Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2002, 08:31 AM   #1  
A princess in the making!

Talking ~~week Of April 21st~~

GOOD MORNING!!

Well I made it through Day 1. It was really easy to get back on program after one day off. I guess it is because I did not beat myself up for it. And act like I can't do this. I know I can do it. So on to day 2

We are off to see the Brewers and the Cards today. And it is cold here again. We were just wearing shorts last weekend and now we have our winter coats on again. Gotta love WI weather.

Have a wonderful Sunday!!

Old 04-21-2002, 09:06 AM   #2  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Wow..I thought our weather was nutty!!!!Have fun at the game Pryia!!!!

It is a beautiful day today...I think we will go back to the zoo(have yearly pass!!!) and let SD#2 play on the great play area there!!!Me and DH just sit in the shade and let her wear her little self out!!!She was asleep by 7pm last night!!!

Well..off to cook a good breakfast and then do some excercise!!!
Have a great Sunday all!!!
RR
Old 04-21-2002, 06:25 PM   #3  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys!! Day 14 going well. We went to Six Flags yesterday and had a super time. For you Jersey Girls, Nitro rocks!! I was terrified the whole time. I love coasters, but when your butt starts lifting off the seat and there is only a tiny little thing in front of you (not even over your shoulders) to hold you in, I get scared. I had a veggie sandwhich for lunch and shared a piece of fudge with DH. I managed to complete the day only using 3 banked points. Think I managed pretty well. Now for the good news. I wore a pair of jeans yesterday that I haven't been able to get my butt into (comfortably) for several months. That MADE my day. I was so happy.

PYRIA: Yippee on getting back on track. WE CAN DO THIS!! I KNOW WE CAN!!

RR: Hope you had fun at the zoo. I like to go to the Bronx Zoo but getting there is a hassle. There is always so much darn traffic.

Hope the rest of you are having a great weekend!!

Old 04-21-2002, 06:32 PM   #4  

Well, I have had a different sort of weekend. Mad at a nurse, for abusing her position against a sick friend. I hope my friend gets out of the hospital soon, and never has to go back there!!!

RR- Ginger tea (I mean fresh ginger root, grated and boiled in water, and then drain the water and drink the water/tea) is excellent for nausea!!! Don't add sugar, it tastes like a peppery chicken broth, and it is wonderful. Also, Almonds are good too. Snack on them, and sip on the tea.

Pryia - hope you enjoyed the game.

BPB - Don't worry about catching up, just post as you can. Maybe, skim through to read the encouragement that people have given directly to you, but don't stress about responding. You should come here, and just bask in the support we can give. That is my opinion anyway.

Well, I am going to see if I can motivate myself to get ready for the week. I want to be successful at the exercise challenge. Hope everyone has a great evening, and an easy Monday morning.

Edit to Karen - CONGTATS on the small jeans. Keep it up, and they will be too big for you. too. YOU GO GIRL!!!

Last edited by lyssalou; 04-21-2002 at 06:35 PM.
Old 04-21-2002, 10:34 PM   #5  

Talking Good Evening!

Brewers SWEEP the Cards!!! Good game. We had a blast, even if it was pouring outside. Thank goodness for the Roof. And that I do not sit in the section where it leaks!

I did Day 2 OP!! Even going to the game. I had some snacks there, which I brought from home. Even brought my own sandwich. Did not get my favorite NACHOS! B had some with just cheese so I had a few of those. But I did so well.

Well off to bed so I can get some zzzzz before the hetic work week starts again!!
Old 04-21-2002, 10:59 PM   #6  

Well, things are pretty good. Hoping to be able to jog 1 mile straight by the end of the week. In order to make this possible, I am going to limit my cigaretts (just can't let go all at once). Am looking at property near fenway park - supposed to be an "up and comming" area - can afford the 1 br condo's and some take dogs. Going to meet with my banker on Tuesday... Resume is almost ready to go (although I really want to go to one of those counselors to have it redone for changing fields). Will write a cover letter tonight and hope those two jobs have not been filled. Exercise has been great. Food has been - well - VERY TASTY! Will try to have a better week. Just went to buy fruit, but the store was closed.

