Old 11-08-2007, 07:04 AM   #1  
Just wanna lose!

S/C/G: 177/177/150

Height: 5'2

Default New here on Gold Plan

Hi all I started LA Weightloss now Pure Weightloss in August. I am down not even 10 pounds yet but I know it is because I have fallen off plan ...A LOT....haha. I know it works when I do it so why don't I just do it?! Arghhh. I ultimatley would like to lose another 10 pounds or more to get me in a healthier range for my height. I am 5'2 and currently sitting around 156 started at around 163. I was supposed to be at 142 this past week but that obv did not happen. I am going into my center today to get the take off juice and to get re-motivated hopefully to start over in a way this weekend!! Anyone else on gold plan?

I would love some sample menues people do. I can do pretty good at work all day long it is when I get home from work! I also have burnt myself out of my daily salad I was bringing to lunch! Any fave soups? I am a big can soup person which I know are no-no's due to all the sodium!!!

Thanks
Steph
pear_fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 12:58 PM   #2  

Height: 5'2"

Hi Steph,
Welcome
I was on gold for 3+ months so this is my suggestion to you. Since there are only 2 proteins on gold for your 3 main meals, I used up a dairy, fruit, and starch together for one of my main meals, usually for breakfast. Sometimes, though I switched things up to keep my body guessing and I had this combination for lunch or even for dinner. With these 3 foods, I made a yogurt parfait using my favorite, Dannon lite and lively low fat vanilla yogurt. With the yogurt, I added the fruit of my choice and then fiber one cereal. It is a very filling meal for me and it solved the problem of having only 2 proteins. I know the drawback is that I was using up one of my only 2 starches, but oh well that is what I felt I had to do.

You asked about daily menu plans. Several months back, there are monthly threads where members have added their daily menus. You can find those by going back to these pages (currently) July, page 20; June, page 29; May, page 36 and April, and page 43. I hope you get some ideas. You can even look at the menus for other “colors” and then adapt them for gold. I don’t know why we all stopped entering the daily menus. I suppose it is a time issue, but I feel that it is as valuable as POP challenges or could be used in conjunction with POP challenges.

You also asked about soup recipes. There is a recipe section at the top of the page and you will find some soup recipes there. I also stumbled on a link that shows an index to the recipes and it is http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/arch...php/f-205.html.

week 44
LAWL franchise center
Plan 2 with lites
total lost 54 lbs.
Original goal of 50 lbs lost – achieved
New goal to lose total of 65 lbs
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 06:39 PM   #3  
Just wanna lose!

Thank you soo much! Yes I was looking over the recipes a little bit this morning so need to pick up some groceries and prepare prepare!!! My center even called me yesterday checking in on me haha! So need to go there tomorrow or Saturday for sure as they are closed on Sundays.

Thanks for the tips about the proteins etc...I find I do fine having just a lite for breakfast or fruit then I have an apple at around 10 on my first break at work then lunch I usually do a veg, protein, a light 0 fat yogurt(yoplait light thick and creamy lemon pie or vanilla are my faves ) then have another light on my last break of the afternoon then I have my starches and protein and more fruit and veg usually to use at dinner. I think my biggest problem has been being lazy and tired so I just shove whatever I can into my mouth when I walk in the door and I need to STOP that and think before I just cram it in haha!

Thanks again!!! I am so glad I remembered about this community since the Pure at home site is just not that great as far as the forum goes haha!
Old 11-08-2007, 07:16 PM   #4  

You are welcome. I have found, for me anyway, that I have to get my starches in earlier in the day and I rarely use a starch at dinner. This practice leads to better weight loss for me.

week 44
LAWL franchise center
Plan 2 with lites
total lost 54 lbs.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:24 AM   #5  
Just wanna lose!

Thanks Lyn. I plan to change it up more frequently and have a starch with lunch to see if that makes a difference. I know It will be nice to have something different at lunch time! haha
Old 11-09-2007, 10:24 AM   #6  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Steph - I am on gold and I usually try to have a protein, dairy and fruit for breakfast, lite for a.m. snack, vege, fruit and starch for lunch, fruit and starch for p.m. snack, protein and 2 veges for dinner and my last lite for evening snack. I try to get my fruits and starches in by mid afternoon. So far that's worked pretty good for me. I try to change it up every couple of weeks or so.
chiquita623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 11:42 AM   #7  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 216/208/140

Height: 5'8"

I am also on Gold. I usually split up my proteins, so I have 1/2 a protein at breakfast, then 1/2 at lunch, then a whole protein at supper. I don't use the same proteins when I do split. I usually have cottage cheese for breakfast with a fruit. Then I have chicken, peanut butter, etc for lunch. I'm always mixing up my foods and when I have them. I like to keep my body guessing! LOL
whatazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 12:31 PM   #8  

It's great to see how others create their menus. It helps to give us more options.
Thanks everyone for sharing.

week 44
LAWL franchise center
Plan 2 with lites
total lost 55 lbs.