South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 06:21 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thursday Nov. 1 Chick Chatter

HAPPY NOVEMBER!

How is everyone this morning? Did you all survive the candy monster? We didn't have as many trick or treaters as we normally get, and we have a huge basket of candy sitting here on the table in front of me. Jake was supposed to take it with him to work, he must have forgotten it. For some reason, it doesn't tempt me at all, thank goodness!

It's going to be a bit warmish today, and I have 3 dwarf Crepe Myrtles that I want to plant before I go in today. Dustin finally came yesterday and pulled out some overgrown shrubs and I want to plant these in their place. It just depends on how wet the garden is, I have to be at Cindy's by 10.

A new month always brings a new resolve, and with the holiday season fast approaching, I think it's time for me to hang onto the wagon tight. No more falling off! It's time!
Old 11-01-2007, 07:24 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

New month and a glorious sky at 6 when I was out doing garbage duty. I actually threw out the remains of the Halloween stuff and feel very saintly. It IS All Saint's Day.

Hershey and I had a good initial meeting with Serena the Brussels Griffon. She is so ugly she's cute and seemed to take to us both. She will be coming here for a visit in the next week or so and, if all goes well, become part of the pack at the end of the month after my trip West.

My book club meets tonight and I am only halfway through the book so the morning will be spent finishing it. It's Our Lady of the Lost and Found and the author is coming to the meeting. I guess I'd better know the plot at least! I feel like a kid cramming for an exam.

See you later. I'm hitting the book.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:46 AM   #3  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Good Morning!

Cottage, have fun with planting those crepe myrtles...I LOVE them..have them planted all around my patio and they are still blooming.

Ruth, I'm so happy you and Hershey have found a new friend and hope she becomes part of your wonderful doggie family!

Yep, it's All Saints day (We call it Feast of All Saints here, and it's a BIG DEAL to go to the cemeteries and visit, clean up and bring flowers) Since I have to work, won't be able to, but will go to the cemetery where my Dad is on Saturday when we go to Mississippi for a family wedding. I love Feast of All Saints day in N.O. The last time we went, there was a big party in front of Ernie K-Doe's tomb (The guy who sang "Mother-In-Law"). His wife had gumbo and wine and we had a blast...I know that sounds strange to people who aren't from here, but perfectly "normal" in our strange world.

I bought a splenda cookbook and tried a frozen custard recipe yesterday. My ice cream maker wasn't cold enough, so I put it in the freezer and it's a rock today. I tried a bite though and it was fantastic...mostly made of splenda, egg beaters, light cream (I used cool whip) 1% milk and vanilla...VERY rich tasting. We added some blueberries to it. Will post the recipe when I have time. Not for every day, but a good occasional treat.

Last edited by femmecreole; 11-01-2007 at 07:56 AM.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:55 AM   #4  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Morning, all. I'm recovering from my grumpiness at myself and feel much better tonight after staying on plan all day. I even got in a five mile run and a good stretch afterward. Here's to stringing a whole bunch of these good days together and seeing some results!

Do we have a holiday recipes section? We should make a post where we can share our favorite holiday recipes done Beachy.

Linda, I hope your planting goes well! We had a Crepe Myrtle in front of our house in Maryland and I loved it!

Ruth, I'm so excited to hear that the visit with the new dogaroo went well! Hope she enjoys her stay at your place. Have fun at your book club - a celebrity in your midst!

Cat, have a lovely Feast Day!

I'm going to have a little yogurt snack and then brush my teeth and relax a bit. It was a busy day!

Kara
Old 11-01-2007, 08:08 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Morning chicks,
Glad you are feeling better Kara!
Here is what you requested Weezle,
Ruth, I'm so glad you and Hershey are bonding with your future new babygirl.
femme. although I've never been to NO, I think I would fit right in. I love cemeteries.
Happy planting cottage!

I'm feeling virtuous for staying away from the candy last night. I'm not afraid of Thanksgiving, it the sweets that get me, so Halloween was the hurdle. I didn't see the whoosh I hoped for this AM, but I came within a lb of my October goal, so I will be happy and not whine. Do you think the fact that I totally blew off my October exercise goal had anything to do with it (tongue firmly in cheek)? November we will do better.