Nanci: Welcome back! Glad you are feeling better - don't think any plans are actually brewing for a get-together... Don't worry about the minor set-back - probably just H2O.

Pryia: Have fun at Eddie Bauer - got my favorite suit there 3 years ago - maybe I'll be able to wear it again soon! You have such a good attitude for success! Go on out and break that record. Yeay Brewers! Celtics won! Woo hoo. Wow op at game!

Karen: Ooh, I love amusement parks! Great job staying op - Yeay on the pants

BPB: Great to see ya. Sorry - I am the worst overposting offender (you should just skip them). Hope the ice cream is still in the fridge - or that it was REALLY GOOD.

RR: I am getting very excited! - Sorry about the park experience.

Lyssa: Hope your friend is OK - Hospitals are stressful! You go for it with the exercise!! Remember tech's advice - More than you did before = success!

Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 04-22-2002, 11:33 AM   #7  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Well, after all that nice warm and hot weather last week, it's back to like, 50 something degrees today! It was pouring out this AM on my commute, and it's dark and gloomy now. It's supposed to get better, at least until Thursday, but not hot like it was.

Had a haircut and nails done Saturday. My hairdresser butchered me, cut like 2 inches off!! My hair grows slow to begin with, now it's gonna take forever to get it grown back!! Had my nails done (tips and acrylic) by a little Chinese guy! Never had a guy do them before, he was actually really good though. Unfortunately they're a little too long for me! They're by no means looong, but for me they are! Not sure how bowling will go tomorrow!! Going to mom's after Curves tonight to p/u some silver earrings for my appt. tomorrow. Think I will just do w/o the necklace, since it's a regular round neckline...think that's called a jewel neckline, isn't it? I'm pretty psyched about it though.

Bailey- Good for you limiting the butts. Maybe once you're able to jog 1 mile, you'll be motivated to keep cutting down til you're ready to quit?!

Lyss- Sorry to hear about your friend, hope she's well soon and maybe you can file a complaint about the nurse??

Karen- Congrats on the jeans! I don't do roller coasters!! It takes some convincing to get me on a log flume!! DH wants to get season passes to the water park at Great Adventure though. Still deciding, I don't think it's worth it, because I know we won't be down there every weekend! Oh, BTW, just had to giggle, you could never convince anyone that you're a native New Jerseyian by calling it Six Flags!! Anyone that grew up in NJ calls it Great Adventure, that's what it was and what it always will be!! (Not that you would wanna admit to it anyway!!)

RR- That's cool that you have a pass to the zoo.

Have a great day all!!
Old 04-22-2002, 12:50 PM   #8  

Hi everyone. I think I'm gonna quit saying TGIF cuz I work harder on the weekend than I do during the week. The only thing I enjoy on Sat & Sun is sleeping in but then I pay the price at 4:45 am on Monday. I did fairly well this weekend -- not perfect but not as bad as it could have been. The scale said I lost 1/2 pound so I was happy Sunday. I can feel myself starting to slip so I'm gonna set some different goals -- I'm totally craving diet sodas!!
Goal 1: Hit the gym 5 days and focus on the "Running" plan
Goal 2: Go for a 30 min rollerblade after work 2-3 times
Goal 3: 2-3 diet sodas and no alcohol
Goal 4: Salad with every dinner

Pry, I’ve never been a baseball fan but glad you had a good time. Good job on bringing your own food to the game and resisting nacho temptation.

RR, zoo’s are such a great place for kids. I love taking DH’s nieces and nephews there when they come to stay with us. Ours has a great playground too and I can totally relate to you. We usually hit it for a half hour as soon as we get there and then walk around the zoo (ours is small) and then go back to the play area and stay there until the little ones are exhausted.

KarenK, you are doing so great!! I love roller coasters!!!!!! At the end of June DH and I are going to Cedar Point in Ohio – biggest roller coast park in the world – they have 15. We went two years ago and rode the Millenium – they had just built it and it set all kinds of records at 310 ft. tall and goes 93 mph. I can’t wait to ride it again – it’s a life altering experience. I was ready to face anything after conquering my fear of getting on that monster. WooHoo on the pants fitting!!

