Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2002, 08:56 AM   #1  
Michigan Old-Timer

Angry 300+ And Ready To Try Again...#157

WELCOME

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

WELCOME!!!!

Last edited by thinthinker; 04-25-2002 at 10:34 PM.
Old 04-18-2002, 09:18 AM   #2  
You and Me in 2003

Welcome Theresa. This is a wonderful group. Don't know if I could do without them.

Michelle I switch up everyfew days one day I eat a lot then another day i eat a little. It gives me variety.

Hope all of you have a great day
It is in the high 80's here now having to run the AC.
My roses are blooming

Catch all of you later haven't eaten yet.
Old 04-18-2002, 10:22 AM   #3  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

I haven't fallen off the planet!
Life is still super busy and I've been fighting off depression. Both make it so hard to get here. I'm working really hard to get things in shape in my life so the moments of depression don't leave me feeling debilitated. I'm also turning things down left and right to make some time for myself.
This group has become such an important part of my life, and I feel vaguely empty without all of you. Just wanted to let you know how thankful I am just knowing you are all here. Somehow it has created a bit of a lifeline for me, and I have found myself clinging to it more often than I'd like to admit.
I have about 15 minutes left to finish getting myself and youngest munchkin ready for the day. Just wanted to stop in and let you all know where I'm at.
BTW, I haven't given up the good fight. Managed to drop 6 pounds again. This at least puts me below the point I was at when starting here.

Before leaving, I had to share a terrific quote with you.

You must begin wherever you are.
Jack Boland

I've been spinning this one around in my head for two days now. What a total AHA! moment for me.

Andria
Old 04-18-2002, 12:40 PM   #4  
I'm on my way!

I'm baaaack!!

I was disappointed again this week. I only lost 1/2 lbs but I know I wasn't journaling and I wasn't drinking the water. Believe me...the water WORKS! So I am going to work on both this coming week and hopefully see an improvement. It is also TOm so hopefully the scale will improve next week.

Well I better get off here. I am watching a 2 year old boy today for a mom who called from my ad. Her sister in law bailed out on her for the next few days. He is a good kid and loves all the toys. I think he thinks he is in a toy store! LOL

Ok bye for now! Have a great day!

Michelle
Old 04-18-2002, 03:43 PM   #5  
a work in progress...

Quick visit, I'll be back later...I wanted to post earlier, but I actually fell asleep in my chair in front of the computer! Completely out! Head back, mouth open...sound asleep!

I'm off to do a few errands on my way to Curves...I'll be back...

Just wanted to welcome Theresa to our group...you're gonna love it here!

later...
Old 04-19-2002, 12:17 AM   #6  

Hi everyone,

Slow day today. It must be the weather. I ate well. Tried a new back/stomach/leg exercise. I sit up against a wall and slide down until my thighs are parallel to the floor, you have to move your feet out a little to get in the position of sitting in a chair. The ideal is to hold for 3 minutes. At first, I lasted 10 seconds. This morning 30seconds. Good grief, my legs were quivering.

Michelle, I lost 50 lbs in about 8 mos. It was amazing. I didn't slip up and had an even temper. No PMS whatsoever. My fall came when I kept getting sick every month and started to spot. I slacked on my exercise and the weight crept back plus more. I totally agree about the water. It makes the pounds drop. I love it. I'm doing well drinking water. Couldn't be happier with what the scale says. One pound is one pound.

Lucky, I'm back to square one in the rose department. Aphids or beetles ate all the leaves. I sprayed a safe soap insecticide. Hopefully they'll shoot and bloom for me in June. This winter, the rain made everything grow including the insects.

Andria, I hope you can post more. I miss your posts. I loved the quote. Every day is a new beginning.

Kat, I bought the spongebob and patrick pillows. Love em. Spongebob is for display. Patrick is my bed buddy.

tomorrow is t.g.i.f. Hooray for weekends.
Malia
Old 04-19-2002, 01:09 AM   #7  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi all! Just a quickie before I head out the door for our B&B. I know I won't get in here before I leave around noon so figured I'd say 'howdy' before I hit the hay.

Just two quick ones, I'm not really ignoring anyone else, but....

Andria: Good to see ya, girl. Hope things even out for you so you can get here more often. We miss you. [[[hugs]]]

Theresa/yellowpagemaker: Glad to see you made it to our humble little corner. Hope we didn't mess you up with the new thread. Since I don't see you here, I hope you're not lost!

Everyone else: Sorry, out of time. Gotta run. Chiropractor at 9:00 and then on the road with my sweetie!

See ya all when I get back on Sunday night late, or Monday morning. Make sure someone starts a new thread when it gets to 28 or 29. Later......
Old 04-19-2002, 04:00 AM   #8  
Dancing those pounds away

Arrow Hello and good bye.....

