Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2002, 10:23 AM   #1  
Empress/Queen

Thumbs down Yo! The Streak!

I've decided to revisit the idea of "streaking" ... focusing on "good" fitness and weight management behavior (as defined by me for me) and counting my consecutive "good" days (The Streak); I start over when I have a "bad" day (as defined only by me). I once lost a lot of weight doing this and had really long streaks. Some of us have also "streaked" on this board and it is similar to the Blockettes' 21-Day Challenge, but no rules apply other than those the streaker makes up. So inspired by the Blockettes, I'm going to streak (there is no "try," Luke Skywalker) my way to better weight management and hopefully the **** LAST 30 POUNDS! I'd welcome any fellow streakers on the journey, but will post here regardless. I pledge to keep the posts short, focused and to the point; name, rank & serial number only, no rambling, I promise (in future). I do not post my weight, but do post the ups and downs of my Sunday weigh-ins.

My "streak" plan is the same as always: Eat approximately 1500-2000 each day (hopefully in the lower range); two exercise sessions per day. That's the whole shebang. This is Day One!

To Anyone Who Reads This: Have a wonderful and productive day whatever you may be doing. May this week bring peace to the world (please?). Now I'm going to see how many smilies the system will let me put in here.

Old 04-14-2002, 08:36 PM   #2  

Crone...I always get a kick reading your posts!!! You said to come and streak away when I felt inclined....well....even though I didnt eat a whole lot today...I didnt eat too good of things...but you know what....I went for 2 walks today....the first one was short just to end of road and back to hunt Jesse and his friend down....LOL...the second was tonight after I had a plate of home made mac and cheese...WHICH I MIGHT ADD....I SCRAPED 1/4 OF THE PLATE....I WAS FULL.....LOL....but we walked down to the bike path with the 2 boys and walked to the second road and back home...which is almost 2 miles Brent says!!!...So.....I am slowly working my way back into the swing of things!!!

Ok...I am going to pledge this....for now....my plan to streak is to eat less of what I have been eatting until I am back at my normal pt range amount....which I am thinking I might even take a stab at not counting points....just journaling what I ate and try to see if it still holds me accountable for what goes in my mouth......and I will walk each day....weather permitting....and with any luck....I will be back in the saddle again.......Crone.....we can do it......and I am also not going to beat myself up for the day that comes along where I dont streak well.....I shall stand up....dust my booty off.. and climb aboard that saddle again......

Hoping and wishing you all the best of luck...we owe it to ourselves to do what makes us truly happy......take care all...LisaL
Old 04-15-2002, 08:39 AM   #3  

Default Streak Day #1

Hey Crone....how are ya? Well, today I will count as my first official day attempting to following my streak plan!!!

My streak plan again is the following:

1. Less food intake
2. Journal all foods that enter my mouth
3. Walk each day as long as weather permits ( which as of right now....its nasty old rain outside)

So, later today I will post and let ya know how my first day of streaking has gone.....I am praying this new day is a new beginning!!!

Take care all....LisaL
Old 04-15-2002, 12:04 PM   #4  
Empress/Queen

Thumbs down Day Two

Still holding at the second day of this streak. Ended yesterday with 1980 calories; a.m. & p.m. exercise both walks, sort of a medium intensity, two walks totaled 50 minutes. It is getting hot here.

Momto2: Thanks for joining me in this latest walk to fitness. I like the simplicity and flexibility of your plan. Eating less, walking (or other moderate exercise), journaling (awareness) ... these ARE the keys to a healthy weight. You are right, "WE CAN DO IT!" And, you should NEVER beat yourself up for anything ... it's totally counter-productive.

Everyone: Sorry to jump all over the board with new threads. Hope everyone continues to, as Momto2 says, do what is right for themselves and succeed.
Old 04-16-2002, 09:23 AM   #5  

Well, I managed to stay from snacking last night.....which for me right now....is a major milestone....I have ALWAYS been the type to snack while watching tv.....and last night after I had my dinner....I didnt eat a single thing.....

I didnt get my walk in yesterday cause I spent all day running around here packing stuff up still.....and then had to get my hair cut last night so I didnt make my walk......but today I will get all my chores done early enough so that I can walk tonight after dinner.....my in-laws will be here from Florida around dinner time and they love to walk too....so I will drag everyone out for some fresh air....

I didnt journal yet either....I seemed to have packed it away so I guess for now I will just jot it down on some paper or try to remember everything I eat each day....ha ha....but I didnt do too bad yesterday.....I actually didnt eat a whole lot.....

small bowl of home made mac & cheese
handful of cheese doodles
2 small fried chicken tenders
1c of rice
1c of peas
and that was all I had to eat....I am mighty impressed.....
Oh and I had a banana in the morning....

How are ya doing Crone???? still streaking?

Wishing others will begin to post.....its kinda getting lonely in here eh crone????

Take care and talk later....LisaL
Old 04-16-2002, 10:26 AM   #6  
Empress/Queen

Smile Day 3

Ended yesterday with 1955, still on the high end but in the ballpark of where I want to be. Exercise was two 30-minute fitness walks.

Mom: Woo-Hoo on your streak's first official day! You are doing great. I think it's a real accomplishment to attend to your health and fitness when going through all the transitions you are facing. Your menu is much better than mine was (several slimfast, bread, candy bar, tuna, apple). Not to give advice (ok, I will) but remember to eat enough calories so your metabolism doesn't go into starvation mode and slow to a crawl.