Lys, I’m sorry to hear about your friend being sick. It’s great that you are turning to exercise/walking in this difficult time instead of food. It shows what great progress you’ve made!!

Bailey, does BF smoke?? Good luck in cutting back. The condo sounds great. I hope all goes well at the bank. Your boss is your father???????? You forgot to mention that it your “vent” post. You are too funny.

Tech, I checked your website and your new job sounds exciting. I hope it’s as fun and interesting as it looks. I have my scuba license but haven’t been in awhile. I’ve always been fascinated by the ocean and living in FL I just had to do it. I’m kind of like Karen though, I get really stressed and nervous when I’m getting all the gear on and usually work myself into an upset stomach but once I hit the water I’m in heaven and it’s so peaceful.

Lisa, DH and I are wishing we had a condo!!! We just shelled out $600 to redo our entire front yard. It got bugs or something and died off so several pallets of grass later we have a nice yard. The house is 15 years old and it’s time to start replacing everything. I guess we’re lucky at how good it’s been for us so far – we’ve lived there for five years.

Lauren, sorry you had such a stressful Friday. I hope everything was resolved and this week goes better for you.

Nanci, welcome back. Glad you survived without hurting anyone.

BPB, sending good vibes your way. You should print out all of our messages and then go for a walk while you read them. Hahahaha!!!
Old 04-22-2002, 02:37 PM   #9  
Phat Chick

I promise I will go back and read the posts properly, but I have to vent....

ToM - nine days and counting

As compensation to my body, I had to eat the tub of haagen dazs strawberry cheesecake icecream to replenish my lost energy

Old 04-22-2002, 04:37 PM   #10  
Working on Weight loss!!!

BFB--Wow--on tom!!!Doensnt it know to stay away about hmmmm 9 months or so!!!! Leave the Haagen Dazs alone!!!I heard that roller blading helps the energy level!!!!

Liz--I am glad I sold my house after 11 yrs of owning...I just knew things would be needing replacement!!!I like living at DH's and let his do those things!!!He had to replace 2 shrubs cuz of bugs..It is crazy those pesky little creatures!!!!

Lauren--Good Luck!!!Let us know!!!

Have a great evening..Did 45 minutes on the treadmill and only got off for dry heaves twice!!! I am off to buy some ginger!!!
Vicki
Old 04-22-2002, 05:11 PM   #11  
Miss. Brat

S/C/G: 262/262/140

Height: 5'3"

Talking

Hi everyone again sorry I am so slow in posting here I forget where I am going and have been. I have been doing readlly well since Wednesday now/ I know that is only 5 1/2 days so far but hey it is a start. I did slip a bit yesterday but was around 1800 calories and about and 29 g fat. So many vegetables so little time. The calories were from a red licorice attack. I have had 3 or 4 cups of water today so far and am off to get another one. Ilove Goodwill! I bought a new looking Sag Harbor skirt for $2.49 + tax. I have been going crazy buying skirts there when they go half price it is to good to resist. I bet I have about 20 now! Not quite that many and they are different sizes ya know! Have a great day and drink water! Daphne
Old 04-22-2002, 05:18 PM   #12  

With all the confusion this weekend, I forgot to tell you that my gumbo was out ot this world. If I keep finding low fat alternatives to my favorite foods like this, I will never miss the high fat alternatives. Next experiment, fat free pie crust. Will let you all know the results!!! (If any one is interested.)

Dabrat - Everyone has to start (or re-start) somewhere, and 5 1/2 days is really good. Congrats, and keep it up. I like re-sale shops, too!!! Some people get rid of clothes way before they should, and that means I can clothe my whole family of 6 for cheaper than what most people spend on one person.

BPB - no fun. I hope everything gets better soon. DON'T STRESS ABOUT READING THE POSTS. And leave the Haagen Dazs alone. It doesn't taste as good as skinny feels.

Liz - great plan, especially about eating salad with dinner, maybe that is what dh and I need to change our diet to get off of the plateau we are on now.

LBH - sorry the "new do" isn't what you wanted, I am sure it looks better than you think.

Bailey - Tasty food is good, at least you are exercising more, that will help. Good luck on the job hunt.

