Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2002, 05:13 PM   #1  
burned out bus driver

Default Stay at home mom's #41

Hi!

Welcome to a thread full of encouragement, support and humor as we share our lives, as we restore health, lose weight and raise a family! We welcome newcomers as well as all of our regulars!

Be sure and go back to SAHM'S 40 to catch up on what has been going on in our lives. (A lot has happened in the past several weeks, so don't forget to look at the old posts!) We are glad that you are here!
Ginny
Old 04-19-2002, 05:19 PM   #2  
burned out bus driver

A sick feeling just hit me, did someone already do this and start a new thread???????? Hmmmmmm.
Well, I just came on to see what was going on and was surprised to read all that I missed yesterday. I will have to come back on later and read carefully the repiles from the last thread.
We have been busy- softball, and helping out at school and just life in general.
Good news, I finished Dd's dress. (she loves it). I am so happy about that- as I do love to sew and craft. I'm one of those real homebody types (so this life of living in the van or a softball field really suits me, eh?)

I promise to get back on later and address each of you. But before I forget- Misti, you have such a kind and beautiful face. I hope that you can get a breather soon!!!!!!

Sheila- remember to get out for that cholesterol recheck!!!!!!!! You can reduce the cholesterol with just excercise and weight loss. Mine (had it checked 2 weeks ago) dropped 30 points- from an increase in excercise and losing 20#. (got it down to 179).
And eating oatmeal. I hope that your recheck is better too.

Gotta go make dinner (burritos for the gang, salad for me).
See ya later........I gotta scoot!
Ginny
Old 04-19-2002, 05:52 PM   #3  

Gonna put in a clickable link so I can go back and read the posts on the other thread and still be able to post and read at the same time

so...........-------->CLICK HERE<-------- and see the old post in another window to catch up if you are missing

Will post later I gotta get going Hope you didnt mind the clickable link it helps me
Sheila
Old 04-19-2002, 10:13 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

hello again ladies!! Boy I bet you are tired of hearing from me!!
I just wanted to post this last one for today to inform all that this was indeed another great OP day! AS for the option for dinner I went with spaghetti after all. I just wanted it so bad. But I only has one bowl and one small piece of garlic bread to go with it so I am quite proud of myself. And I enjoyed every bite! So day 4 was good now on to day 5.
Congrats on finishing the dress Ginny! I love to sew too. Not that I'm good at it but I enjoy it on occasion. Right now I'm borrowing my mom's machine. Someday I'd like to sew something wonderful. Like a suit for my DH or something of that nature. You have such a busy life. I do't know how you do it.
Well, the kids are down for the count tonight and DH just ran to the store for some groceries so it's me and my computer. I think I may go play a game or two. See ya'll tomorrow!!
Old 04-19-2002, 11:03 PM   #5  
burned out bus driver

Good evening!
First of all, Sheila, you are a genius! 1. Because you realized that you were dealing with a bear of little brain here who would never figure out how to do the clickable link by myself and 2. because you set up the clickable link! It is great........now I just have to read.......

Misti- congrats on being a loser!!!!!!!!!
Spryng- glad that you got your house in order!! (now, can someone get up here and get mine in order????)
Jackie- we loved Ice Age. Glad that you saw it too!
Jen- we will miss not hearing from you this weekend. Hope that the weather is good for the little league start!

Well, despite all my good intentions of a long post, I am tired.
We have a very full day tomorrow, so I had better go get some rest. Have a great weekend.
Ginny
Old 04-19-2002, 11:11 PM   #6  

Hi everyone, had a very busy day.. Tommorrow will be just as busy, a friend is stopping by for awhile. the ac is on, and my son is doing better with teething, after 6 months of no teething!!

Well Spryng, I am glad to hear that you are STill doing well, and I know you will continue..Misti congratulations on the loss! To everyone else, keep up the work, and it will pay off

I will weigh in tomorrow, and post the results, my pants feel looser, but I am still crossing my fingers. Havent messed up once this week!! I am so pleased, and not very hungry, but hungry enough to nourish myself properly!! well talk to you all later!!

Latisia
Old 04-19-2002, 11:53 PM   #7  
SAHM Cheerbabe

Day two down! I had no problem staying OP. Thanks for all the good cheer. I need it you gals are the best.

Ginny~ thanks for starting the new thread, and the compliments.
Sheila~ thanks for the clickable
Spryng~ Keep up the great work, I never get tired of seeing your posts.
T-Girl~ good to hear from you. Hope you are staying cool and the baby keeps getting better.
Jackie~ let us know how the movie goes.
Gemini~ hope the men and their ball games don't drive you buggy!

