Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2002, 08:18 PM   #1  
a work in progress...

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again...#158

300+ And Ready To Try Again...#158
WELCOME

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

WELCOME!!!!
Old 04-20-2002, 08:38 PM   #2  
a work in progress...

Well, that was a first for me...I figured it was time to start up a new thread...so here we go!

This should be a real exciting Saturday night...I have my two nephews staying the night, ages 12 and 10...with my 11 year old son...they are presently brawling in the family room...daughter and dh are at work...so here I am! Still working on the clothing switch, so I need to find a good flick to watch while I work...I'm thinking of "Gone With the Wind," 4 hours, and I should be done by the time it's over...I need something that I don't have to keep an eye on constantly...I don't get much done that way! I have seen this movie so many times, not to mention how many times I have read it, I could practically recite the entire film.

So fiddle dee dee! Tara, here I come! (cue the music...) Da DA da da...da DA da da....da DA da da da...da da da da....what the **** was she thinking, anyway? Who could POSSIBLY prefer wimpy Ashley over Rhett?

I'll be back at intermission...
Old 04-20-2002, 09:20 PM   #3  

I love reading about everyone's flowers!!! I've been wanting to plant some for the last 2 weekends, but mother nature has not been on my side. We have had a lot of rain today,,,,with some thunder and lightening thrown in for good measure. So my son and I took advantage of the rain outside to spend the day inside!!! We walked the mall, then went bowling. He skunked me!! (naturally!! ) I was really tired by the time we got home! I sat down and fell asleep, woke up an hour later!! All in all it was a wonderful day with my son!! I guess he still enjoys his time with good ole mom!!! (Especiall when she is buying!! )

I'm going to call it a night on the computer. I've having some trouble with my ears, and fear they are getting infected. I'm dizzier than normal!! Having a feeling a trip to the doctor will be in store for me come Monday....(oh yea).

I will try to check in on everyone tomorrow!!!

Theresa
Old 04-20-2002, 10:30 PM   #4  

I know, Baylee, I can't believe it will snow!!!!! It is still 43 so maybe we will dodge it?

I got a lot done today but sure hope my body doesn't make me pay tomorrow.....

Now, don't forget to keep posting so 2Cute has something to read when she gets back tomorrow night!!!!!
Old 04-21-2002, 03:48 AM   #5  

Hi everyone,

Had an absolutely wonderful day. I bought potting plants at walmart as promised. I planted some in pots and the bedding plants celiosa, salvia, and marigold in the ground. I ate a delicious sandwich of salmon/mayo/fresh dill/capers. Fell asleep and went outside. Sat in a chair looking at the flowers and read making the connection. I'm half way through. Very good book. It was an eye opener to look myself in the mirror and ask do you love yourself? Know what the answer is...I have alot of work to do. This is the year to do it.

Baylee, friendly ghosts. I felt funny after my dad died. It went away when I dug the weeds out on his grave. I had a wonderful dream and had two more since then. It's hard to describe, but I can hear the laughter, the twinkle in his eye, his voice. I wake up feeling happy. You all know he was a hard man to live with, but I feel really good after those dreams.

Lucky, your weather outlook is snow? Yikes, we need a good snow or rain here. It's summer time. The crickets are at it outside. It looks to be a long, hot summer.

Kat, guess what I bought at walmart? A spongebob beach bag. My dog was lounging on my bed with me. He walked up to the patrick pillow, looked up at him and approached patrick's shorts. I told him "no" and he walked away. I get a feeling he'll be back when I'm not around. Rascal boy.

Goodnight and sweet dreams,
Malia
Old 04-21-2002, 08:13 AM   #6  
determined chick!

Default New member

Hi I am a new member and weigh 302. I've lost 28 pounds so far but was wondering if this was the thread I should join. I've been heavy all my life in over 300 pounds since 97 though I lied to myself about it the first 3 years just by refusing to weigh myself and make excuses. I really need to stick to it this time. My brother died in January from complications to his Diabetes and heart problems so I really have to do it this time. Can you guys help? My main thing now is finding the right exercise. I'm a little self conscious to walk where I live so I need to find alternatives. Any ideas? I'm trying to eat low fat with lots of veggies and fruits. Wish me luck this time.
Old 04-21-2002, 08:27 AM   #7  
Falling, but fighting...

