South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 11-16-2007, 12:55 PM   #1  

Default I am new here! Can you stay on P1 for 3-4 weeks?

I am new to SB and this forum and I wanted to know if it is healthy to stay on P1 for 3 or more weeks? I am looking to lose 15-20lbs I am 5'3" and I weigh 150 although a lot of it is muscle because I work out A LOT! I normally workout twice a day but since starting SB I have cut it back to once a day, I also weight train 3-4 times a week. So far P1 has been pretty easy to follow however, I have been hungry a lot and I am not sure why? I don't give into the cravings but I wanted to know why I am always so hungry. I drink at least 1-2 cups of water every 1.5 hour while at work...I've just recently added a cup or two of tea to my diet....
Diva78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 01:07 PM   #2  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Hello Diva and welcome to 3FC. Phase 1 is not recommended past two weeks as it is not good for your body in the long term. Phase 2 does take some getting use to but slow & staedy will get you were you want to be. Good luck & be sure to keep posting.
GONNABE165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 01:08 PM   #3  

Thanks I will make sure I don't go past 2 weeks!
Old 11-16-2007, 01:42 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

And if you're hungry, you can eat something, as long as it's Ph1 legal. The more veggies the better. Snacking is important.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 02:56 PM   #5  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Diva!

Sounds like you've already got a very healthy lifestyle! With all that muscle, your metabolism might be very fast and you might get hungrier quicker than most. Might be worth posting the question of why you are so hungry in the exercise or "Ladies Who Lift" forums. We have several wonderful members who are serious weightlifters and may know more about how to combat your hunger than we do. However, make sure you're getting enough protein--all that muscle needs the support and it tends to make you feel full longer. Also make sure you're getting your dairy in--the "good carbs" in dairy will help give you energy for your workouts and ease the "Phase 1 Flu" symptoms of detox.

Glad to have you with us!

Last edited by beachgal; 11-16-2007 at 02:57 PM.
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 03:40 PM   #6  

I really appreciate all of the advice...I am going to head to that section!