Sorry to be so short girls. I'm off to bed! Nighty Nite!
Old 04-20-2002, 07:42 AM   #8  
SAHM Cheerbabe

Good Morning!!!
122# this morning on the scale!

Spryng~ I forgot to answer your question last night. Ensure has 250 calories. I'm still taking my vitimins and calcium, with it though.

Well, I just wanted to share my loss!

Have a beautiful day!
Old 04-20-2002, 01:51 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good afternoon all! I guess I'm the ony non-busy one today. You girls seem to never post much on weekends because you are so busy. Well, my weekend isn't until sundau and monday so here I am .... all alone.... just kidding! No I mean I am here all alone but I don't worry when I don't see many posts on the weekend.
Well anyway, I hope everyone's day is going well. I know mine is. Staying OP so far! Day 5 already. Wow, almost a week down. I got on the scale this morning just to see if I'd lost anymore and I haven't. Staying the same. That's ok though. I don't mind a bit. I know I'm doing the right thing and it will come off soon.
It's another hot and humid day in oklahoma. I'm hoping to take the kids swiming tomorrow. It will be my ds first time to go. That's always exciting. My kids are water dogs!
Well, just wanted to check in. I'll be back on later. Bye!
Oh I have a question. How do you girls get those cute pictures under your names on the left?? You know where mine says mascot? I would like to put a image there too. Thanks. Bye!
Old 04-20-2002, 09:44 PM   #10  

Default weigh in,,,

Hey everyone things are going great,, I am busy today, but here is the result,, 3 pounds lost in the past week!! I am very pleased, I did not eat anything high in fat, or sugar, etc.. Well missed my workout, due to comany, but I am going to get at it now.. Talk to you all later!

Latisia
Old 04-21-2002, 09:49 AM   #11  
SAHM Cheerbabe

Hi everyone! Does anyone know if Ginny lives near where the earthquake was?

Ginny~ let us know. Are you okay?

T-Girl~ way to go with your 3# loss! That is so great. I'm really glad your diet is agreeing with you.

Spryng~ I'm always around on the weekends with the exception of church which I missed today. Everyday is Monday here. Since Dh works here on the farm where we also live.

Hope you all are having a great OP day!

edited to correct spelling

Last edited by Lilbitofsunshine; 04-21-2002 at 02:28 PM.
Old 04-21-2002, 02:22 PM   #12  

Lilbitofsunshine, thanks,, I am glad it is agreeing too. I am having a pretty good OP day, but it;s like my appetite vanished, Have to remind myself when I have to eat..hmm well, everyone must be busy, I wish you all well and stay OP, ok.. Take care..

Latisia
Old 04-22-2002, 12:25 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

No time to post, but was wondering the same about Ginny. I know she lives somewhere in Up State NY, where the quake was. Hopefully she just had a busy weekend & is ok. I'll try & post more tomorrow. (Still haven't finished Friday's post yet!) Busy weekend for me, but got a lot done. Until later, take care!!
Old 04-22-2002, 09:11 AM   #14  
burned out bus driver

I just came on for a quick hello. You ladies amaze me (honestly, I sit here with tears coming down my face). Thanks so much for caring- (Misti and Jackie) about my wellfare. (Jackie, you did the same to me around 9/11 when I was unable to post for a few days because of communications problems). Anyway, the epicenter of the quake was around 45 miles from my house. I was out for my walk/jog when it happened- but Dh was up reading the paper and noticed that the china closet tinkled from it.
Thankfully, we are just fine- and noone I know was impacted badly from it. (Hey, come to think of it......I could have caused the dumb quake with my fat tummy jogging up and down!) So, I am ok, although a little bit beat up from the weekend and badly needing some time off. But I do appreciate you concern- I needed that kindness this morning. Thanks!

Misti and Latisia- congrats on the weight losses!!!!!!!

Spryng- congrats on staying OP! You are doing great.

Someone asked about those little pictures that are below some names. They are called avatars- and you get them by going into your personal settings (?) screen and click on avatar. Usually there are 15 or so to choose from. And they change them from time to time.
Got another busy one.
See ya later!!!
Old 04-22-2002, 10:20 AM   #15  
SAHM Cheerbabe

I'm so glad you are okay Ginny. I kept checking for your post hoping you were just having a busy weekend. I really hope you get some "off" time. Good luck.

Sorry girls I don't have much to post about... I was just checking in to see that Ginny was okay.

Jackie~ hope things slow down for you too.

I'll try and post more tonight!
Closed Thread