Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2002, 11:34 PM   #1  
Thin Within

Talking Steel Magnolias #159

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS

It has been a busy day for us out and about since it is Cowboy's day off. Got a lot accomplished. The weather is in a holding pattern of nice and beautiful.

The Iron Monster was kind to me again and I showed a loss of 1.4 for the 3rd time in a row. My body must be in a holding pattern to let go of that amount each time. I accept it wholeheartedly believe me. It is my dream and desire to lose it steadily and slowly if that makes sense. The slowly part equals 1 to 2 pounds a week. The steadily part speaks for itself.

JEAN how nice of Beth to chose you to go to that performance with her. It will be such a neat thing to see in person.

Have a good night ya'all.

Last edited by Maggie; 04-22-2002 at 11:38 PM.
Old 04-23-2002, 08:38 AM   #2  
Web Nana

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

MAGGIE CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! You did it! You are now into 'virgin fat'! It must feel great to have such a winning streak at losing! We Magnolias are so proud of you and I feel I can speak for all of us. Keep up the good work.
Your weather sounds delightful. We had such good weather last week but as New England is famous for changes we have had Snow, Hail, Rain and this morning it was 31 when we woke. Go figure. But, again, it is New England and tomorrow will be different.

JEAN How nice of Beth to include you! That sounds like a great take in and do let us know how you liked it!!!!

I forgot to say Thank You, Maggie for starting a new page. When you reply to a new page it means you can't scroll back and see what way previously said. So, forgive me for not replying to everone.

It is early and I must get myself ready for the day. We will be picking up Cam from school and I still have laundry of Summer items we will be taking on our trip. It seem that's all I do lately is laundry. We are either very clean or very dirty people.

Gloria in MA....getting on the move.
Old 04-23-2002, 05:37 PM   #3  

Good Afternoon, Flowers!
It's a nice day in the neighborhood -- a little too windy but the sun is out and it is 72 degrees!

Maggie -- CONGRATULATIONS! on another great loss! You are just doing super! Thanks for starting the new thread; I noticed I rolled it over to page two and I was too lazy to go back and redo it.

Gloria -- I think the laundry multiplies when we're not looking, I really do! We have been having different kinds of weather too -- tomorrow is supposed to back in the 40s. BRRRR!

Sharon and Gail . . . . "whheeerrrreeeee arreee yoouuu?????????" We miss you!

I have WW in an hour and then the class at church. I really should take a quick nap so I can stay awake through the video!

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 04-23-2002, 09:38 PM   #4  

Hi Everyone!!!

It has been so long since I have posted, I am going to have to read the old threads to catch up!!! We have only 23 days of school left, and things are so crazy at school. We had the TAAS test this past week, and the kids were really stressed out. This test is two days of testing. It is a state given test, and if they don't take it or pass at least one part of it, they do not go on to the next grade. So all in all, everyone was really happy that we got thru it.

Maggie: I am SO PROUD!!!!! of you and your continue weight loss. I am hoping that I can get back on program again. I have been trying...I am good until I get home and have to fix something really quick so that we can run out again for either scouts, soccer, or baseball. Usually my really quick isn't something that would be on program

Gloria: I see that your weather has been really crazy up there!!! We have been having pretty bad storms.....it is very warm and humid right now. We are about 19 inches above normal in rainfall, and we are crossing our fingers that we get a break from it real soon!!!!

Well, I need to get my kiddos in the tub and call it a night. I hope everyone has a great Wednesday!!!!!
Old 04-23-2002, 10:17 PM   #5  
Thin Within

Arrow Day 106 of being OP

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS

The weather is still lovely but we are so dry we are crisp. Someone please send rain. I guess we will have to wait on el nino when he comes around in September and then we will wonder where the dry went. This was an 18 point day and what a day for the freezer in the shop to be out of juice. Cowboy salvaged what he could and grilled lots of meat. OH did it smell good cooking but I didn't eat a bit. Such control where did you come from I ask miss Thin Within.

