Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-14-2007, 07:35 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/198.2/150

Height: 5'5

Default First Time Out To Dinner....sigh...I made it!

Well, I did it.....I went out to dinner for the first time since starting my weight loss journey. I changed my eating lifestyle about a month ago and things have been going really well. I've only lost 9lbs. so far, but I've been on Prednisone the past few weeks and I knew it would slow my weight loss down. I feel better than I have in YEARS! Just the diet change alone took away my headaches, lethargy,depression and overall Blah feeling. I've found myself calling friends more and last night I went out to dinner with 2 of my neighbors. I usually would decline the invite because I always feel so crappy about myself..and normally would make up an excuse. This time I looked forward to it. I put on a pair of jeans that were tight before, and now fit perfectly...a new top...fixed my hair and makeup......and I felt GREAT!! Can you believe it? We went to a local restaurant and I ordered the only chicken dish they had. It was a chicken breast stuffed with asiago cheese served over risotto and asparagus. I also had a salad with vinagrette dressing. I ate the chicken breast and the asparagus and had a few bites of the risotto. Overall, I felt good leaving some of my meal uneaten on my plate. I have NEVER done that before. As far as drinks go...I had 2... a cosmo and a corona. Overall, I felt really good...I had a great time, lot's of laughs and great conversation. Today I am back to my healthy eating plan, and I have no guilt about what I ate and drank last night. In the past I would have felt guilty about "cheating". Now I don't feel that way. I plan on making healthy eating a lifestyle change, not a diet that makes me feel bad about myself. I plan on making a night like this once a month as a treat from now on. It felt so good to just get ready and actually look forward to going.

I guess I just had to tell someone my feelings...thanks for listening....I love you guys!
missingmyerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 08:19 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

that's awesome...good for you. Doesn't it feel great. Keep up the good work. 9lbs in 1 months is GREAT!
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 08:47 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

I second that... 9 pounds in a month is EXCELLENT! I find it kind of crazy when people say they have "only" lost ___x___ pounds in a month. I personally had to push myself very hard to continuously lose at the rate of 8 pounds in a month, so 9 is great!

Good job also for leaving food uneaten on your plate. It will get easier to do and will one day become almost habitual for you.
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 09:01 AM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

That is really an accomplishment!

9 pounds is very good! I second that!

Good for you for leaving the food you didn't want to eat. I know it's hard for some folks to do that, but better left behind than wearing it on your hips!

Keep going! You're doing great!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 09:14 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 225/198.2/150

Height: 5'5

The difference this time, is the support of this forum. I read posts religiously on here and take all the knowledge and inspiration and apply it daily.

For anyone who is a lurker like I was...start posting and get to know everyone. It made the difference for me. I feel like I have a huge new group of friends that I can cheer on and who have my back when I need them. Sometimes I just post because it makes me feel better to say it "out loud" so to speak. Like if I put my thoughts into words, they become more powerful or something.

Again, thanks to all of you guys...you motivate me each and every day!
missingmyerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 11:48 AM   #6  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Yay!

You did something VERY difficult...faced down restaurant temptation without walking out with regrets. It isn't easy to do!

You earned a dancing produce party!

mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 01:38 PM   #7  

Congratulations, as that is an amazing feat to resist temptation like that.

And you're completely correct about support being important. I'm new, too, and I have to say I find everyone inspiring, even those that are struggling.
msister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 04:20 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 353/198/140

Height: 5'7

Congratulations, keep up the good work.
littlelady25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 04:33 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 165/ticker/110

WTG! 9 pds in a month is so so great! Congratulations!!
And itīs great that u started going out and stop making up excuses.. I should do the same too..

Keep the good work
Rafaella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 03:12 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 224/ticker/170

Height: 5'9"

Default good for you!

I had a similar night----first time going out to dinner since I started and I didn't over eat. I ordered heathier items, didn't eat everything, had a beer and still stayed within my plan for the day. Generally when I do out for dinner, I just say 'ah forget it,' and eat way too much. Tonight was fun and such a different kind of experience. It does feel good---your story of your evening was very very familiar to me.

Congrats on the 9 lbs!!!
karen530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 03:53 PM   #11  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Great job ~ I hope you had a lime with that corona too....I always count it as a serving of fruit
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote