South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 05:59 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Witchy Wednesday!

:

HAPPY HALLOWEEN! It promises to be a perfect day for the little ghosts and goblins to be out and about. The girls get to wear their costumes to dance class this afternoon, and afterwards I'm going to grab a couple of Happy Meals ( I know, but it's a special treat just for today) for them to eat in the car on the way over to Amber's to go trick or treating with her. Then we'll all come over to my house, where they can "do" the street until Cindy & Richard come to get them. They were so excited yesterday when I left, with them living out on the farm, they don't get the chance to go door to door, so I bring them over here every year.

This morning, first Curves, then getting some housework done before resting up for this evening.

What are your Halloween plans for tonight?

Last edited by beachgal; 10-31-2007 at 09:41 AM. Reason: just stealing the code for the Happy Halloween smilie...thanks, Cottage! (((hugs)))
Old 10-31-2007, 06:30 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning!

Y'all will be pleased to know I found my missing Halloween decorations and got them out there yesterday. The pumpkin lights even work after three years! The goodies are still in the trunk of the car - I confess I did eat one little red liquorice pack but just one! The wee ones will be here around six and the "rush" should be over by seven. After that it'll be just the big kids and I'll probably be out of goodies by then.

Donna comes this morning so I have the usual tidying to do after breakfast. Hersh and I do pet therapy at the clinic at noon and then go to see potential new dogs. Willy and Serena are 3 and 6 and are Brussels Griffons looking for a home. We'll see if they click with me and meet Hershey's approval. I am not getting the two of them and prefer the female at the moment.

That's about it for today. What does your Halloween look like?
Old 10-31-2007, 06:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 203/192/140

Height: 5'5

Hi there
I am new to this forum, so trying to catch up on whos who!!! As you can see I am from Ireland, and we dont celebrate Halloween with quite the flourish that you do in U.S. but it is getting more popular.
I have been on Beach for about 8 week now. down 10lbs, but have been hovering round that for bout 5 weeks, so today am cutting out my slice of rye bread, which means I will be down to just fruit and yog. But need a kick start so am going to see how that affects my weight.
Will check in again later.
Clarri
xxx
Old 10-31-2007, 07:02 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

Clarri, and congratulations on your loss so far. (By the way, my family came from Wexford back in 1831. Maybe we're related. )
Old 10-31-2007, 08:28 AM   #5  

Hi Ruthxxx
Unfortunately unlike you I am not origionally from Wexford!!! So you are probably more Irish than I am!!! I was born in London, but have been brought up in Wexford since I was 3, so really count myself as Irish!!
Have you ever been over??
Thanks for the lovely welcome by the way!!
Clarri
xxx
Old 10-31-2007, 08:57 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Boo! Supposed to be shaping up to be a nice day today! Nice for the kids in town as I remember growing up how much I hated having to bundle up and ruin the costume! Our small town had trick or treating last night also, but I did not turn my light on. I refuse to contribute to the obesity of our children by handing out candy two nights in a row (oh I know I am a party pooper!). Perhaps now that I think about it they are doing it because many people goto church on weds evening?

Cottage Have fun tonight. I grew up out in the sticks also, glad the kids have someplace to go that makes them happy.

Ruth Hope you have a good connection with one of the dogs today.

Clarri Welcome! Ireland, how amazing! I lead such a sheltered life, never been out of the states! I hope you find the answer to the weight coming off again. P2 is all about finding what works for you! If only our bodies all reacted the same this journey would be so much easier! You have come to the right place for support and getting your questions answered!

Me Not much new going on, another month down, on to a new one! I do wish in this wonderful mortgage business I am in we would not measure our sucess in months. As long as we are consitantley closing loans the boss should be happy, but he's not. Of course we do it here also in setting our goals, and we do need some kind of time frame to go by. I am rambling and this post makes me sound grumpy today! I need a vacation!

Have a great day all and I will check back later.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:01 AM   #7  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Happy Halloween!

Cottage: Hope your day is perfect and your workout is super
Ruth: Glad you found the decorations and hope your therapy with Hershey is well.
Clarri: Welcome to the site and the best of luck to you

Good morning to all the other chickies not yet up

Halloween for me - i will pass out candy at my moms house but other than that same ol same ol. Be back later...
Old 10-31-2007, 09:44 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Happy Halloweenie!
:frank :

Cottage: It sounds like you and the girls are in for a fun night! Hope they get a lot of candy!

Ruth: I can't say that I've ever heard of a Brussels Griffon. I'll have to google that later. Hope you have a great day!

Clarri: Welcome to the beach! I'm really looking forward to getting to know you!

Pacer: Our town had trick-or-treating on Saturday, but the traditionalists will be coming tonight. (I hope). I think it's strange to have Halloween festivities on nights that aren't Halloween, but I guess I can't have everything my way.

GonnaBe: Happy Halloween to you as well! Hope you have a great day!