Default A New Day

Good morning ladies,

First off I have to say that over the last month or so, I haven't been doing well OP, especially the last 2 weeks. That being said I have decided that I need to refocus. I don't know if I can do it 100%, but I am going to try. I did really well yesterday, considering it was Saturday, which is usually my weigh in day, so I pig out after. I did not pig out and I went to a wedding. I did eat the food, but it wasn't that bad. A little cup of soup, salad, rolls, chicken, pasta and veggies. I also had a scoop of ice cream and a sliver of cake. I am pretty proud of myself.

I received a weekly checklist sheet from weight watchers. It has the seven days of the week and various items to complete, such as drank water, took multivitamin, exercised, etc... I made copies of it and put it on my refrigerator. While I didn't complete everything yesterday, I did do most of the items.

I am also trying to broaden my horizons. I ate egg beaters for the first time yesterday morning. I put a slice of fat free cheese on them and it wasn't so bad. In fact, it tasted pretty good. I think I like the egg whites better though.

I am going shopping this morning and will try to find some new additions to my refrigerator/cupboard. I really need the variety to keep me on track. Any suggestions?

I am still doing my daily exercising on my bike, but yesterday, I got on the floor and did three sets of 10 of sit-ups, and side crunches. I even did one set of crunches with my legs up in the air! I am going to try and do them several times a week, as my body is getting smaller, but my "tire" is just sitting there.

Well, I guess that is all for me.

Prism: Sounds like you had a nice day. I need to do some planting too, but I can't since my husband is planning on digging all around the back of the house to try and waterproof the basement. Then he plans to put in a patio, so I don't think that I should spend any money on plants until after he is done.

Baylee: Sounds like squirrels to me. Those little buggers won't leave, once they find a nice home. I think you might have to call someone and fix that hole.

Theresa: Hope it is nothing serious with your ears.

Lucky: I hear you. I cut the grass and did a lot of yard work the other day. Thankfully my body didn't suffer too much.

Katrina: Good job on starting the new thread. Good luck with the boys.

Well got to run.

Susie
Old 04-21-2002, 08:34 AM   #8  
Falling, but fighting...

Hi Grizzlyschick:

I guess we posted at the same time. Welcome. This is a great group. I started it back in July 2000.

My highest weight was 347 and I am now 279 1/2. I have been overweight my entire life, first joining WW at the age of 12 and a weight of 207. It has been a struggle, but the weight is slowly going down.

As far as exercise, if you don't want to walk outside, then try getting a tape and doing it inside. I have an exercise bike and lots of tapes. I especially like Richard Simmons and his tapes. I also purchased Leslie Sansone walking tapes. They have them for 1 mile, 2, etc... They are pretty easy to do and the 1 mile takes about 18 minutes. Great exercise. If you don't want to use tapes, then maybe you could just put some music on or watch TV and march in place. Get some cans of soup and use them as weights and work out your arms too.

So welcome and good luck. We are all here for each other.

Susie
Old 04-21-2002, 09:19 AM   #9  
You and Me in 2003

Welcome Grizzly: This is a wonderful group. I started in July of 2001 at 245 I am at 204 now. I couldn't do without these ladies to support me.

I did go to Olive Garden yesterday. I had
1 helping salad
2 1/2 bread sticks
Chicken Giardiana (it is wonderful and heart smart)
us tea
cappachino (instead of dessert)
It was all great

last night I went to an Eastern Star meeting with my Aunt. I think she is wanting me to join. Like I don't already have enough to do

Well I better run be back later
Old 04-21-2002, 09:27 AM   #10  
I'm on my way!

Default Goood Morning everyone!!

I didn't make it in here yesterday....I am weak! LOL I caved in! My day started great...I had Kashi cereal for 3 points. Then Andrew and I went to the Baby and Toddler show and food galore! Samples samples samples...everywhere! I had 2 cookies, half a a small ice cream sandwich, half a pbj sandwich, a very small sample of chocolate cake. It was awful...I lost control! Then I went to Wendy's to try that chicken mandarin salad everyone was raving about. I used the whole packet of noodles and almonds. I love both! And only about 1/3 of the packet of the dressing. I figured it to 3 points just in case! You really don't need much on there the dressing is strong and the oranges help keep it moist. Then, I was eating snacks with my son all day. He got lots of sample size packets of stuff and I was right beside him, sometimes he was feeding me. He thought that was funny! I couldnt' say no to that adorable little blue eyed blonde boy!