Pryia - Glad you enjoyed the game. Why say this is day 2? Why not say that you are just picking up where you left off? Saying this is day 2 doesn't express the 11 days you did fabulous before. Heck, 11 days on, and 1 day off is less than 10% off of plan. And every day op you add, you decrease the off percentage. You just gotta keep going. I for one am very proud of you.

Karen - see we Texans do everything bigger. Even our amusement parks are so big, that they have expanded all over the US. For those of you who don't know, Six Flags comes from Texas, where there have been six different Countries flags flying over us. Spain, France, Mexico, Republic of Texas (it used to be an independant country), Confederate States of America, United States of America.

Have a great evening.

Last edited by lyssalou; 04-22-2002 at 05:23 PM.
Old 04-22-2002, 07:47 PM   #13  

BRRRRR! We went from one day last week in the 90's right back to the 30's! It is even supposed to snow tonight. I sucked it up and did my run anyway, though. Same time as yesterday - but still need to keep stopping to walk and catch my breath. Cigarette's: 10 down, 5 to go and about 7 hours until I usually go to bed. Guess I will have to turn in early! So far so good on points... BUT I AM STARVING.

Didn't get the job stuff out, just waiting for feedback from my sister. If anyone would be willing to offer feedback, pm me your email and I will send it off. I really don't know how to go about changing careers!

Talked to banker today. Looks like I should be able to qualify for a loan that will get us into a place, but my rate might be a little high (late credit card payments). That's ok, though. Renting, the interest rate is 100% and our current monthly payment is higher than what the loan would be! Will go to open houses this w/e. We are lucky, we are renting month to month, so we have a very flexible time frame and can wait out all of the spring and summer "seller's market" weeks unless we find something spectacular.

LBH: Hating this cold front! Sorry about the hair - I am sure it looks great, it is just not what you are used to. Break a leg tomorrow! As far as the smoking advice, that is the plan, but we are not using the "Q" word. Instead, I am saying I will cut back to 15. If I make it 2 days, I will go to 14, etc. If I get to a point where it is really hard, I will stay there for a week or 2 so I don't break down and go back to 25 per day!

Liz: You are doing great! I have to get off the diet soda kick myself. No alcohol?? All week??? WOW - IMAGINE... Yes BF smokes, but he is not as bad as me. For example, when we run out, he does not go running out of the house screaming like a banchee looking for an open store. Also, if he is not feeling too well, he just won't smoke for a day. Trust me, I know. It sounds crazy but he is really like that! So anyway, if I am successful, he will probably all but quit without my hardly even noticing. Yes, my boss is my father . When I decided to leave grad school, they were in a very busy time and needed help with some research projects and software development. There are 5 employees (including me, the "clerk" (mommy) and the CEO (daddy). In addition, the only other full time employee besides me and my father has worked with my father since I was 6. Everytime the two of them look at me, I can see bunny slippers reflected in their eyes. Yes, I need a new job.

BPB: YUCK TOM!! I had AF visit for 6 weeks straight once and had to go on the pill. You may want to see your dr. Or, eat more ice cream

RR: Hope you are feeling better! Take it easy on the exercise.

Dabrat: I couldn't figure out what dab rat meant...Is it da BRAT?? too funny

Lyssa: Yummy gumbo sounds great. Correct me if I am wrong, but don't pie crusts com in those pie-shaped containers at the grocery store I wouldn't even know what to do with one of those Thanks for the good thoughts!

Well, gotta get up off this chair and do something before I light up another butt!
Old 04-22-2002, 08:08 PM   #14  
Miss. Brat

S/C/G: 262/262/140

Height: 5'3"

Wink

LOL Bailey it is Da brat cause my hubby says I am a brat. He also calls me Duck because my name is Daphne so Daffy Duck therefore Duck. It is funny in the store to hear Hey Duck where are you?!I Just ate about1/2 dry pint Grape Tomatoes. They are sooo good. Daphne
Old 04-22-2002, 08:41 PM   #15  

Default Hi!

Just wanted to say Hi and I am OP. I have SERIOUS dental pain. So I can not post now. I will be back in a few days after the root canal!!

P
Times that by 1000
Closed Thread