View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 12:39 PM   #7
Irishowl
Searching for balance

S/C/G: 247/241.2/150

Height: 5'6 - Female

Thank you! I'd love it if you could point me in the direction of some websites, I haven't had too much luck. I have found that The Knot has a handful of same sex weddings featured. Where did you have your ceremony? I think we've decided on The Mendocino Hotel and Garden Suites, Mendocino is our special place and we'd love to share that with friends and family. They are right across the street from the ocean, so we can have our ceremony at the cliff's edge and then the reception at the hotel.
We are having a fairly traditional wedding I suppose. I will wear a wedding dress. I have no clue what Shelley will wear. She wants to pick her out outfit but does not want to wear a suit, dress or tux. I am going to guess that it will either be khakis with a white linen shirt untucked, or with a Hawaian print shirt. I'm going to carry a bouquet of circus roses and Shelley will wear a lei.
We have lots of time to plan though, thank goodness! In the summer we are going to spend a few days in Mendocino firming up plans with vendors and putting down deposits. Then we'll have another year to iron out all the details.

I have a question for you about ring exchange. We both wear sapphire and diamond rings, our engagment rings. Because of that I'm not sure we will do a ring exchange in our ceremony. Shelley does not plan to wear anything other than her current ring. I would like to have a diamond band made to fit with my current ring. Did you do a ring exchange? Do you wear engagment rings and wedding bands? Or something else? Thanks for your input! We don't know any other couples who have had a ceremony before, or even done a domestic partnership before. All of our lesbian friends are content in long term relationships with no legal commitments........

Shannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandalinn82 View Post
Shannon - We did that! Sarah and I had our ceremony April 21st of this year. If you need any info on same sex ceremonies, I am your woman (I have all the books and websites and...and... )