And then to top it all off....we had mcdonalds chicken selects, with french fries. I did have a diet coke with that as if that even mattered at this point!

So....today is another day. We had to take John to work this morning because his truck broke down yesterday. On the way home we stopped at the supermarket to try and find those My Daily Muffins with no success. Has anyone tried them. 2 pts no fat whatsoever? Anyway, I found this low fat garlic hummus and 4 tablespoons is only 1 pt! Yes 1 pt.! So when we got home I dug out the beefstake light rye bread and made two sandwiches with it for a total of 3 points. Two sandwiches are pretty filling. I even made Andrew a half sandwich and he liked it!

Well since I couln't find those muffins I bought pears to make the fantastic fruit muffins for 2 points each. I will let you know how they turn out. I could do 2 muffins in the morning with a cup of hot tea! That would satisfy me hopefully! Quantity is the name of the game with me! Heck...even three muffins would only be 6 points! I could handle that!

Well enough about me! Lets see.....

Grizzlyschick Welcome to this group! You will love it here. These gals are the best! We have so much fun here on a daily basis. They are all here for you whether you have a weight issue or personal issue! I love this group! I had lost 97 lbs on weight watchers prior to my pregnancy and gained back a majority of it. I weighed 317 lbs at my heaviest. I found that when I exercised regularly the weight moved off faster. I mostly walked and did Richard Simmons videos...I love that guy! LOL His videos are fun and you don't feel like you are exercising...I hate exercising...in fact, I despise it! You just stick with us and you will be on your weigh! We are here for you!

Susie...the key to success is to never give up! We all have bad days and good days. Just keep looking forward...I found it was easier to lose the weight when I was living alone...it goes slower with a family because there are so many obstacles along the way....I can't just go out and walk whenever I want, the cutting of the crusts on the kid's bread..which I just recently gave up doing. He can eat it or not whatever he chooses! Then of course there are the snacks for him that I have to learn to stay away from. They are good snacks...I just don't need to add them to my food plan.

2cute are you tired of reading yet?

Malia you have the life of leisure don't you? I envy you! That salmon sandwich sounds delicious!

Baylee I hope its not squirrels you have...they can wreak havoc for sure!

Theresa sounds like you had a great relaxing day! I love to bowl but haven't been since before I was pregnant. Today Andrew and I are going to the mall to find something for us to all wear to the wedding we are going to in Harrisburg in May. Its suppose to rain here this afternoon so that would be a good indoor project! Plus I want to get new sneaks that are on sale at Sears!

Kat...want to come do my clothes too!?? I still need to clean out Andrew's closet and our closet before I bring down the summer clothes. Plus I need to wash windows in both bedrooms too. Then that part of my spring cleaning will be done! I hate cleaning but it is considered exercise right? /thats why I hate it ! LOL

to Andria, Nancy, Mary, Thin, Jen, Tina (where the heck are you Tina, is everything ok?), Duckie and everyone else out there!

Well gals, I best be getting my rear in gear and get something done here before I head to the mall. I'll catch up with you all again later.
Old 04-21-2002, 09:35 AM   #11  

It's SNOWING

Baylee... How are you over there? Everything is covered in white. According to the build up on my car we have had at least 4 inches already. It is very heavy and wet but coming down so fast you can barely see.

I know a ghost buster if you need one....

Welcome, Grizzly you will love it here.

Oh, Malia, to sit outside and look at flowers..... One of these days I will get to do that too.

Susie I haven't been doing very well with this weight loss thing either. I do know that I have felt better and more on track the last couple fo days and I "blame" this thread. No matter how down I was I kept coming here and reading and posting...more reading than posting. I want to once again thank the people who post here for being so helpful, caring and just nice.....it really makes a difference.
Old 04-21-2002, 10:35 AM   #12  

Wink

Good Morning Lady's

I've been lurking lately, and not posting. I don't have a computer at home and I usually post when I'm at work, but I find when I'm on days off I miss so many postes it's hard to keep up. I work 8 days on 6 off so I miss quite a bit. Feel kind of like I'm intruding when I post every now and then.

Michelle- I just wanted to say thank you for remebering me, I really enjoy reading all your posts, you really brightened my day and I'm sure some of the other girls who are just lurking, will want to start posting again. It's a good feeling when someone actually notices you've been missing.