GLORIA is it perhaps you run a Chinese laundry on the QT? That is one thing that never does get done completely isn't it. Thank you so much for your kind words....it does feel so great to come this far once again and I will go on further for sure this last trip I am taking down the road to thin.

JEAN this is your weigh day - are you coming back this evening to give us the good news? When is school out there? I am still excited for you about that dance program you get to see.

LORRAINE good to see you girlfriend! You are a s busy as ever it looks like. Is there some time you can set aside to make up some "smart" meals for yourself to grab and heat before you run? I saw your double down town the other day - I took a double second look but then remembered before calling out your name that you said you cut your hair. The school year just whizzed by fast this time it seems.

Have a great evening all you FLOWERS
Old 04-24-2002, 02:58 PM   #6  
Thin Within

Talking

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

And another beautiful day in the neighborhood ~ but this time theyare predicting rain even though it doesn't look or feel like it. Oh - let the rain come down. Cowboy is on the roof putting on a fresh coat of Elastameric. The birds are twitterpated.... there is a georgeous couple of Steller Jays outside my window scurring about for food and nest building material. Turn likes to watch them and chatter at them but doesn't scare them off - they just argue back. This is a 24 point day for me so I do believe I will enjoy a nice home grilled burger for lunch. Yep that sounds real good and OP.

Have a great day all you lovelies.
Old 04-24-2002, 05:44 PM   #7  

Good Afternoon, Flowers!
It is another WINDY day here in my corner of the world! We even had heat at school today. The sun is out but it's not very warm, that's for sure.

Lorraine -- Hi Stranger! It's good to see you! It sounds like you are in the the swing of spring activities at your house! We only have 18 days of school left not counting 3 days of finals which are a piece of cake since the students don't have to be in school unless they have a final scheduled. I am taking a personal day on Friday and my other one on Monday . . . makes for 2 "short" weeks! In other years I've not taken them but I figured that if I don't use them, I won't get paid for them anyway. I'm up to 120 sick days and hope I never need to use them.

Maggie -- I didn't make it to WW last night. Bob was late getting home and we had to be at church by 6. If I'd have known he was going to be so late I could have gone early and weighed in but I didn't want to take two cars to church so waited for him. They must have missed me cuz I got a postcard in the mail today. Is Turn back in your good graces? I hope so! I got the neatest brush . . . it is sort of rubbery and even the cat who doesn't like to be brushed likes it! The trick is to coral them everyday and brush, brush, brush! Maybe that could qualify as exercise?

Well, it's time to start supper. I think it will be a grilled chicken night and DH can do the grilling. Have a terrific Thursday, Flowers!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 04-24-2002, 09:11 PM   #8  
Thin Within

Talking

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

JEAN well I guess you will show a double loss next week since you missed weigh in. More time to lose and make a good showing. Turn likes to be combed but only around his head and throat so maybe a nice rubber brush is the key. I'll look for one for sure. We did get some meds recommended for hair balls already and I have been giving that to him daily. We shall see how that works. But since he loves combing the brushing may be ok plus I am the only human - so far - that is allowed to pet his underside.

I just loved those home grilled burgers..... only had one and piled it high with veggies. YUM.

Have a nice evening ladies.
Old 04-25-2002, 02:16 PM   #9  
Thin Within

Talking

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

I am happy to say that I am still OP. Such a deal ~ here I go cilckeity clacking down this road to thin. Come on and join me for we will have as much fun losing weight as we did gaining it. Life is good.
Old 04-25-2002, 09:04 PM   #10  

Good Evening, Flowers!
It is still chilly and windy here -- we did have heat at school today! I don't know why they just don't leave it "on" and quit trying to outguess Mother Nature!

Maggie -- I can hear you clickety clacking along! I think the loss of 160+ sticks of butter is affecting your rationalization skills! There is NOTHING fun about this process of losing weight! (Just my opinion, you understand!) It is hard work and can be so discouraging along the way! It makes me mad at myself that I let "me, myself, and I" get so out of control with my eating habits. Life could be so simple if we didn't have to eat! I am working on the FOCUS part of the program and then on to the rest of it. Sooner or later I will get this to all work at one time! I will! I will! I will! We are going to have a brushing party tomorrow before I vacuum! I hope Turn's meds work -- our first cat used to love Vaseline and would lick it right out of the jar. She never had fur balls either!