Me: Just sitting here at my desk dressed up as a geisha! It's fun. One person has shown up in their costume and two others are expected. I'm considering going home at lunch to take the makeup off, but I'll wait and see what the customer response is before deciding.

Tonight is steak and Ghost Hunters night while passing out the candy to the kiddos. Promises to be a lot of fun! Hope everyone has a fun and not-too-spooky Halloween!

~Kim
Old 10-31-2007, 09:51 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/griffon.htm Here's a link to see a Brussells Griffon. They look dressed up for Halloween.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:51 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning chicks and Happy Halloween!

I will be trick or treating with the kiddies tonight, while DH hands out candy. It will be a little chilly, but not bad at all. I've got some last minute alterations to do on the costumes while the kids are at school. After school, we'll carve the pumpkins, have a quick dinner, and hit the road with my little ghouls. DS has a friend coming over to go with us.

Hi Clarri, welcome to the Beach! My Dad's side is irish, not near you but from County Antrim, but emigrated pre Rev War. Funny how much of the Irish you can still see in the family though; we have redheads pop up periodically, and pretty much all have the fair skin and high color. I have not visited Ireland, but that is definitely a trip I want to make someday. Anyway, sounds like you are doing great! Let us know if the Rye bread was the culprit. I recently had my first piece of Rye since starting SBD, and would love to make it a regular thing.

Have a ghoulishly good day!
Attached Images
File Type: gif Hallpumpkin_animated.gif (4.2 KB, 63 views)
Old 10-31-2007, 09:52 AM   #11  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Happy Halloween, everybody!

Cottage, Halloween is always much more fun with little ones about. Hope you and the girls have a great time!

Ruth, I hope things go well with Hersh and Serena. I know it's rawther sexist of me, but I prefer female pets, too. I hope that you have a fantastic time with the little ghosts and fairies tonight! Love that you have pumpkin lights!

Clarri! We were in your neck of the woods last year in November. You live in a lovely place! We absolutely adored Ireland...mostly the countryside and little towns rather than the bigger cities, though Dublin is lovely. I found that the brown bread there had no effect on my cravings--maybe you could try that instead of the rye, which does tend to have some white flour in it? Congrats on your current success!

Pacer, I hear you about the frustration of measuring by months. Feel free to be grumpy and vent here. That makes it much less likely that you'll stuff your feelings with food! I think it's so weird that places have Halloween Trick or Treating on a different night than Halloween! DH grew up with it, so he thinks celebrating on 10/31 is weird. Oh well...I'm glad you don't do it twice...not only would it be very tiring for you, but I agree with the fattening up of kids...maybe you could hand out cans of tuna or something on the first night?

Hope you have fun at your mom's tonight, Gonnabe!

Me:
Talk about venting...I have the most vitriolic (I didn't realize how perfect that word was until I met this guy...) man here in the writing center. He is so full of anger that it hurts just to be in the same room with him! He's constantly venting his anger at me while asking me to help him. I have to tell you, my patience is about shot! Now he's on his cell phone and is yelling into it!!!

In other news, I'm thrilled it's Halloween! I can't wait to get home and decorate...I'm praying the little ones don't come too early, as I can't get home until 4:15! We didn't carve our pumpkins this year...I always run out of time and forget. But I have tons of decorations for outside anyway. We're handing out mini cans of Play-doh, bouncy glow-in-the-dark balls, and mini microwave popcorn bags. I'm excited!

Hope everyone has a great day and night!

Last edited by beachgal; 10-31-2007 at 09:53 AM.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:55 AM   #12  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Wow, lots of simulpostings!

Kim, glad you agree with me on weird nights for Halloween celebrating!

Love your plans for the holiday, Schmoodle! Have a great time!
Old 10-31-2007, 10:07 AM   #13  

Talking

WOW
Thanks for such a warm welcome., from everyone. In relation to the brown soda bread, tried cause I love it, but sadly no, it was a staller, so Im thinking maybe wheat in general is just not for me. Am also going to start keeping a calorie check for a few days, to make sure that I am not eating too much even if it is beechy.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:14 AM   #14  

dont know what happened there, didnt finish what I was saying, anywyay looking forward to getting to know you all, and you all seem to have SBD sussed, I just cant believe how long it is taking me to suss it out. Had chickpea flour pancake with loads of veg and sprinkling of lf cheese for brek, left over beef and bean crockpot stew, and bowl of wholegrain basmati rice pudding. I will have a salmon steak with loads of veg for dinner, and maybe a yog of sf jello for snack. So how does all that sound to you girls? Not bad I reckon.
Your opinions are v valuable to me
Clarri
xxx
Old 10-31-2007, 10:15 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Ruth: Thanks for posting that website! I'll be checking it out in a second!

Schmoodle: What a fun evening you have planned! Hope the costume alterations go well!

Laurie: Hope the guy leaves soon and you get a break! Sounds like I have a friend here in the Halloween front! I think the big deal with having the festivities on Saturday here is for the kiddos in school. I understand, but I just hate it!
Closed Thread