I've been a bad girl lately, so I thought. I weighed my self on Friday and I've lost another 2lbs ( that's 2 lbs in 3 weeks) so I was kind of surprised I thought for sure I would have gained. I've been walking alot lately so maybe that's helped, have to keep it up.

To all you girls who are still getting snow, your not alone. We had a huge blizzard here last week. It was + 15C one day and 2 days later we had more snow than we had all winter. What's with the weather lately, We'll be going ice fishing May long weekend instead of camping ( which we usually do every year).
I cant wait for our summer even spring to kick in, I love camping and fishing.

Hey do any of you weight watcher girls know how many points are in dehydrated banana chips. I've been eating alot of them lately. I'm sure there better for you than regular potatoe chips.Yummmy

Fiance's done school this week, he writes his apprenticeship exam on Wednesday, I'm sure he'll do great, he got 90's on all his other tests at school. So he'll be able to get out there and get a job, has some pretty good prospects. This is oilfield country so as long as the oilfields are doing good there should be lots of work for him. I can't wait for his first paycheck bills are piling up and the car needs an alternater. It will definetly help with my stress level.

Well I'm getting hungry time for some cereal, check in with you lady's later
Old 04-21-2002, 10:46 AM   #13  
a work in progress...

Hey gang!

Good Morning to all...I love sitting here, sipping my coffee, catching up with you girls...AND meeting new girls, Welcome, grizzlychick! This is a great group for support, understanding, advice, humor (very important!) and love! It's so good to be able to share weight-related issues (among other things!) with people who actually know where you are coming from. Case in point, my sister and I diet and exercise together, but, she's no where near as fat as I am, ...I just dont feel the camraderie with her that I do with you guys...not to say that we are not close...we are very close, it's just she doesn't "get" the whole weight thing...she's got her own issues, anyway!

It looks like another rainy day for us...but SNOW? Good grief...I almost watched "Fargo" last night, and thought of you girls up there in the cold North...decided against GWTW--too big an investment of time, instead, I fell asleep watching "This is Spinal Tap"...my taste in movies certainly runs the gamut.

I planted my azalea bushes yesterday, transplanted some daisies and some lamb's ears and created a cute little corner garden by my picket fence...I also planted some Morning Glory seeds and some coreopsis seeds...I see my Cosmos are already sprouting, from seeds dropped last fall...once they're big enough, I'll transplant them all around the yard, I LOVE Cosmos...they look so delicate, but they're very hardy and wild.

2cute and Thin have a lot of reading to do when they get back... and speaking of 2cute, I was sitting at a traffic light the other day and the license plate of the car in front of me read "2CUTE!" I had to laugh.

Baylee...I wouldn't mind a ghost, if it was someone I knew...does the aftershave smell familiar? Maybe you can tell the ghost to scare the squirrles away...I hate those little buggers!

Malia...you are the spongebob queen! I still have my son's Halloween costume in the garage, it takes up so much space, but I can't bear to get rid of it, after all my hard work! (big box painted like you know who!)

Lucky...you are one hard workin' gal! All your good raking efforts are now covered with snow... ...is it unusual to get snow this late? Look at the bright side...instead of raking, you can shovel now! (it's all exercise, my dear!)

Michelle...you always seem to be having so much fun with your little guy...you must have a LOT of energy! (Like you have a choice?) I'm like you on the QUANTITY thing...how did the muffins turn out? Time for me to make a batch of All Bran muffins...

Susie...I'm just curious...did you stay the same during the last month or gain at all...I ask because I just seem to be "maintaining" at this point...which isn't bad if my efforts are less than stellar, beats gaining and having to lose the same weight over and over again...good for you, getting back on track...

Mary...mmmm...I love the Olive Garden! Sounds like you did very well, made some good choices! I'm curious(nosy?)...what's "Eastern Star?" You ARE one busy woman!

Theresa...Bowling sounds fun...I'm not much of a bowler though...If it wasn't for "gutter guards," I'd be scoreless...how are you feeling? Better I hope...take care.

I was just about to sign off when Duckie's post came through! Good to hear from you! Congrats on the 2# off! I LOVE those pleasant surprises! Don't worry about "keeping up" with the posts...just jump in whenever you can! We love to hear from you!

OK...is that everyone? I know Andria and Jen are out there somewhere...pop in when you can gals!

Have a nice day everyone! I'm back to work tonight... yuk...gotta hit that lottery!

be good!
Old 04-21-2002, 11:41 AM   #14  

Hi Everyone!!!

