General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 11-12-2007, 09:03 AM   #1  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default Veterans Day ~ Thank-you!

I have the day off today because of our veterans. I live in a free country because of our veterans. I cannot thank them enough.

I came of military age at the end of the Viet Nam war...I grew up in a city with a United States Marine base...many of my friend's had dads in the Marine Corp. It was a "tough" time in America at that time. My year was the first one where we did not draw lottery numbers. Joining the military wasn't something that ever entered my mind. I had thought about it earlier in my life but now things were different. Sometimes I regret not joining.

Today I want to thank those that did ALL AROUND THE WORLD that did and made the world a better place.

Thank you VETERANS for our FREEDOM!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 09:30 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

I'm working today .... but thats okay, I consider myself to be very blessed. I would like to thank first my Lord and Saviour Jesus and second is the Men and Women (my Dad) who served / serve this country to protect me and my family.

THANK YOU VETERANS, WE LOVE YOU !!!

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 09:49 AM   #3  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Thank you so much for starting this thread! My dad was a very proud Navy Veteran--he enlisted and served in Vietnam. My younger brother is currently serving in the Army. It scares me to think about the situations that they have been in (and I am sure I don't even know the half of it), but I am so proud of them as well as the other men and women and their families.

Thank you and stay safe.
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 10:37 AM   #4  

Add me to the list -- Love the Veterans
Thanks to my dad (Air Force), my sister (Marines) and all the men and women who sacrafice, leave their familes and especially the unfortunate individuals who are injured while serving our country. We are headed next door to my neighbor, a retired Marine with his annual apple pie -- it's so important to me that my kids understand the importance of all those that serve/served.
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 10:39 AM   #5  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Thank you for starting this thread. My Dad, my DH's dad, and my brother are all Army veterans. My 21 yr. old son is in the Army Reserves and will be leaving on February 1st for Active Duty in Baghdad. My thoughts and prayers go out to all the men and women who wear the uniform to protect our freedom.

My 18 yr. old step-daughter is a new member of the US Coast Guard.

Last edited by lilybelle; 11-12-2007 at 10:40 AM.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 11:25 AM   #6  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Add me!

I don't think we can thank you enough for what you've done for us.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 11:48 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Yes Thanks to All the Veterans out there! I received this in an email and thought this would really be the approriate place to post it!

Something cool that Xerox is doing for our soldiers !!!!

If you go to this web site, www.LetsSayThanks.com <http://www.letssaythanks.com/> you can pick out a Thank You card and Xerox will print it and it will be sent to a soldier that is currently serving in Iraq. You can't pick out who gets it, but it will go to some member of the armed services.

How AMAZING it would be if we could get everyone we know to send one!!!

This is a great site.

Please send a card. It is FREE and it only takes a second.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if the soldiers received a bunch of these? Whether you are for or against the war, our guys and gals over there need to know we are behind them . ..

SO PLEASE SEND ONE!
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 04:45 PM   #8  
Walking by faith

Thumbs up

Thank you to all our veterans, past and present. God bless you all!
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 05:08 PM   #9  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Amen! Thank you Veterans
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 08:57 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 322/255/175

Height: 5'6"

THANKS to all our brave men and women who fought over the years and are still fighting and serving including: my dad (WWII), my uncles (WWII), my FIL (WWII), my brother (Vietnam), my nephew (Iraq) and other family members too numerous to mention.
God bless you all and GOD BLESS AMERICA!
Lori
mom2fivesweeties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 09:06 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 225/198.2/150

Height: 5'5

My 19 year old daughter Erica is in the NAVY, she is currently stationed at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. We miss her terribly, but we are so proud of her. She is coming home on leave in January and I want her to come home to a much healthier (hopefully thinner) mom!

I too would like to say a heartfelt THANK YOU to all the Veterans out there....especially to my NAVY GIRL! GO NAVY!
missingmyerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 09:13 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

i agree...thanks..my grandpa served in WW2, my dad served 24 yrs in the air force...i served 3 yrs in the army. So thanks to all those currently serving. thanks for our freedom!

Last edited by GatorgalstuckinGA; 11-12-2007 at 09:13 PM.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 09:20 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 190/189/156

Height: 5'10"

Yes, indeed, THANK YOU for continuing to ensure our freedoms!! We couldn't be the great nation we are without the men and women who protect us and fight for us!!

Thank you to all the 3FC's military past and present... I bow to you and appreciate you!!

Love to you all!!
aymster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 09:33 PM   #14  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Add me to the list as well! Thank you to all of our veterans, and to the families of our veterans also. And a special to parents of those currently serving.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote