Old 11-05-2007, 12:41 AM   #1  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Default Weekly LC CHAT! 11/05 - 11/11

It's alllllmmmost late/early enuf for a new week of chat, eh?

Took my carbs past Induction level Sat. nite but have been under 20 today and feeling good. How'd everyone else do over the weekend? This is the 2nd weekend in a row that I've really stayed up on my water intake - I'm only down a pound but think that's from HallowBudLight Nite! Also have been trying to get my money's worth @ the Y . . . find if I think of it that way - I GO. () Waiting on the WHOOOSSHH this week.

Good thing Leo got the chicken after all with the power outtage beachie! Rotisserie chicken by candlelight, eh? I made it another lap tonight - still had to take a break at the 1/2 way point. Gonna keep at it. Confession: I only made it 7 minutes the first time I did the elliptical - stayed @ 15 minutes forEVAH . . . now do the full 30 "crosstraining" level - with a 5 minute cool down added. Hope swimming goes the same way - sure do enjoy it. There was an older gentleman in one of the lap lanes - he NEVER stopped the whole 45 minutes Tessie and I were playing in the water! Up & down - doing flips at each end of the pool! Awesome to watch. Looked effortless.

Urban Legend, bouncie???? We sure used it a few times - maybe it only works on rural skunks???? When I was little we used a metal tub - the last time I had to dunk-a-dog we used one of those big, thick plastic tubs w/handles and I never did get the smell out of the tub itself. That's why I'm not sure if it would work on whatever your tub/shower is made of - may have absorbed the oil(??)

What a work out you had in the yard! Wishing I would have got more done outside over the weekend but had a lot of paperwork/housecleaning etc - ashame 'cause was just sooo beautiful weatherwise . . . forecast is for winter weather some time this week - hope we get a cold snap to kill some of these dayung MUTANT insects that I cannot believe are still alive on November 5th!

Gotta go Post some exercise minutes in November's Log . . . cya tomorrow All!

Last edited by aud; 11-05-2007 at 12:44 AM.
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 06:50 AM   #2  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Red face

Good Morning everyone! I am down 4 LBS since last Monday! Thinking this low carb thing is working!!!!

I'm not doing the full fledged induction, yet, but I have cut my carbs down by half and sometimes more than that. I went from 300 - 400 carbs a day to 70 to 150, and OMG! I have never lost 4 LBS in 1 week!!!! What a trip! Imagine when I do get to the 20 carbs! I can't imagine the sickness y'all must feel doing it like that because I have been nauseous (sp) as **** every morning since I started this last Thurs, but it does pass after a while.

There is something to this low carb thing.....

Last edited by Diva; 11-05-2007 at 06:50 AM.
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 08:17 AM   #3  
beachbum

Hi everyone

New week let see what I can do to get this weight off. Still doing the new diet [5 factor]but now I'm finding more information from another message board on what to eat & not to eat. I'm too cheap to buy another diet book,and my library is being renovated so Its hard for me to get the right info.I have hope as I found out that is similar to the GI revolution diet.

AUD-Thanks for start us up on this full new week in Nov. Yikes!! I can't believe that turkey day is just 3 wks away. Your doing excellent in all [eating,water and exercise] that you'll see that whooosh very soon.

DIVA-BigCongrats on your 4 lb weight loss. WTG!! I think that cutting 1/2 your carbs is working,why go low to 20,I couldn't eat that low and I had to go to 30=45 right away. But don't listen to me I'm having problems get my tracker to move in this stalled position. Congrats again and keep low carbing. you're doing great.

Have to go,will be back later

Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 11-05-2007 at 08:18 AM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 10:37 AM   #4  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone, I had my first completely on-plan weekend in quite a while. My food, exercise and water intake was what it should be. I feel like I'm finally back in my zone. I started the C25K program last night. I'm hoping to lose a few lbs. before the holidays, but if not, surely I can maintain my current weight.

Diva, big congrat's on 4 lbs., that is awesome. I didn't weigh this morning, but I do feel like my tummy is a little thinner.

DH comes home from work tomorrow. I refuse to allow his presence to derail my wt. loss progress.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 11:03 AM   #5  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

YAY for DIVA! (Hey, that fluffy guy reminds me of missyfluffs - where ya at, Girlie?) 4 lbs is awesome!

Up early taking Tessie to a "pediatric" dentist - one who specializes in kids who have anxiety - been a real roller coaster in her 10 yr life . . . does great until they start x-rays etc - I think it basically is that she doesn't like things in her mouth/loss of control issue. She's also afraid she'll choke. This Doc specializes in this - which will be good not to have to keep gassing her . . . also takes more time.

Wish us luck?

Tx!
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 01:06 PM   #6  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

Red face

Good Luck aud!!!!

Are y'all remembering to log your exercise?
Old 11-05-2007, 02:13 PM   #7  
It's my perogative!

S/C/G: 249/247/180

Hey ladies! Congrats on the 4 pounds Diva. Well I started my 1st day of induction even though i am still sick. So I am eating lightly and resting. They sent me home from work this morning and I had a nice nap. The bug is going around so look out. It is not a pleasant one. So yeah I am tired of puting things off so I am just going to stick to plan and be good.
ilovemike4alwayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 02:16 PM   #8  
It's my perogative!

Oh I am still setting my goal of 20lbs by my birthday which is in december.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:01 PM   #9  

Hello, I've stayed off the scale since the disappointing WI on Friday. My weekend wasn't completely OP, but not too bad either. My 15 y.o. came home with a starter for Amish Friendship Bread! Kind of blast from the past for me. I remember having tons of those a few years back. She made it with a friend on Saturday and they ate a whole loaf, but I avoided it. I have more problems resisting drinks then food. That was my problem on Sunday after a long, boring, somewhat depressing weekend and the thought of going back to a job I would love to quit... Oh well.

Beachie, I'd put up with lots of power outages if I could live on Cape Cod!! I have such good memories there from when I was growing up. The Cape was one of our vacation spots, although we didn't get to spend too much time there. Even back then it was expensive! I remember it was completely different in the off season too. It must be great to live in place like that!

After my stall last week, I thought I need to concentrate on getting the fat into my diet. I tend to eat lots of chicken! and lots of grilled stuff, but it's hard to ignore all those years of dieting rules and actually look for fat. I bought ground chuck last weekend and made a bunch of hamburgers so my breakfasts this week will be higher fat. I should probably use oil and vinegar on my salads, but I really like blue cheese dressing. It's not exactly low fat either.

I'm keep trying. When I started this in September, I thought I would stay with it until my birthday which is right before Thanksgiving. I thought I'd take a little break from my birthday until christmas since I've never been very successful at dieting during the holidays. Now, I'm not sure. On the one hand, I could stay OP-it's not that hard, but I wonder if I went back to eating some carbs if it wouldn't "shake things up." I also thought that by this time I would be able to wear all my clothes again and that hasn't really happened. I'm getting better, but I still have those navy blue dress pants that feel like I'm being bisected! hmmm, I'll have to give this more thought...
lynnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 06:55 PM   #10  
It's my perogative!

Talking

Hey ladies. Ok so me and my husband went to a local pizza buffet and all I had was a salad. I wasn't even tempted by the pizza. My husband leaves tomorrow for 3 weeks. I want to lose as much weight as I can to wow him when he gets back. I have a considerable amount to lose so it will go pretty quick in the begining. Well that was my daily update. Made it thru day 1 of induction.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:04 AM   #11  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemike4alwayz View Post
Hey ladies. Ok so me and my husband went to a local pizza buffet and all I had was a salad. I wasn't even tempted by the pizza. My husband leaves tomorrow for 3 weeks. I want to lose as much weight as I can to wow him when he gets back. I have a considerable amount to lose so it will go pretty quick in the begining. Well that was my daily update. Made it thru day 1 of induction.

You go girl! I am sure you will WOW him! You are already very pretty as it is.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:18 AM   #12  
It's my perogative!

OMG thanks DIVA! I wish I felt that way about myself. Well so I jumped on the scale this morning and it has moved from 247.1 to 246.7 so its a small move but a move. Well I am running late as usual but I am feeling a little better today. So I am off to work. Day 2 of induction and I will stay OP all day.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:04 PM   #13  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Didn't go to the doctor but speak to our pharmacist instead,and he,directed me to a new product on the market call 4 ways nasal spray and it cleared my post nasal drip and walla the sore throat is gone. I'm feeling great today,except I a bit tired,that I blaming on the terrible weather we're having. Another storm is heading our way shortly as its getting very dark out there.

Lily-What the C25K program that your talking about. I never heard of that.Is it anew weight loss program??? I'm on a holiday [60 day]challenge on another web site. Its counting calories,and I chose a zig zig type,of counting but using a calorie range 1200-1500. having a different amount of calories per day.

AUD-Hope you DD had a good day at the dentist. I don't blame her I don't like to take x-rays either. The stupid cardboard makes me choke.

ilovemike-That achievable 20 lbs by Dec.,but just in case I sending good :vibes & your way.

LYNN-We LOVE the Cape and that the reason we moved up here when we retired. I'm originally from New York.Meet lots of seniors that come from different parts of the country. The locals call us WASH A SHORES. I know its very disappointing to do every thing right and the scale shows a small lose.You'll get down again,you due for swhooosh. I'm looking for one too.

Have a great day,will post later

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 01:25 PM   #14  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

Ilovemike, Your new avatar picture is great, Your lookin' good. I hope your feeling better soon too.

BB, I'm glad your throat is feeling better, pharmasists can be very helpful. How is your 5 week plan going?

Aud, A lb is a lb, Way to go! I'v heard of the tomatoe juice trick too but never tried it, hope I never have to.

Diva, Your doing Great keep it up !

LIly, Bouncie, lynnar, Fit, Everyone else, Have a great OP day!

My weekend wasn't as op as I would have liked, but not a total disaster, I think I need to start using fitday again everyday to keep me in line. I seem to be hovering around 193-194 and not realy losing anything.
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 01:51 PM   #15  

BB, I love 4 way nasal spray. I didn't realize it was new. I bought it to combat the dry nostrils from the heater and anti-histamines (chronic hay fever). Wash A Shores, huh? Around here they call the newcomers from New York (and Rhode Island) Yankees! Not always in a friendly tone, either.
I'm still holding on although it's hard to see the people who are new to the thread and the WOE, but have lost more than I have. I'm sure it's an age thing complicated by the hundreds of unsuccessful diets in my history. But I'll keep trying for a while.
I gotta offer an unsolicited opinion on the skunking too. Tomato juice helped our smelly lab, but it was the mix the vet recommended — the one with the peroxide that really worked. I have a couple of gallons of tomato juice put away for emergencies, but I'll be calling the vet back for her formula if happens again. Actually, it's just a matter of time. I pretty sure we have a skunk living close to our garage. We can smell it every now and then. The dogs don't have access to that part of the yard, but sooner or later, they'll run into each other. What do you do to encourage a skunk to relocate? I sure don't want to get close enough to it to ask it politely.

So last night I found myself fixing and eating dinner all alone, so I made one of my favorite. I stir fried boneless chicken breasts and then added sour cream and some Parm. cheese. It was almost an alfredo sauce. Just for the heck of it, I threw in some mushrooms. I sometimes eat this over broccoli (instead of noodles) but I didn't want the carbs last night. I ate more then half of what I made which was too much — my stomach kind of hurt so I know I over did it. I'll have the leftovers tonight! Yum!
lynnar is offline   Reply With Quote