Old 10-31-2007, 04:04 PM   #1  

Height: 5'6''

Default Metabolic Research Center - Take 5!

Take 4 only took us a month a month to fill up! If you're new, check out the older pages as well...
Hvnlymzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 06:06 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 163/152/130

Height: 5'4"

This is the last day of Meta Quick for me, and I am SOOOO glad! It has been really hard the last day and a half, and I'm not convinced that I have "jump started" from my plateau like I was hoping.

I WI tomorrow, so I'll let you know. Good luck to everyone tonight and tomorrow to avoid the sweets!!

Just as a tip, I tried a little "recipe" this morning that was mighty tasty!. I used the chocolate shake meal replacement, added ice cubes to the water, added almond extract and coconut extract. It tasted like an Almond Joy and was much better than the plain shake.
Hflannigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 07:12 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 205/153/155

Height: 5'7"

That sounds really good, Hflannigan, especially as I am handing out Almond Joys tonight! I have not had any candy, but it sure smells good. But as Shineon says, I think, nothing tastes as good as thin feels...... That is so true!
graduatethin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 10:46 PM   #4  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

Wow, I don't check in for 24 hours and we're on take 5! I love it!!!

Oh my goodness, I hope you all know what a life saver you are. I'm super hungry today (humm, lack of water = super hungry, I'm hearing myself echo in my head ) I haven't dipped into the candy AT ALL - yeah! So I'm walking around chugging water and saying how bad I want chocolate (just after I finished off the last "piece" of my chocolate coconut "cake") and my DH said, why don't you go read your board! And what would you tell yourself - thus, why I am chugging water right now. Hope everyone survived all the treats and didn't give into to the tricks!!

I had wi today and stayed the same. I was just a tiny bit bummed since I had a small loss last wi. But then I remembered that I haven't plateaued in a while - my consultant looked at my chart and said the last stall was about 30 days ago - humm, can you say TOM!! He must be lurking around the corner!! Probably why I want chocolate so desperatley too. BUT, nothing taste as good as thin feels . . . . I know we all chant that one!! I am stronger than that and will not cave (ok, that's more of self talk )

Onto yummy food ideas. My consultant suggested adding rum and coconut extract to the pineapple supplement. I didn't have rum, but I did add the coconut and it tasted like a pina colada!!!! I know what I'm taking on my cruise. I can fill up my speciality carnival glass with ice and drink something tasty, fun & "legal"!!

Goal4Life - Ok, I'm going from memory on the Parmesan talipia recipe. I think it was from MaryV. Grade some fresh parmesan cheese and add sea salt and pepper to taste. "bread" the fish in the cheese mixture (you can dip it in an egg white first - I just found the fish had enough moisture to hold the cheese). Then cook over medium heat. Takes just a few minutes on each side. This is a good lunch meal since we are not suppose to have cheese in the evening. I plan my menu out a week in advance too. I took an extra step and added the page number to the weekly recipe sheet. I find it really hard to locate the recipes in this book - the lack of index drives me crazy!! I know, I'm a nerd!

Hvnlymzic - What a nice compliment. Kids are always so honest How did your famiy portrait session go? I would love to see the photo on your profile page - hint, hint!

Smgyorkie - Thank you for sharing regarding the plastic surgery. I figured I would go for the breast lift and tummy tuck. I told myself I would wait one year to give my body time to adjust to the new thinner me. But now I'll have to ask my Dr. if insurance would pay - thanks for that suggestion Meemo! I have the flap that I like to refer to as the Mrs. Doubtfire tummy Is that you on the motorcyle???!! We have a couple hot motorcyle mama's on this forum!! And, I've been meaning to ask - is the yorkie in your screen name referring to the dog? We had to make the difficult decision at the end of this summer to put our yorkie down. Simba (I know, he was 3 lbs!) blessed our lives for 16 1/2 years.

Graduatethin - I add vanilla extra to my french toast egg mixture. Then I spray a couple squirts of "I can't believe it's not butter" when it's hot off the grill. It is so good without any syrup. It's my Sunday morning treat (I can only have 3 yolks per wk). I did buy some maple extract, I thought I would add that too and see how it tastes. My favorite quick meal is made using the new pampered chef covered baker (stonewear) that I bought at a show last month. Thawed chicken breasts, cut up veggies or frozen veggies of choice, sea salt, pepper and whatever spices sound good at the time. 10 minutes in the microwave (it steams it - very moist) and you have a gourmet looking meal that the whole family can eat. It's becoming a favorite in our house.

namaste CONGRATULATIONS on a whoping 7 lb loss That is amazing!!! What a great start. And I love the classes. Ours fill up so fast that I haven't been to the psychological classes, but the food classes are awesome!! I agree with Donuts, we're paying for them, so we might as well take advantage. Lossing the weight is only half the battle. Keeping it off is the real challenge.

