Old 10-25-2007, 11:27 PM   #1  

Height: 5'4"

Default HELP - on vacation and ate waaaay 2 much today

I can't believe what I ate today. I have been on vacation for 2 weeks and go back home on Tuesday, check into the COD on Wednesday. Anyway, I digress. For the first time since I started LAWL 15 weeks ago, I FELL (Kaboom) off the Program 'wagon'.

It started with a small piece of birthday cake. Followed by ice cream and then they ordered pizza for dinner. Need I say more??? My tummy hurts so bad right now, I need to know what to do.

I have access to a grocery store and a kitchen. (We are in an efficiency apartment). Can anyone suggest what I should do? Right now, I am beating myself up with 'shouda, coulda, woulda' and that commercial where the baby smacks the mother upside the head when she had a french fry and "could have had a V8" comes to mind.

Should I go on TakeOff for 2 days?

Thanks
Roberta
shshshhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 08:36 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 224/189/130

Height: 5'5"

You could do a take off if you haven't done one in the past two weeks, but a takeoff isn't the answer to the occasional cheat or even binge...

We are learning a lifestyle change here. It isn't easy and we are not going to be perfect 100% of the time. We are human. Beating ourselves up over it isn't going to help.

I say brush yourself off and get back on that wagon. Today is a new day
Pastrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 12:05 PM   #3  
Purple with Lites

Height: 5'5"

Roberta, Patsy said it well.

Sounds like you had an off-plan day? Previously you probably had a lot more off plan days than you do now, right?! I hope you are able to forgive yourself and with your next meal or snack get right back on plan...for me from a mental perspective that is the only way to go! Physically, sometimes I feel sluggish or dehydrated after that kind of eating, so what is helpful to me is adding extra water, drinking hot lemon water and/or doing a slimdown (P, S) the next day.

Whenever you WI just remember that our bodies naturally have ups and downs in weight throughout the day and over time...even when I have been POP POP POP consistently, and I weigh in on the same scale, same time of day I fluctuate - down 1.6 then edging up .6 or .8 and then for the week I am down 1-2 pounds.

I probably would not do a TO unless I had already planned to do it because my WL had been stalled for a while. Forgive yourself!
AvidKayaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 12:19 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 187/171.8/150

Height: 5feet 4inches

Very well, said, Ladies! We are only human, and going off once in a while is normal and I believe healthy... Even thin people have cake and pizza, I have seen it!
Chin up, you are doing well! Enjoy your holiday!
QueenLucia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 01:29 PM   #5  
LAWL Salt Police

Well said all...

The point is to stop beating yourself up over this, take your lumps (if they indeed show up on the scale) and get on with being back on plan..

We all have transgressions like this from time to time...

What should you do now physically? Stay on plan and go light when it comes to starches and proteins for a couple of days... That's not to say you should skimp on your portions by any means, but stay away from the heavy stuff like beef and potatoes...

And make sure you get in all your water and watch the sodium!!!

You'll be fine!!!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 01:54 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Roberta, Just put it behind you, it will be alright. We all have weak moments, and still manage to lose and maintain. Just get right back on the plan and forget about it. Beating yourself up about it won't change what happened. Just try to learn for it and make a better plan for next time so you don't have this regret. To tell you the 100% truth, I often had a good weight loss week after eating something that was off plan. So don't automatically asume that you've destroyed everything by eating what sounds like just one meal badly. Sure it might show up on the scale temporarily, the salt from the pizza will likely do that. Get right back with the program and you will be fine. Everyone had good advice, but I thought I would just chime in and say relax, weight loss is a rest of your life journey and what happens on one day is not as important as what happens on most days. So just get back to your most of the days mode, and in the end you will get where you want to go.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 04:05 PM   #7  

Height: 5'4"

Ok - I am following everyone's excellent advice. You all have been there, done that and I have that collection of T-shirts from before I joined LAWL. You are all right, this is NOT a perfection thing, but a journey. I am right back OP, taking your advice, Dan, and eating light choices, not cutting back on portions.

Barbara, Lucia, Dan, Patsy and Lisa - well said all (in fact, I printed this whole thread and stuck it on my fridge), and stopped beating myself up for this goof.

Forgotten, back on track and grateful for the feedback.

Roberta
shshshhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 09:27 PM   #8  
LAWL Salt Police

Glad to hear it! That's what we're here for... Before you know it, you'll be dishing out the support and encouragement to one of us after a bad day!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote