Old 11-14-2007, 06:55 PM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #190 Bale of Turtles Being Grateful!

We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on even when the odds are against us. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 08:08 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Morning all and Happy Thursday! It is very cold here today so I know that Bandit is most likely pretty chilly up her way also... Winter is really starting to settle in and that is not such a great thing as most of our tree's still have lots of leaves on them and raking up leaves in below freezing weather is just not a fun thing to do...LOL. Oh well, guess I know what I am doing on Saturday!

I have a hair dressers appointment today... I am going to go back to a short cut again, I just can not handle the "growing it out" it looks really bad and un-kept so I am off to my stylist!

Bandit: Cuba! How cool is that!!!! Have a blast!

Judy: You are going great, just keep at it!

All: Have a great day and keep posting, it really helps to have a place to come to and see what everyone is up to and what they are trying that is working or not working.

Something I made last night:
I put a couple butterflied pork chops in the crockpot yesterday morning before I came to work with a can of the low-fat cream of mushroom soup and a bit of water, some salt and pepper... set it and when I got home last night I made some rice and a side of peas... it was very good and easy as pie to make.

Princess
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 09:09 AM   #3  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Yes, Princess, you're right about having this site be so helpful. thanks for the tip. It sounds good.
Last night I made an Impossible Veggie Pie for the first time in ages. Since I tend to overeat foods like this, I packaged the leftover pie and put it in the freezer. I'm working at this one day a time.
Good luck to us all.
Judy
234.6/218.6/thinner into onederland
I hope to be 208# by Christmas. I know I'll feel better if I do that.
Old 11-15-2007, 04:41 PM   #4  

I am weighing in at 209 and decided to have my hubby hide the scale for two weeks. I think i will see better results that way. I tend to weigh myself every morning out of habit and it really effects my mood and how i eat for the day.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 09:28 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 265/139/152

Height: 5'5'

Hi Turtles
I have loss 2kg this week
bandit Have a great time
Princess the pork chops sound good I am havin it tonight
Judy on the loss
Cherry good idea
Have a good weekend Turtles
INVU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 10:01 AM   #6  

Happy Friday all!

Well my TOM showed up yesterday totally unexpectedly . So I don't have high hopes for this weekends W/I but will go and attend the meeting also.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Princess
Old 11-16-2007, 10:29 AM   #7  

I have decided the key is to MAKE the Decision for myself that i WILL make good choices. There has stopped being an option. I always gave myself the option to fail and it is really getting old. I feel so Frustrated with myself all the time. Anyone else feel this way?
Old 11-16-2007, 10:44 AM   #8  

Hey there Cherry, Yup, for sure I have felt that way... When I joined WW this last time though I changed my mind-set, I was going to do this, period! I am 45 years old and would like to enjoy any grandchildren someday that God see's fit to bless me with... I want to be healthy and as fit as I can be.

I have fallen off the wagon, had bad weeks, heck I have had bad months, LOL. But the key, in my mind, is commitment and doing this for you and because of you, no one else.

My DH joined with me way back when, lost a ton of weight, fell off the wagon with a really big thud and has never gotten back on, gained ALL of his weight back and as we all know, once you gain it back it brings friends with it so I think he weighs more now then when he started. He is back on track now though, at least he is trying to get back on and he know that his health is directly linked to his weight so he is trying. Anyway, I have not let him derail me or anyone else for that matter, I just keep plodding along.

This is a life style change, can not look at it any other way, no excuses, no feeling sorry for ourselves, nothing... we need to find our road and just keep walking it.

Last edited by Princess1122; 11-16-2007 at 10:46 AM.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:49 PM   #9  
Chick

INVU : You're doing great. I think "Bob" has a lot to do with your wonderful loss.

Princess, thanks for giving such a supportive message to Cherry Autumn.
You are spot on! I am in total agreement and couldn't say it better. I just want to let Cherry know that I'm struggling with the same problem right now and this usually is the time of year that I do well for myself in losing weight.
So, deep breaths and onward and downward. Cherry==instead of giving yourself permission to fail try and think a minute and ask yourself what you really want. I hope that helps. A weekly WI helps a lot because it holds us accountable to the scale. I'm am sure that's why I haven't gained weight in these last couple of months. Now the next step and phase for me is to hold onto my losses and keep on the right track. Good luck to us all.

Princess, good for you for getting to your meeting tomorrow. I know this has been a tough week with the iron and TOM, but the mtg. will be helpful.
Judy
Old 11-17-2007, 11:04 PM   #10  

Thanks ladies for the encouragement
Old 11-19-2007, 09:39 AM   #11  
Chick

Hey Turtles,
I just did an interesting thing on the computer. I went to WW's site and used the recipe builder to figure out how much the pumpkin pie, creamed onions, and cranberry relish are in points using my recipes. Interesting. It looks like I can have my favorites for Thanksgiving as long as I watch the portions! Portion control is the key for me on Thursday. I know I'll have a lite breakfast and plenty of hot tea while I'm cooking. Then we'll have our feast early in the day with sandwiches later on for dinner. Easy! So if I'm careful with the sizes of the more caloric items, I should be okay.

I know we have several members not celebrating Thanksgiving, but how are the Turtles going to face the eating challenges with the holidays fast approaching? Here's a reminder to drink our water!

Take it easy and be good to yourself.
Judy
Old 11-19-2007, 11:19 AM   #12  

Morning all, Happy Monday.

I did go to W/I on Saturday but we did not stay for the meeting this time, I had to get my dog checked in at the groomers and we ran out of time.

I was up 1 lb but I expected that with my TOM so next W/I will be better.

My plan is to just be sensible for the holiday, not go over board and keep my portions under control.

Have a great day ladies!
Old 11-19-2007, 02:55 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 265/139/152

Height: 5'5'

Good morning Turtles
Princess next weeks WI will be better
Cherry keep up the great work your doing
Judy we dont have Thanksgiving over here your plan sounds good big lunch little dinner

Happy Thanksgiving Turtles
INVU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 11:11 AM   #14  

Happy Tuesday all!

A Thanksgiving thought for the Turtles:

If you do the best with what God gives you, he will give you more.

If you had freedom to do what you wanted to today, thank a veteran
If you ate yesterday and did not go to bed hungry, thank a farmer
If you were given life and direction how to live it, thank your parents
If you want to make somebody's day, thank them for what they did for you
If you can read this, thank a teacher

Have a great day all!
Princess

Last edited by Princess1122; 11-20-2007 at 11:12 AM.
Old 11-21-2007, 05:03 PM   #15  
Chick

Princess, what a thoughtful message. Thanks to all the Turtles for chiming in and making my days happier and more inspired. Love to you all!

Unfortunately at my WI I was up .6# and it's very discouraging. I think I know what did it, but Cherry Autumn==this up and down with the same pounds is discouraging to say the least. So, tomorrow we're having a Happy Thanksgiving dinner here and I'll love to see my children and grandchildren, but I'm also going to protect my weight loss and see if I can't get that scale to go down!
Be well and happy and enjoy the day!
Judy