spring, I would be rather pleased.

Better go for now, Hi to Es and Terri, and anyone I missed.

Sandy
Old 11-13-2007, 08:43 PM   #8  
Queen of the Fresh Start

It was good to see all the posts here.

Zoe, Miss Rylea is tooo cute. Good luck on your weight loss. Don't be a stranger.

Dianne, You're doing well And I agree about not freaking out. Slow and steady. Keep it up.

Sandy, It will happen. The walking will help. My thoughts are with you all.

We had a really nice weekend in Michigan. It was relaxing and fun.

Joe's mom passed away yesterday. She had been ill for quite a while, in her 80's, diabetic, a blood infection of some type, then kidney failure, in and out of the hospital/nursing home/daughter's home.
Joe is doing okay. He's got 8 brothers and sisters, so this will be a long week, with a 2 day wake, and the funeral on Friday.

My sister Kathie, who recovered from breast cancer a year ago, was hospitalized last week w/pneumonia. The drs. also ordered bone and CAT scans. It turned out that the same strain of cancer has returned, it's now in her lungs. I know how quickly lung cancer kills, but according to the drs., this is not that type. They're prescribing another round of chemotherapy. To be quite honest, I'm very very angry....that she has to go through it all again. I'm so afraid for her.

Hi to Terri, Es, and Susan.
luv,
Jen
Old 11-14-2007, 08:00 AM   #9  

Hi Jen,

I am so sorry for the loss of your Mother-in-law. It sounds as if she was going through a tough time at the end. My sympathies to Joe and the whole family.

I hope and pray for the best for your sister, Kathie. It must seem as if she just finished the treatment and had gone through a huge challenge. To have that awful cancer return at all should not be! IT JUST AIN'T RIGHT!!!
I know when we found out my mom had cancer I was very angry too. She had suffered for the past 8 years from the results of her car accident and I felt she just didn't deserve this too.

My thoughts are with you.
Hugs,
Sandy
Old 11-14-2007, 08:33 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Morning all!

Sorry I have been MIA for a while now... I was off track for a few weeks but have been back on for the last two... had a great W/I last weekend... down 4.6. I am hoping for a good one again this weekend although the scale is not moving in the right direction...LOL

I have to catch up on some of the back posts when I have time to see what has been going on... but for now I just wanted to stop by and say hello!

Susan
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 11:02 AM   #11  

Jen - So sorry to hear about your Mother-in-Law. And your sister kathy- I feel bad for you and the rest of your family. She's had to go through so much already, you're right - it isn't fair. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this difficult time.

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 11-14-2007, 01:34 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Jen: I am so very sorry to hear about your sister and your MIL... My thoughts and prayers are with you and your families.

All the best for some form of peace in the upcoming days and months.

Susan
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 02:28 PM   #13  

Hi everyone, happy Saturday.

How is everyone? A bit chilly here in NY, but oh, these trees are absolutely gorgeous! I have to be careful when I'm driving, cause I'm always looking at trees, lol.

Lost 1.4 lbs. this week for a total of 8.5 lbs. I think the walking at the gym is really helping a lot.

I have a party to go to tonight, but I'll be fine, I'll just use some of my weekly allowance points if necessary. Plus, since I start my days with dinner, I always have my full target points available in the evening. That seems to be working for me, strange at first to get used to, but its good.

Well, hope everyone has a great weekend.

Talk to you's soon,

Jen, thinking of you, Joe and family. Take care.

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 11-18-2007, 10:08 AM   #14  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Thank you for the well wishes. It's been a long week, and we're grateful to have a day to relax and reflect before going back to work tomorrow.

Joe has 8 brothers and sisters, 35 nieces/nephews...and all of their spouses, as well as 40 or so great-nieces/nephews. The 3 days of services were filled with tears, laughter, and great stories. Joe's doing well.

Congrats to Diane on your loss

Hi to everyone.
hugs,
Jen
Old 11-20-2007, 06:06 PM   #15  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Are we ready for some turkey? ! Who's cooking?

I am cooking, but it will be for a (thankfully!) small group...Joe and I, Jess, Michael, Brandon and Matthew. Iliana's brother's bday falls on Thanksgiving, so they'll be there for the day.
It will be a relatively easy day, with no pressure of having "company". I love Thanksgiving dinner, and am looking forward to the hours of cooking, and the traditions we have come to love.
Susan, you had a great loss good for you! Keep it up.

I'm not doing so well in terms of being OP. Too much eating out/entertaining in the last few weeks. But I'm certain I'll get back on track after the holiday.

HI Terri, Es, Dianne, Sandy, Zoe, Susan
~Jen

Last edited by Jenny523; 11-21-2007 at 06:41 AM.