South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 11-13-2007, 10:07 AM   #1  
Sabbykay

S/C/G: 254/ 220.8 /140

Height: 5' 5"

Default I've started Phase 2, need encouragement

Ok.. so I have listened to many of you and started Phase 2 as of today by adding 3/4 cup of berries with my cheesestick for my second snack. I'll stick with this for a week or two and see how things go...EEK!!!! I am quite nervous as I was very comfortable with Phase One and how mybody was reacting.

Any encouragment or thoughts for those of use beginning Phase Two?

Sabby
Sabbykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 10:22 AM   #2  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Sabby sounds like you have the right idea - slow & steady. Phase 2 takes a bit of getting use to as the weight does come off slowely and for me it sometimes didn't come off at all. Good luck and keep us posted on your success
GONNABE165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 10:28 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

SabbyKay, I remember the scary feeling of going out into Ph2 land after the safety and comfort of Ph1. I was particularly scared because I had tried SBD the year before and followed the menu plan in the book, so I added stuff too quickly and cravings came back and I didn't last long after that. This time, with all the good advice from the chicks, was so different. Ph2 is awesome, you will be so happy to have all these great options in your menus. I continued to lose at a very constant rate once I started Ph2. If you go slowly and add things one at a time, you will be just fine. Pay attention and if your loss slows too much when you eat up to 3servings of grains/day, and 2 or 3 fruits a day, you'll just have to cut back. You may find certain legal foods you need to avoid, or times of day that you can't eat them. Even now, most days I have one serving of fruit and one or two servings of whole grains. I'm going to try increasing the fruit a bit to help with an issue that would be TMI, but I will carefully monitor how it affects me. Anyway, just look at it as a learning process and proceed with caution and you'll do great! And enjoy those berries! That's a great way to start!

Last edited by Schmoodle; 11-13-2007 at 10:29 AM.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 11:44 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 174/T/140

Height: 5'3"

Hi - I'm on second week of p2 and it's going pretty well. Like Schmoodle, last time I tried, I added grains and fruit in too quickly as well and gained all back in no time. This time I added just an apple w/ cheese or PB as my afternoon snack last week. Some days it was OK, some days I was starving - I think it may have leveled off though now.
This week I added steel cut oats & 3-4 raspberries for breakfast and it is AWSOME ! I am not hungry in the least for HOURS - no cravings !!! And very relieved at not having to eat so many eggs . Still having apple for afternoon snack though and I'm not sure where to go from here. But total loss in 3 weeks was 8.5 pounds (1.5 on p2) so I'm happy.

I'm trying to keep a journal along with my food list to help me figure out what combinations work and don't work for me as well.

My favorite lunch is black beans with rotel, a little 2% cheese and tomatoes and little avacado - very filling and lots of fiber.

Good Luck to you !
BuddysBuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 11:50 AM   #5  
Sabbykay

S/C/G: 254/ 220.8 /140

Height: 5' 5"

Thanks so much!
I am not too nervous about the berries..or melon.. or apples... even oranges.
But I am nervous about sweet potatoes and other starchy veggies. I think it best for me slowly work up to having 2-3servings of fruit for a while...and then reaccess.

I have already decided it will be WELL into the new year before I try steel cut oatmeal and even then only once or twice a week.

Sabby
Sabbykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 04:15 PM   #6  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

My advice would be don't be nervous (cause I sure was!!) Just try stuff and see how your body reacts to it..not the end of the world if you have cravings..just back off on the food that causes them.

After a while I PROMISE it will all just be second nature to you. I've been doing this WOE for about 8 months now and I can't imagine going back to my old way of cooking and eating (except for Thanksgiving and Christmas...I've already planned to be "bad"..tradition, you know!)
femmecreole is offline   Reply With Quote