Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-12-2007, 03:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 214/214/150

Height: 5'5

Default What happened to my goal?

What happened to my goal? I thought I would make it but I can't. It' seems like I always get stuck on the same weight! What can I do to not keep getting stuck! I am sooooooo frustrated! Will I ever be a size 8 again?
NETZI81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 04:14 PM   #2  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

NETZI81...you CAN make! Just DON'T give up! I was stuck at the same weight for so stinking long and thought about quitting. I think we all get there at some point. I don't really have any magic words to say except just keep on keeping on. Don't ever give up though. Lots of hugs to you.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 04:29 PM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Yes - keep going!

I plateau'd for 6 months. No lbs lost. Very few sizes lost. It sucked. But you know what? Eventually my body started cooperating, and I hit goal. So sometimes we just have to be patient (even when being patient is the LAST thing we want to do...we just want to get to goal!)

hang in there!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 05:26 PM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

NETZI81, what plan are you using to reach your goal? It could be that what you're doing needs some adjustment. Tell us more?

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 11:49 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 214/214/150

Height: 5'5

Thank you all for your encouragement. I am currently doing WW at home with no exercise.. : ( I just don't have the motivation to do it. and I thought dieting alone would but in writing this.. I guess not.
NETZI81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 02:01 PM   #6  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Net, One thing I would recommend you do is to not set up a goal with a deadline. Saying you should lose x number of pounds by x day is very difficult to do. Our bodies are not machines, and even if you are absolutely perfect you may or may not lose the weight that you are aiming for. We are much kinder to ourselves when we try our best but don't put a deadline on it.

That said, I can feel your frustration. I am currently losing at the rate of 1 1/2 lbs a month and it is very frustrating. Jayell's suggestion of posting your menu is good. Maybe some of us can offer suggestions, if you are looking for any.

It is probably time to add exercise in. Maybe start with walking. Not a lot of equipment required, all fitness levels can do it.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 02:11 PM   #7  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Also, NETZI81, you might want to post over in the Weight Watchers forums about this. You are likely to get more program-specific suggestions over there. With WW it's said that you don't HAVE to exercise to lose (although it is a good thing), so it could be that doing it on your own, you are misjudging your points in some way if you're not losing.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 03:20 PM   #8  

Winners never quit, quitters never win...the road to weightloss is a rocky one. Still, at least 3FC has now been invented!

You WILL be a size 8 again.

xxxxx
CousinRockingChair is offline   Reply With Quote