Ok everyone, I talked myself off of the ledge Thanks for being there for me I could feel your support in advance!!
ShineOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 11:43 PM   #5  

I only missed a few days of posting and we are already on TAKE V!!!! Wow! Hvnlymzic, thanks for starting it!

The reason I haven't posted is...I'm stuck! I've only lost 1/2 a week for the last two weeks...so I'm only averaging 2.5lbs a week now instead of the 3+ lbs per weeks. I needs some suggestions!!! My center suggested changing my breakfast menus....I've been trying some different options just to get away from scrambled eggs (trying to work on my HDL/LDL) but I guess I need to go back to eggs & toast...at least I was losing on a regular basis.

Another thing the counselor asked, "Is this present weight a weight that I was at for a long period in the past?" and the answer is YES! She thinks my body "likes" this weight and it is trying to "hang-on" for a while! Have you heard of this? What do I do to convince myself that I DO NOT WANT TO "HANG-ON" HERE FOR A WHILE?!!
jantdieting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 11:46 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 178.5/168/140

ShineOn- The parmesan-crusted fish wasn't my recipe but I did make it once, and after looking for the recipe, I can't find it now. What you wrote sounds pretty close... whoever posted that recipe, speak up if we need help, because it was quite tasty! Also for you, ShineOn, I took a bunch of pink lemonade HNS to Hawaii and it was soo good on ice - you might take some of that with you on your cruise. Where are you cruising? I've heard that some of the cruise lines actually offer Atkins-style meal options.

I had another great MRC day. I hope everyone else did, too!
Mary V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 11:53 PM   #7  

Jant- They said the same thing at my center when I was stuck at 154 (for over 3 weeks). Has something to do with the "set point" theory. 150-155was a "good weight" for me a long time ago, when I was young and athletic. Now I'm older (43) and not a daily jock so without the muscle mass, I should weigh less. My body is shaped differently now, too. They said to just keep doing what I'm doing, increase my water and add a little more exercise, and eventually my body will figure it out. I just broke that plateau so I hope my body has figured it out and keeps playing along until I reach my goal! I'm sure we can do it!
Old 10-31-2007, 11:55 PM   #8  

Jant- Oh, I forgot to mention breakfast ideas... there's no reason you can't have meat or fish at breakfast. I sometimes have leftover meat from the night before, or a can of tuna with melba snacks, just for variety. (I'm on the green menu.) Hope this helps!
Old 11-01-2007, 12:48 AM   #9  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jantdieting View Post
What do I do to convince myself that I DO NOT WANT TO "HANG-ON" HERE FOR A WHILE?!!
My first answer is exercise. Either do a little more or try something different.
If you lose better on eggs & toast & you like them, eat them! I still eat a boiled egg & piece of cheese toast most mornings (or 2 eggs & cinnamon toast) - I like them & it works for me.
If you're drinking any diet soda, try ditching it a few days & see what happens. And remember there's all kinds of things that can make you retain water - including stress! So don't stress too much - our bodies aren't machines & the weight won't always come off the way we want it to, even when we're doing everything "right".
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 08:05 AM   #10  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Well, I made it through halloween with no 'BLT's' (bites,licks,tastes)

I had my husband hide the kids trick or treat bags, so if they want something, they have to go to him, and I have NO idea where he has hidden them, he even makes me leave the room LOL, I love the support! It is what I need to eliminate any temptation of the junk!

I weigh in this evening, I will let ya'll know how it goes.

ShineOn... Thanks for the recipe, I think I will put it on my menu for next week, sounds pretty good.
Goal4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 09:23 AM   #11  

Height: 5'6''

Take 5 is already rolling on! We survived the tricks and I also had no treats!! We had a ton of candy left over and I brought it all with me to work this morning so I can use it for rewards for the kids (they get A piece of candy on Fridays only if their work gets done...I am a non-food rewarder every other day). I never eat the candy at work, just not a temptation, but its a big one for Hubby...so now, he can't get to it.

I had WI last night and the center was like a ghost town...no one there except me and two employees. I was there for 45 minutes talking to the manager of the center. She asked about lots of things including how I feel about my new body. I shared that I didn't really ever dislike my old body...I had an extremly high self-image. I knew I was unhealthy and didn't like that, but the shape and bumps didn't really bother me. I knew that my body didn't dictate who I was. She says that she thinks this is one reason that I am so successful. Because I don't have any picture of me as a adult where I am thinner, I don't really have any guide to hold myself to. Every day is it's own day. I'm aiming for a number, sure, but I have NO idea what that number looks like on me. So its really like saying...I'm going to drive 100 miles west...not really having a map, just driving.

