Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 08:18 PM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Smile Weight Loss and Chitchat #273

Hello and to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:18 PM   #2  

Just another fly by....getting ready to make dinner w/hubby....actually we're still trying to figure out what to have.

Hope you're all having a great weekend.

Hugs
Old 10-27-2007, 09:06 PM   #3  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Hello Marti,,,,
I hope all is well in your home,,,work, life.

Jane thank you for the call,,,I am so glad you caught me at home. Life has a way of being insane. I swear this year was going to be fore me. No theatre,,,just me and the weightloss. I have not been able to stop and think of what I can do most days...just going from one thing to another. Not sure what I would of done if I had had more children.

I am hoping to make a point of stopping in regularly to say hi and send out support to others.

ttfn
Ang
Old 10-28-2007, 07:17 AM   #4  
ugggg.....

Hi Ang!!! So great to see you back!! I am going to be a grandma!! I am so excited!!

Marti--Hope you are enjoying your weekend with hubby. I be the fall colors at some of the places you have hiked are beautiful!!

Well I am going back to bed...don't know why I am up so early when I don't have work. I am going to try to go back to bed--I really feel yucky...scratchy throat, watery eyes, runny nose....
Old 10-28-2007, 08:56 AM   #5  
Rapid Cart-wheels

S/C/G: 213/200/180

Height: 5'8

Have a good day everyone.

Talk later.
Old 10-28-2007, 01:54 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Hi Ladies.

Angelia: I'm kind of new here, so I'll just say hello to you and hope things will get better for you. I just spent a week taking care of DH precious grandchildren. God had wisdom when He let us have children when we were young.

Jules Hope you get to feeling better.

Today was my official weigh in day as I like to start everything on Sunday. Just the few days of using the WW Flex Points with SBD must be working. I am down to 213.5 which is actually a 4# loss this week plus the loss of the 1# I had gained when in FL for 2 weeks. Yeah!!!

Everybody... Have great day!!!

Trish

Last edited by pattygirl63; 10-28-2007 at 01:55 PM.
Old 10-28-2007, 04:25 PM   #7  
GmaTo8

Happy Sunday, ladies,

Marti - yowza, 2 hours in the gym would kill me, lol. Hope you had a good dinner with your sweetie.

Angie - so glad to see you! It's been too long, friend. Maybe next year can be the "Year of Angie".

Trish - thank you so much for the kind words! They meant a lot. I like doing WW Flex, too. A big WOOHOO for losing the 5 pounds!

Cristina - I'm thinking of you and your family today!

Sassy - hope your back is better.

Jules - hey, where's the picture of the dresser? It sounds so cool, I can't wait to see it!

Kelton - I hope you're having a good day, too.

Sue - how are you and your mom?

Lazy day here. We went to church, then to see my XMIL in the hospital. She fell and broke her pelvis, and will be transferred to a nursing home tomorrow for rehab. Even though she's my ex's mom, I just love her to pieces. I just had her and XFIL over last Sunday for dinner, if you remember.

Have a good one!
Old 10-28-2007, 05:35 PM   #8  
Rapid Cart-wheels

Sorry about the indies

Jane, I just have to say it again... I love your picture & so glad you are sharing it with us.

I wish everybody would do that so we could see eachother.
(Oh yeah just listen to me... i'm afraid to show mine). Thats why I deleted it from photo thread.

Anyway, everybody enjoy their Sunday... and post more when you have time.
Old 10-28-2007, 06:00 PM   #9  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

Happy Sunday Ladies!!

Cristina--By now you have already hugged that son of yours. I'm so happy for you and your family that he is home for the next month. Will you have an early Thanksgiving? I can't wait to see some pics and hear all your wonderful news.

Jane--Your pic is as lovely as you sound in your post. Somehow, you look exactly as I pictured. You must be tickled pink on how well you are doing on WW. I need your motivation!

Hugs to Marti, Sue, PJ, Sassy, Jules, Kelton, Trish....have I met you Angie?, if not, well, a big hello there!!

I am so totally down with myself gaining a few pounds while on steroids. I just can't seem to get re-motivated again. I was really considering dropping WW till the new year but you know what that will mean....10 more lbs to lose by then. So...I'm kicking myself in the butt and getting back OP tomorrow. The weight gain from the steroids, while not much, is so different from your usual weight gain. My face is puffy, I feel bloated and just overall FAT!! Add to that my TOM. Ok, my pity party is over!

On to a brighter note....I'm going to see Paula Deen this coming Saturday. She will be at a cooking expo in Wash DC and a bunch of us gals from work have tickets to her private cooking show. Her sons are supposed to be with her. I can't wait. Will take pics if I can get close.

Yesterday I spend the day diamond shopping...yes, I said Diamond! My center pear shaped diamond on my wedding set has a chip on the corner (don't have a clue how I did it). Since it was insured, the jewerly store where we first bought it said that I could upgrade it and only have to pay the discounted price that they give the insurance co. I could have the same diamond replaced for free or for a few $$$ more I can upgrade it and the insurance co would have to pay all the labor cost. I told dh that he could consider it my b-day present for the big 5-0.

Got stuffed pork chops in the oven for dinner with baked sweet potatoes. Now, I did say that I was getting back OP tomorrow I feel like this is the Last Supper!

See ya'll!
Old 10-28-2007, 06:43 PM   #10  
GmaTo8

I'm back....

Kelton - aww, thanks, but the pic is actually better than I look in person. We'd all love it if you'd use a picture of yourself for your avatar. Did you notice I put my DGD Makenzie's basketball photo in the photo thread? I just can't help being proud of my grandkids. I also tried to put one of my impatiens in front of my porch, but for some reason, it wouldn't load!