Last night I watched some show on TLC about 4 food addicts who were morbidly obese and they laid out a day's worth of food on a table for them to see how much they were eating - between 14,000 - 33,000 calories in a day! Anyway, the foods were all high in fat and salt, highly processed stuff, deep fried, etc. And the doctor pointed out that most of the food was beige. He said if it was a table full of fruits and vegetables it would have been beautiful bright colors that would have made an artist's canvas. I never thought of it this way but I am so visual and this really hit home to me. Looking at that unhealthy food really turned my stomach. I'm going to remember those words every time I want to eat something crappy and beige. I want to make a beautiful painting of my life and body. Just happy to find some inspiration and thought I'd share.

Have a good one chicks!

Last edited by Schmoodle; 11-01-2007 at 08:09 AM.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:19 AM   #6  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

A quickie for me this morning my to do list is a mile long as the party is fast approaching. I am trying to break in my new sexy shoes and good lord they hurt my feet. But I look good this morning walking around in my sweat suit and my spikey black heels. Have a good one chicks I will try to pop back in later when it is quiet time and I have more time.

Old 11-01-2007, 08:54 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Ah yes after grumbling yesterday about measuring things in months I hang my head in shame this morning and say "This month I will stay on plan!" We won't even discuss lastnight! It didn't involve candy but was rotten none the less! To all my fellow chicks out there struggling, we can and will do better this month!

Running a little short on time this morning but LC I giggle at your shoe story, I loooooooove shoes! I think my reward for staying OP this month will be a new pair of HOT shoes! Thanks for the inspiration!

Have a great day girls, and drink your water!
Old 11-01-2007, 08:55 AM   #8  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Good morning! Hope everyone had a safe trick or treat night.

Cottage we didin't have very many trick or treaters either and could have been due to the church carnival around the corner. Hang on real tight to that wagon this month and have a great day!

Ruth hope you are getting your book read and have a great meeting with your club

Femme have a great day!!

Kara good job on jumping right in and taking charge of the new month and what it has to offer

Schmoodle thank goodness for new days

LC looks as though you have seen my closet with the various shoes flashing. Hope the black heels work out for you

Have a great morning everyone!!
Old 11-01-2007, 10:28 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Here's some pictures of my trick or treaters from yesterday.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 00071.jpg (28.7 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg 00067.jpg (30.8 KB, 19 views)
Old 11-01-2007, 10:43 AM   #10  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

Schmoodle I just love the costumes - too cute

Pacer sorry I missed you this morning. Hope you have a great day!
Old 11-01-2007, 10:45 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Just a quick one today (and probably for the next two weeks). Starting inspections for our office today. The ones I was doing last week were for the state. I'm hoping that everything goes well and QUICKLY!
Old 11-01-2007, 12:42 PM   #12  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

Afternoon everyone! Did my lunchtime workout and now I feel awesome. Exercise is such a natural high.

Kim good luck with the inspections and be sure to check in with us when you do get the chance

Going to lurk a little - be back later
Old 11-01-2007, 02:31 PM   #13  

I got in to work late today and I wanted to talk to the guy from the pool company before they started digging. Good thing too as the city is making us change where the equipment will be and DH's answer was to put it on the patio. I think NOT! It can go on the side of the house by the air conditioner. I got some pictures as they started to dig and then headed to the office while DH keeps an eye on things.

We only got two groups of Trick-or-treaters last night so I'm glad I didn't buy anything. We still have some of those leftover Tootsie rolls but they don't tempt me. Brian and I went over to my den leader's house to hang out for a few house. She had over 400 kids but she does a blow up haunted house, cemetery, all sorts of decorations that light up and move. We stayed to help her take in some of the ones most likely to be stolen or damaged.

It looks like all the top exercisers have finished updating their postings in the October Exercise challenge. Can one of the moderators sticky the November Exercise and unsticky the October, please? I'm off to post the exercise queen post now.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:44 PM   #14  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Thanks Schmoodle! I needed that!

Been a long day today. Got a lot accomplished in the apartment though thankfully. Going to get my jammies on and have some tea. Hope you girls have a great night!
Old 11-01-2007, 08:50 PM   #15  
Visualizing the Goal

Schmoodle, those costumes were excellent!

Kara
Closed Thread