Anyway, it was an interesting conversation. (or maybe only to me) I lost 3.5lbs taking me to 72lbs lost!! My name is on that 70lb board!! I'll get the 80lb board before Thanksgiving for sure and hopefully the 90lb board before Christmas. So there are my next goals...bring on the holidays...I'm ready to be another 20lbs lighter!
Hvnlymzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 09:53 AM   #12  
East Texas

S/C/G: 241.5/178/182

Height: 5'10"

Good morning, MRCers!! I hope that everyone made it through last night with no little nibbles, 'cause WE ROCK!!!

I first joined this wonderful community called MRC for several reasons, but accountability to myself, to my center, and to you were very strong motivations. So, now.....(they say confession is good for the soul).....gulp.....I cheated!! ...and not because I ate something off program, but because I decided that I wasn't losing fast enough and chose NOT to eat everything that I was supposed to. 4my2ltl1s posted that she didn't lose as much at her last WI because she wasn't eating breakfast before she went to WI and decided to eat before WI that last time, and that is my confession, also. I didn't eat breakfast (skipped it entirely) for the last three WIs, so it has thrown my fat-burning off. The scale and I have never really been friends, and isn't it sad that we think that in order to lose weight, that we SHOULDN'T eat!! I lost two pounds last week (and snuck in and changed my signature weight counting the two pounds down,) but I didn't feel like celebrating or letting you celebrate with me because I knew that I wasn't letting the program work like it was supposed to. So now....I've picked myself back up, brushed off the dust, and am kickin' it back into high gear again doing just what I'M supposed to do! (whew, I feel better now! )

aszimmer1 - WELCOME BACK! We haven't been formally introduced, so chopingirl's the name, and you can call me chops for short if you want! You were one of the main reasons that I decided to join MRC after reading all of your posts .... so I'm so glad that you're back and Aaron's homecoming was great!!

BTW, I have personally decided to add an inch to my overall inches lost, because I seem to have misplaced my other chin - and that wasn't in the measurements done at my center, darn it! I'm at the point in my weight loss that people that know me are looking at me trying to figure out what's different. Here's what I've been asked....."Did you get a hair cut?" "Did you get new glasses?" "Your face looks amazing tonight!! Are you using new makeup?" "Oh, did you get finally get rid of that big, fat, hairy wart on your nose?"

CONGRATS to all that are newbies, oldbies, and in-between-bies like me that are sticking to this program and getting healthier, fitter and leaner! This program works if you let it.....(preaching to self.) Have a great day!!

Last edited by chopingirl; 11-01-2007 at 09:55 AM.
chopingirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 10:39 AM   #13  
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 177/167/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineOn View Post
Wow, I don't check in for 24 hours and we're on take 5! I love it!!!

Smgyorkie - Thank you for sharing regarding the plastic surgery. I figured I would go for the breast lift and tummy tuck. I told myself I would wait one year to give my body time to adjust to the new thinner me. But now I'll have to ask my Dr. if insurance would pay - thanks for that suggestion Meemo! I have the flap that I like to refer to as the Mrs. Doubtfire tummy Is that you on the motorcyle???!! We have a couple hot motorcyle mama's on this forum!! And, I've been meaning to ask - is the yorkie in your screen name referring to the dog? We had to make the difficult decision at the end of this summer to put our yorkie down. Simba (I know, he was 3 lbs!) blessed our lives for 16 1/2 years.
ShineOn - Yep thats me on the motorcycle. That pic was taken at 50# down. Funny how things go - got a call from the Plastic Surgeons office that if I had surgery in November I would get a 10% discount. So I asked about just doing the Tummy tuck & the lipo & the cost is just over 10K and if I do it in Nov I get the "discount". I am really gonna do this! I am excited & scared at the same time.
We have two Yorkie - Toby & Sophie - they are both 10 years old, Toby is a frail little thing always cold, poor little fella. They are indeed my heart!
smgyorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 10:45 AM   #14  
amanda

S/C/G: 169/154/132

Height: 5ft 2in

Default been awhile

hi to everyone
havent posted since 10/12/07 finally was on a plateau for 2 weeks then all the sudden lost 3 pounds in one week and my center was shock in one week went from losinf 7 inches to 14 1/2 they even measured twice this was last friday then come monday have the flu or something sore throat cough body ache bought some sugar free cough drops and over the counter meds my stomach is so messed up though cause of the meds lots of nausea what do you guys use or suggest when your sick? weigh in today know am dreading hopefully get over this soon so can get back on the band wagon
lucky40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 10:59 AM   #15  
sunnyglow

S/C/G: 223/204/145

Height: 5' 3"

Yeah. I am so glad you started Take V and that I found it.

Sunny Glow

Did everyone get past Halloween?
sunnyglow is offline   Reply With Quote