It's GR8 to see everyone's posts this morning!!

WELCOME Grizzlyschick!!!!! You'll find this to be a wonderful experience!!! I have only been here for about a week now, and I have found it to be such a comfort to know that the girls here really do care!!!! Find an exercise you are comfortable with....whether it be Sweatin to the Oldies...or riding an exercise bike, or just marching in place,,,,the important thing is to keep moving!!!! You can and will do it!!!

Baylee- I find your ghost story a comfort!!! I lost my brother to a horrible firey car accident about 4 years ago, and I remember the Christmas after his death, I was having a very hard time coping with losing him. He was an avid deer hunter....well, the morning of Christmas Eve I was sitting in my living room, and I saw something moving outside my window,,and I thought to myself that is an awfully big dog, but when I went to the window to investigate further....It was a big buck deer!!!! It didn't run when I opened the door, it just stood there......Keep in mind I live in town, and had never seen a deer that far in.....after several minutes it turned and walked down the road an disappeared inbetween two houses, and I never saw it again... I felt so much at peace after seeing that deer....In my eyes that was my brother letting me know he was at peace,,In some ways a Christmas After that I was able to enjoy Christmas with my husband and son......I sure hope that lightening did the trick on the soil!!! I don't really have a green thumb, so I need all the hlep I can get!!!! Don't think about the past.....think of today and all the tomorrows ahead of you....you will do it!!!!!

Malia- How is the Patick pillow fairing? Has the ornery dog tried to get at it anymore? It's great to know there are other adults out there that love Spongebob!!! Everymorning, I know it's time to walk out the door when I hear the Spongebob theme being sang!!! Only bad thing about it is I have a habit of singing it throughout the day!!!

Susie-Sounds as if you have the right idea to me!!! I think it does us all good to broaden our horizons from time to time!! It sounds as if you are much better at it than I am!! I am not big on trying new foods, and so I tend to just eat the same ole same every day. Keep up the good work with the exercise!!!

Michelle-I understand the quantity issue!!! All to well I'm afraid!! I'm always in search of good things I can have in big quantities!!! I'm not a good bowler either, but I love to do it anyway. My son is wanting me to bowl on a parent/child league starting in June. I'm nervous about doing it, more because of my size than because of my poor bowling, but I really think I'm going to do it!!! It will be a little bit of exercise, and time with my son at the same time. Wish me luck!!!

Lucky-I can't agree with you more!! Coming to this site does make a big difference in the way you feel! I'm proud of you for keeping up with it!!! And, like you, I can't thank the girls here enough for their encouragement, and support!!!

Duckie-Never feel like you are intruding!!!!! I know I felt that way when I first started, but I have found that the girls here are always ready to support us.....You are always welcome here!!!! Congratulations on the 2lbs gone!!! That is an accomplishment!!! I always say even 8 oz off is better than 8 oz gained!!!

Kat-I have a sister-in-law that I used to diet and exercise with, and even though it was nice to have the companionship, it doesn't compare to being able to come to this site and share anything and everything with you girls!!! It is so pleasant knowing that everyone here is going through the same main issue....fighting the weight loss battle!!!

I hope I've caught everyone....

I better get off here....I've been awake since 4:30 this morning, and my ears are killing me! I'm thinking it's time to have hubby take me to the ER and have them looked at.....again. I just finished a 10 day supply of antibiotics for the Left one about a week ago,,,now my right one is almost swollen shut....I'll check in on everyone later this evening!!! I want to wish you all a wonderful day....You are all in my book!!!

Theresa
Old 04-21-2002, 03:55 PM   #15  
a work in progress...

Wink Time for dessert...

No Crust Strawberry Pie
(allrecipes.com)

24 oz fresh strawberries--rinsed and hulled
1 (2.1 oz) pkg sugar free cook and serve vanilla pudding mix
1 (6 oz) pkg sugar free strawberry flavored gelatin
2 cups water

1. Distribute strawberries evenly in a 10" pie pan
2. In a medium saucepan, combine pudding mix, gelatin mix and water. Stir well and bring to a full boil.
3. Pour mixture over strawberries and refrigerate for 4-6 hours.
4. Top with light frozen whipped topping if desired.

8 servings
ONE POINT per serving! (without topping)

You COULD use a low fat graham cracker crust too...
I don't know though...I LIKE the idea of half the pie being only 4 points!
I have one in the frig right now...will report results later!

Closed Thread