Good morning my fellow fat fighters. LOL
Here it is FUN FRIDAY !!! And I am off to have some fun this lovely day.

My trip to my parents was a pretty good one.
I saw my dad Wed night and he looked so frail. but.....
Thursday morning he looked much better.
It is soooo hard watching your parents age.
He is getting to go for a visit back home Saturday. He is so excited. BUT...I am just soooo worried that when they have to take hime back to the nursing home... he will get really depressed.
My mom is doing fair too. Even when they are doing good... they still are bad.

My sister has started her treatment for her cancer returning.
I seem to upset her every time I try to comfort her.
I need to go to some kind of class to learn how the help her.. or at least learn how to quit hurting her.

YELLOPAGEMAKER ... I am soooo happy you found us. Well.. I hope you find us again.
We start a new thread after every 28-30 posts. We just number them... 156,157,158 etc.
Where in Kansas do you live?? I have family in Kansas.
And as for having a 13 year old.... God help you.
When my first born turned 13 it was ****. LOL
We were both new at it... LOL
The day he turned 14 it was like someone flipped the switch and he was sweet again. LOL LOL
I often said it was going to end with me committing either suicide or homicide.
He is a wonderful young man now.

ANDRIA !!!!!!!!! I miss you soooooooooooooooooooo.
I sure wish you would come share here more often.
You know what they say....
Once you bond here... you can leave this group... BUT
this group will NEVER leave you.

We haunt you in your sleep, in your refrigerator, in your memories
WE LOVE YOU... we accept you...we ARE you.
Andria... "we put our hands in yours because we care."
Reach out and take hold. If you need or want someone to talk to... PM me your phone number and I will call you Monday when I get home...or your email address or just write me via PM

And I only have time to respond to one more. and that one is.....................................BAYLEE

Baylee... I have been where you are with relatives knowing even my pen name here. They really didn't have to know my name... my stories would expose me. LOL
I almost quit too. I really really struggled with it. I did NOT like it one bit. I thought of changing my name... I thought of quitting all together... I thought of just reading and not posting.... I did hide out for awhile... only posting trival stuff. Then I realized.... I am hurting no one but myself. I LOVE it here. I was miserable without all of you. I just got filled with anger and hate and resentment. Do you know what that does.... it makes you FATTER.
Soooooo... after sharing privately with a few special people here... I finally accepted the fact that there was nothing I could do to change it.... so just go with it. It took me awhile to get back to "normal".... but I made it.
I guess to make this longggg story short... don't worry about them and keep being yourself and sharing as normal.

Okay guys..I know I did not get to everyone.. but I HAVE to go... it is 3am here. And I am leaving tomorrow to go spend the weekend with my daughter.
It is up to you guys to keep this place going.... I hope to find lots of posts when I get home Sunday night.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 04-19-2002 at 04:11 AM.
Old 04-19-2002, 07:39 AM   #9  

Good Friday Morning Everyone

Baylee-Oh girl,,I understand the nosy relative situation!! I'm so glad you are here with us!! Look at it this way...as you say, let them get their jollies,,,and who knows? Just maybe they'll learn a few things if they hang around all the wonderful people here!!! You sound like you have a green thumb. Mine is slowly turning from brown to a very light shade of green, I have managed to keep a few house plants alive, so I'm going to try plant a few other things out in my yard this weekend if it doesn't rain.

2Cute- My heart and prayers are with you!! I've been through losing both of my parents, and I do know how hard it is to see them age! I'm sure you're sister feels very loved by you!! Even though at times it may seem you are upsetting her, it sounds to me that your words of comfort are very touching to her. Sometimes we may thing we are upsetting someone, when in reality, it's really ourselves that we upset. I hope that makes some sort of sense. I live in a small Souteast Kansas town, Pittsburg. Where abouts in KS does your family live? I had to laugh...I often tell my son..."I brought you into this world, and I can take you out" For the most part he is a good kid, but oohhhh my....there are days!!!

Malia-I love Spongebob!! I have small nieces and nephews that thing Aunt Theresa is crazy because she can sing the entire Spongebob song. Just reading about that exercise makes my legs quiver! Keep up the good work!!!

Well it's about time for me to think about getting ready for work. YUK! I'm so glad it's Friday!! I am going to have to be strong today at work!! We're having a fund raiser for the yearly Relay For Life. It's a 24 hour walk for Cancer Victims and Survivors. Our fund raiser is a BBQ luncheon. Not to worried about the BBQ, it's the desert that has my mouth watering already.... I'm going to walk away from it!!! Wish me luck girls!!! I did GR8 yesterday with my water....and it's amazing how just 2 days of getting back on track already has me feeling better!

Have a GR8 day everyone, and I will check in later!!

Theresa
Old 04-19-2002, 08:07 AM   #10  

Andria 6 pounds....way to go. I am proud of you!!!!!

Well, it didn't snow here but now they say it will Sat night. Malia, I will NEVER get to plant....

