Old 10-29-2007, 04:27 AM   #1  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Default Oct 28-Nov 4 Friends and Losers Thread

Happy Monday! (I messed up the date when naming the thread and can't fix it; it should say Oct 29-Nov 4. oops).

"I think that if I keep working at this and want it badly enough I can have it." - Lee Iacocca

Nicole/Felicia - I was reading the threads from this weekend and must say your local tooth fairy is quite generous!! I'm curious what Felicia's rhyming note from the tooth fairy says. Here's my rhyming note for this week:

Trick or Treat
Now don't you cheat!!

Last edited by Joni135; 10-29-2007 at 04:30 AM.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 06:19 AM   #2  
Donna

S/C/G: 184 / 182 / 140

Height: 5'2"

Hi, my name is Donna and I’ve been reading the threads for a week or so and you guys all seem awesome and very motivational. I started LAWL a few months ago but a few life things came up so I’ve just started back and ready for the journey. Joni, looks like you’re an early bird as well. Hope ya’ll have a great day.
TimeForThinnerMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 09:27 AM   #3  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Welcome Donna - yep - couldn't sleep this morning for some unknown reason! We're neighbors...I'm in Woodstock, GA! Welcome to our group!
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 09:43 AM   #4  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning Everyone. Quiet morning here. But that's a good thing since I'm sitting at work. We all like those quiet times before all heck breaks loose don't we. Had a good weekend. Finally bought my halloween candy for all the little goblins Wednesday. Now if I can just stay out of it I'll be doing fine. My plan for the week is to stay OP every day. So far so good but then it's still early. I go WI over my lunch hour and am hoping for some kind of movement on the scale and not in the upwards direction either!! Guess I'll get off here and look at the top of my desk. Hope everyone has a great POP day.
chiquita623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 09:56 AM   #5  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Nicole, I'm a bit short on cash and the girls both need new winter boots so I'm going to yank a few molars and pop them in the mail to you.. you can send me cash or cheque!

Welcome Donna!
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 09:57 AM   #6  
SkinnyMini-to-Be :)

S/C/G: 200/check the ticker/130

Good Morning All! Just a quick check in to see what's going on here since yesterday..

I wasn't quite OP this weekend.. not eating bad foods, just not getting everything in. I'm really having a hard time with that. Any ideas?

See ya'll later this afternoon!
EmilyLashea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 10:07 AM   #7  
Laurie

When my kids lost teeth the tooth fairy left them either a quarter or fifty cents. Now when my grandkids lose teeth the tooth fairy leaves them a "golden dollar" as they call it. When they put it in their bank, because it it special and you can't spend it, their parents replace it with a regular dollar and then they recycle the "golden dollars". I would have never come up with something that complicated myself!!

Last edited by chiquita623; 10-29-2007 at 10:08 AM.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:11 AM   #8  
LAWL Salt Police

Morning gang...

Well, after all was said and done, the scale was NOT a friend to me this morning, and I find myself up a few.. Still well within my goal, but high enough to be very frustrated with my own efforts to maintain...

So this week, come **** or high water, I'm gonna stick to the basics... Candy holds no major charms on me, so I'm not worried about Halloween.. I just need to do better in my choices...

Of course, part of the problem is my continued regularity issues... THAT is old, I can tell you...

Welcome Donna!

Be one with your POP!!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 10:45 AM   #9  
ENOGO

S/C/G: 180/176.2/135

Height: 5'5'

Good morning to all....I look on the site often but thought I would join your conversation in hopes of staying OP! I am struggling to stay OP lately.....I lost 10 and felt so good and now I find myself making choices that make me feel so bad about myself. I think I have gained back 5 pds.

I have 3 kids and work full time so my life is just a little hectic. My baby is 9 months and I am running out of time to use her as an excuse for my weight. I wonder how long I can blame my extra 40 pounds on "baby" weight.

I saw my neighbor last night who has a 10 week old and she had on her PP jeans....that made me so depressed so here I am this morning determined to stay OP this week!!

Emily
enogo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 10:51 AM   #10  
Laurie

Welcome Emily. All you can do is make the best choices you can every day. Give it time and you will get to where you want to be. If you make a bad choice, just shake it off and do better the next time. Get on here whenever you need moral support or just a good swift kick in the behind. We can do this!!!!
Old 10-29-2007, 11:39 AM   #11  
Donna

S/C/G: 184 / 182 / 140

Guys, thanks a bunch for the welcome; your support is appreciated and I look forward to being part of the group and getting to know ya'll.

Joni, we are neighbors for sure...Woodstock and P'Tree Corners.
TimeForThinnerMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 11:48 AM   #12  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrispieD View Post
Nicole, I'm a bit short on cash and the girls both need new winter boots so I'm going to yank a few molars and pop them in the mail to you.. you can send me cash or cheque!
Cha-ching!!! Cash only here baby!!!

I only have a second cuz boys are CRAZY today....but I wanted to pop in and let you all know that I made my weekend goal. Whoohoooo!!! I lost a whopping 0.2 lbs since friday.....but that is all I asked for I am happy........especially since I had a couple extra starches last night (oops). Even though I wish I hadn't had the extra starches, I am still proud of myself cuz usually if I go over, I REALLY go over and eat a whole bag of reeses peanut butter cups or something like that. Anywhooo, I survived my weekend I have still not recovered from my Germany binge........but I am getting there

I hope you all have a great day.......welcome Emily#2 (we have another emily ).
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 11:49 AM   #13  
Post-Master

Oh, I am sorry......welcome to Donna also
Old 10-29-2007, 11:52 AM   #14  
Felicia

S/C/G: 323/TBA/145

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni135 View Post
I'm curious what Felicia's rhyming note from the tooth fairy says.
Well, Joni, it's different for each one, but this one said:

"Isn't this special? Isn't it great?
You've already lost tooth number eight!
I crept in by the light of the moon
And tiptoed down the hall to your room.
I stood for a moment, not making a peep.
I love to watch you when you're fast asleep!
I left you a treat and then hurried on my way.
When you lose another tooth, I'll be back again one day!"
bayoubelle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 12:03 PM   #15  
Post-Master

awwwwww, is that copyrighted? Can I use it? Sooo cute!!!