Well, I need to make a couple of phone calls so better get a move on. Have a fantastic Friday, Flowers!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 04-26-2002, 04:03 PM   #11  
I will do it this time

Hi!!! Sorry I haven't been around lately. I have been so busy at work and will remain that way for a couple of more months. I have been doing okay on program most of the time. I hope all of you are doing well. Take care!
Old 04-26-2002, 04:27 PM   #12  
Thin Within

Talking

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

Raindrops keep falling on my head... it is raining here and I am so happy~ happy~ happy. Went to town today and got some necessary things and everything looks so clean and fresh. I am having a high point day and what fun I am having.

JEAN I know you don't want to hear this but I am having as much fun losing it as I did gaining it. I decided that at the beginning of this program that I am on. Everyone has to find their own way of losing it and that is what works for me. Life is good. You do what works for you. I eat what I want because I can have any of the foods I like. I don't feel a bit deprived. If I don't have enough points that day and still want it the next then I have it. I have learned to cut back on the size and portions and that is how I make it through the week.

SHARON thanks for stopping by and we will understand that you are real busy. Come back when you feel you can. Have a great OP weekend now.

GAIL your weigh day is tomorrow.....good luck to you.

Have a great weekend all you FLOWERS
Old 04-26-2002, 10:47 PM   #13  

Good Evening, Flowers!
It's raining here tonight; we need it so I won't complain as long as it doesn't turn into a monsoon. I puttered around all day and headed for the grocery store this afternoon. I ran into the second grade teacher that my kids had "way back when." We ended up going for coffee and spent two hours just chatting away! We always say we're going to get together and never seem to find the time. Leonard and I had our nap in the recliner tonight and here I am!

Sharon -- "HI"! I glad you could peek in. Congratluations on 13 pounds that are gone forever!

Maggie -- Thanks for the Amish virus alert! We have some of the horses and buggies here in Iowa. I thought of you today when I got a Birkenstock catalog in the mail. Do you still wear them? Your program is certainly working for you and with your FOCUS, you will reach your goal! I am so proud of you!

Guess I will finish reading yesterday's paper and make my "to do" list for tomorrow. Have a nice weekend, Flowers!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 04-27-2002, 01:57 PM   #14  
Thin Within

Talking

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

The rain stopped. Wonder how much we got ~ not much though. Not much going on here. This is an 18 point day for me so there isn't much food to consume. I am making a big batch of cole slaw which is one point a cup and real good with most anything or by itself.

JEAN I do on occasion wear my Birkies. I mainly stick with shoes and sandals that don't have a built in arch because this brace has a flat bottom. Cowboy is going to flatten the inside of my Birkie for me. I didn't think to ask the company to do that when I sent it in to have it resized. Next pair I get I will ask them to do that for me. They are wonderful in helping folks with different sorts of foot problems. The will sell you just one shoe if you want that or two different sizes if your feet aren't the same size.

GAIL CONGRATULATIONS on that loss. That is a great start for your program. You go girl! I am so jazzed for you.

Have a great Saturday FLOWERS
Old 04-27-2002, 06:41 PM   #15  
I will do it this time

Angry

Hi! I can't believe it is 3:30 our time and I haven't quit running all day. What a pain. I did go to w.w. this morning and was amazed to find out I had lost .4#'s. It isn't much but when you expect to gain it is a lot. I am happy.

Maggie, we haven't gotten much rain here either. Just short showers. It is supposed to be that way all week.

Gail, I have already congratulated you. I am so happy you are so energized again about the program. I am sure it helps that your daughter and her friend are going. I felt a bit lonely this morning, but really concentrated on the meeting and what he was saying.

Jean, not much longer for you and then vacation. Right now I envy you.

Hi Lorraine and Gloria!
Closed Thread