STOP If anyone needs lady bugs give me a call. I have TWO vacumn bags full of them at this very moment. Well, I guess these are technically Japanese Beetles but they eat aphids too. The farm land across the road was planted with soybeans last year and when they were harvested the little bugs moved to my house. I vacumn them everyday. So, Baylee, any advise for me??????? These bugs have been a big problem all over the area this year.

I went to the "Bonny" site and found some recipes to try. I have to get better at having food ready and available to eat "on a moments notice"

Since totally changing my life two years ago, cooking seems to be a thorn in my side. I can buy and cook but I (because it's just me) feel bad if the foods ends up being thrown out. Not to mention I feel I have wasted money. I suppose it's yet another "planning" situation.

I WILL improve!!!!! And so I don't forget - thanks to all of you for helping me.

Okay....2Cute challanged us to have this thread filled up when she returns Sunday night - are you all ready to help me file this thread and surprise her by having filled up #158????????

I order to get on track I will post here often this weekend. Probably more often than you will want to read...

You will hear about my every move!!!!!
Old 04-19-2002, 08:11 AM   #11  

Malia - forgot - if you can post some pictures of your roses - or any of your flowers for that matter.
Old 04-19-2002, 08:26 AM   #12  
I'm on my way!

Lucky I will help you fill up this thread this weekend. John is working this weekend so I will be here often to keep out of the kitchen! I have resovled to keep my points low this week since my loss has been way to slow for me for the past couple of weeks.

Well, I started out with a WW 2 pt bar this morning with 2 glasses of water. Then I graduated to an egg cooked in mazola cooking spray on two pieces of lite rye bread toasted and sprayed with Parkay butter spray for an additional 3 points. I also got in just about another 2 glasses of water already. Andrew and I are headed out to the store to pick up a few things before our little friend comes back at 11:30 today. His mom has to go into work an hour early today. I have to keep busy with the kids so I won't think about FOOD. I have to eat low points each time I put something in my mouth because when I am home I am a grazer!

Theresa my son is 19 months old. I started late! I was 40 when I had him. He is my little angel! Well....sometimes he turns into the Devil child but its rare!! LOL

2Cute you are always on the run run run...have a great time with your daughter...we will be here when you get back...

Baylee don't worry about the nosy relatives...give them something to talk about..talk is cheap! You just stay put right here with us and to heck with them. If they have nothing better to do then more power to them! At least YOU have a life and YOU are taking care of YOU!

Malia I am working on the water thing already today! I just need to get my journal out now! Thats great losing the 50 lbs...I can't wait till I can get back to where I was before getting pregnant. THe rest will be virgin fat!

Thin....you too...you are always on the run! Have fun this weekend!

Kat I was laughing picturing you falling asleep at your computer then last night I was talking to my mom on line and I was getting so tired I almost fell asleep sitting here!

Well ladies, I best be getting my rear in gear and get to the store! Tomorrow Andrew and I are going to the Baby and Toddler show at the Expo Center so I want to get done as much as I can today shopping, cleaning and laundry!

Have a GREAT day and I will be back! Michelle
Old 04-19-2002, 09:14 AM   #13  
You and Me in 2003

hello all

I'll try to get by more today so we can fill this thread up.

Baylee: My energy level is not that high I just push myself

Food has been fairly good I am getting my water in it's getting hot here so I drink a lot.

Well today is shopping day for food so I better run be back later
Old 04-19-2002, 05:44 PM   #14  
a work in progress...

Just want to get my 2 cents in here...I'm about to start sorting winter and summer clothes...this year I will be smart and toss OUT the ugly things instead of packing them up again...same for the jam packed closet that is holding God knows what, because I never have anything to wear!

Do me a favor, gang, and pray for rain....No, not to relieve any drought...so that my son's baseball game will be cancelled tonight! All right, all right... AND so I don't have to water the lawn!!

Malia, I saw SpongeBob pillows in Bed Bath and Beyond at Christmastime...I should have gotten them then, I haven't seen them since!

Theresa, another SpongeBob fan? Yes!! My son and I speak "SpongeBob-isms" to each other constantly. My son has a friend that reminds me of Patrick...not the sharpest tool in the shed, if you know what I mean! He came to call yesterday and all I had to say to my son was "Hi SpongeBob," in my best Patrick voice and he knew who was at the door! (I never said I was nice!)

I have to get back to work, how can I crack the whip on these kids to do chores when I'm tapping away at the keyboard?

I'll be back...
Old 04-19-2002, 05:56 PM   #15  

I just got home and came here to post before heading outside to do some raking.

Some of my posts may be short but there will be a lot. We have to give 2Cute something to do when she gets home.

I bought some stuff for cooking and will do that in the morning. Hopefully that will help me in the eating department next week.

My darn cat is in trouble....later.
Closed Thread