Old 11-14-2007, 11:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 156/154/135

Default Motivating/Encouraging our Loved Ones

I know, dangerous subject. I've been giving this a lot of thought lately.

I could use some help finding a way to be supportive when the people I love admire my success, talk about their need to lose weight and... here's where I get lost. It seems any response at this point is wrong.

Now that I've experienced some success, I am not looking to convert the world and be the fat police. I just want to be able to respond in a way that is supportive.

So, what works?
Lafayette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 02:19 PM   #2  
Member w/ messiest house

Yeah, sort of a thorny issue, but when someone says directly that they wish they could do what you've done, it's kind of an invitation for advice. I think you could ask them if they would like to know how you did it in detail, which might lead to a sort of mentoring situation. Personally I would love it if someone wanted to take me by the hand and help me lose weight; I lose my motivation daily!
Kiwonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 09:42 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 156/154/135

Kiwonk- I have my wedding as a motivation. I have always found that some event works well as a target date for keeping me on track.

Thanks for the advice!
Lafayette is offline   Reply With Quote