Tammy - oooohhhh, I'd like to be shopping for diamonds, too! Who wouldn't? Sometimes I think psyching up to lose weight is just like for a smoker, or an alcoholic, the time has to be right. Another way to look at it, though, is "Fake it 'til you make it". But I agree about not waiting until the holidays are over. Enjoy your Last Supper, lol. Sounds delish! YAY - Bros. and Sis is on tonight!

The kids and grandkids have been over today, and they are sure energetic, lol. Neal moved the basketball goal down to 8', which is the height the school uses for the Kindergarteners and 1st graders. Anyway, they've all been outside playing. I love having the family here. It's all good.

BBL,
Old 10-28-2007, 07:07 PM   #11  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Wink Quick Hello & Halloween Project Friendly Reminder

Hi All.

WB Ang!

Back is feeling a tad bit better, thanks. Also wanted to send out a "Friendly Reminder" about the Jaded Ladies Halloween Project, LAST CHANCE if you want to be included. So far I have Christina (TY for the pics!), Marti, and I believe Jane wanted to all be included on the email? If there is anybody else, pls PM me your email addy by no later than tomorrow. TY!

Big
Old 10-28-2007, 07:46 PM   #12  

Hi ladies...

Been busy around the yard. I have leaves that needed raking and I figured I might as well mow the lawn while the sun is out! I decided to neglect the front yard since there are no leaves and it's looking ok. Back yard needed all the attention.

Angie--Oh I'm so happy to see you! Missed you!! I hope we do see more of you. A lot of catch up to do!

Jules--The leaves around here are just gorgeous. I'm wanting to do one last hike w/my hubby before the weather turns wet. But our vacation isn't until November and who knows what the weather will be like by then!

Kelton--Oh you shouldn't be shy at all about your photo. You're gorgeous! I have a photo of me in my profile. Kind of a dorky photo but I was playing around w/the camera and thought I'd use it.

Trish--Congrats on losing 4lbs! That's great! I guess combining the two really is working! Keep up the great work.

Jane--The photo of Makenzie is so cute! She's so tiny w/that big ol' basketball in her hand!!

Tammy--Diamond hunting eh? How nice is that? And going to see Paula Dean? Oh my gosh I'm jealous! I would love to go see her and her boys! You'll have to share photos if you get any!! (try hard ok!)

Sassy--You've got me curious as all heck as to what you're up to! Glad to hear your back is feeling better.

Hello to all the other gals out there!

Ok...I've got a tub that needs cleaning. Been putting that off too long. Now it's time to tackle it. My house will smell and look clean by the time the nights over!

Have a good one ladies.

Last edited by Marti; 10-28-2007 at 07:47 PM.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:22 AM   #13  
GmaTo8

Hello ladies,

Sassy - I'm very curious to see what you're up to with the photos, and will be glad to see it this week.

Marti - I wish I could say my house is clean, and smells clean, but alas, I cannot. I've been on the computer so much, everything else is pushed aside. Literally, lol. Love your little bats - how cute! Yeah, Makenzie is a tiny one, for sure. She actually did make a basket yesterday while practicing. Hey, I love the photo of you in your profile. You should use it for your avatar!

Hello to everyone else.

I really, really need to get some cleaning done today. I think I'll put the Rolling Stones in the CD player, and have at it! A little Jumpin' Jack Flash ought to get me moving, right? Since Neal's asleep still, I'll fire up the iPod.

What's on your agenda today?

BBL,
Old 10-29-2007, 11:37 AM   #14  

Good Morning Ladies--

Only a few more days and it's November! Can you believe it? I kept telling my hubby that I need to start my Christmas shopping for Jhanai.....but I never did. My list is still unchecked and in my head! Never fails, I'll be the last minute shopper as usual.

I got in one walk this weekend. And eating was horrible! I hang my head in shame. I spent most of my morning working in the yard yesterday then scrubbing the tub last night. To me, that was enough exercise. Friday night hubby to me out to dinner after work. Went to the Road House Grill. Tasty food. I tried to do my best but was tempted w/all the smells. The rest of the weekend was just not good. I didn't eat all meals and just ate here and there. Not good. I need to keep a routine and my energy levels up. Skipping meals is not the way to do it.

Jane--There is this song from Mika that I listen to while working out "Big girls are beautiful" it has a great beat to it and it keeps me walking. My hubby kept asking me what I was mumbling (I had my headphones on) So I proceeded to belt it out. I'm for any music that makes you move!

Good morning to the rest of you ladies!!

Need to start getting ready for work. You all have a great Monday!!
Old 10-29-2007, 01:00 PM   #15  
Rapid Cart-wheels

Good Afternoon everybody.

I hope this day has been even better than your weekend.

sz2heart: I LOVE Paula Deen. Get all the pix you can. I now have to be envious of you forever

Jane: Makensie is a real dollbaby ! How precious !

Sassy: I'm trying my best to figure out how to get my pix to you ...
I sent my email too.
If they don't get there ontime, never mind. I'll have to learn it before Christmas time .

Marti: Your pic is beautiful ! You need to show it more. YOu and Jane (the only ones I've seen ) are just beautiful. !!!
You should have let me know you were doing tubs lastnight... I would have had you come for dinner so you could clean mine too after dinner.

Ok is this the official day of cleaning ?
It will be hard with my little DGD here. She likes to be connected to my hip.. makes even doing the dishes difficult.
BUt it's SO worth it to have her here

Everyone have a FUN day even if it kills ya (or those around you that are no fun)
Closed Thread