Remember, too, that "running around packing stuff up" counts as exercise ... so you DID get that in. And you journaled in your post so you did that, too.

It's a neat idea to recruit your inlaws on a walk. I like the challenge of turning everything and anything into exercise: Walking business meetings, my "hall treadmill" (when I don't feel like anything else, I walk fast from kitchen, through big living room, long hall, turn around in my gym room and circle back, over and over for up to two hours), stopping on my travels for a quickie "hike" in any nice setting, housework (sticking in lunges, squats, swinging the mop around, etc.); the list goes on.

I also wish everyone would come out and post on this or the other thread. Hope I didn't make anyone mad by abandoning yet another challenge and starting yet another. I didn't mean for this to replace the other for everyone else and nobody has to "streak" ... it's all just for fun and focus and support.

Well, I reneged on my promise to keep to short posts, but I'm off to do weights, then job hunt!

Yo!
Old 04-16-2002, 03:08 PM   #7  

Crone.....no worries on the longer posts....it's nice to sit and read what others are thinking and doing!!! and incase you hadnt really noticed....most of us on the original threads....tend to be long winded....ha ha

I dont think people feel like you have abandoned the other thread or challenge.....your doing what you feel right for you and they I am sure understand.....and I think once they get to the point of feeling up to journaling and posting again.....they will.....and I KNOW they are all lurking......LOL

I will do better at eating more calories too.....yesterday was just the first day in a long time that I didnt feel like sitting inside the frig and eating everything insight.....and your RIGHT....I did journal cause I posted it here.....and chasing after 2 kids, packing 3 more boxes up....and cleaning for the inlaws arrival....I would consider that pretty moderate excercise!!! Thanks for shedding a little light on that.....LOL

Today it is SOOO beautiful out here and I was going to go walking with the boys but I need to find the sunblock.....Kail and I have pretty WHITE skin and burn SOOOO easy.....so unless I find it.....we wont go walking until sundown.....which is ok with me too.....its less traffic on the bike path and cool shade.....right now its so sunny and lots of kids down there with school being out .... but Jesse is driving me nuts to go down so he can ride his scooter.....he rides around here but gets easily bored with it.....so we shall see......

I am going to end my post for now....but I will post tomorrow morning on my daily intake and exercise journal......take care Crone.......LisaL
Old 04-17-2002, 12:52 PM   #8  
Empress/Queen

Default Day 4 & More ...

Really not too much of the "more" ... but my streak is holding well. Ended yesterday at 1935. This is still highish but I prefer to eat enough to be comfortable rather than binge and end my streak. This streak is going to go on and on; it will be legendary! Exercise was 30 minutes of weights (full body circuit, medium weights) in the a.m.; p.m. was 20 minutes of a Leslie Sansone tape (40+ workout) followed by a 30-minute walk. My knee is much stronger this week.

Mom: Sunblock is really important where I live, too. It's funny how life revolves around the weather. When I lived in the midwest, my whole existence was seasonal; if it was winter, I had to plan accordingly. Here the "accordingly" is in the summer ... and summer is nine months long, give or take! Hope you had a nice day yesterday with your little ones.
Old 04-18-2002, 12:35 AM   #9  
Empress/Queen

Unhappy

Still on streak, but lonely in here!

Mom, are you there?

Well, I ended Day 4 with 1960 calories, exercise was 65 minutes of walking, divided between a.m. & p.m.

Not sure if I'll be able to post for awhile ... but the streak goes on!
Old 04-18-2002, 08:24 AM   #10  

Just a really quick post to tell you I am still alive Crone and havent forgotten you....my inlaws arrived Tuesday from Florida so I havent been on the computer too much.....I promise later when they are gone with the boys shopping that I will get on and update you.....but glad to hear your still streaking and I have not done TOO bad......still trying hard to not snack at night after meal time......but anyhoot...they are all hollering for me to go make them popovers for breakfast....so I will be back on later to write you more....take care...LisaL
Old 04-18-2002, 09:40 AM   #11  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Talking lurker alert.......Hi there!!

Good Morning Crone and Mom!!! I've been reading quietly to myself lately and not posting, hence the lurker alert notice. Hope you both don't mind......I've been having to deal with some family issues concerning a brother of mine and I hopefully can put this behind me. Its been difficult the last 2 weeks, but it seems to be getting better. You both have been doing so well lately with your streaking!!! Ha!!,,,everytime I read that, all I can think of is that song the "Streaker" from a long time ago. Good luck with day 5 Crone. One more question Mom????....what is a popover?
Old 04-18-2002, 10:32 AM   #12  

Default Hugs for Angel!!!! Missed Ya!!!

Angel...sorry to hear the trouble your having with your brother...family troubles are never fun to deal with....I hope all is better for you soon.....as to the lurking....we dont mind....just make sure you stop to say hi......I miss keeping up with you.....and to answer your question.....a popover is made of flour egg egg whites and milk....you mix it up and they actually make popover pans that are very deep muffin type pans or you can use ceramic ramikins and you bake them and they rise above the top of the pan and POPOVER.....and they are huge and light/airy kinda thing......we put jam or butter spray on them.......I had never had them until I got with Brent.....and his mom makes them....but I started making them and they popped way more than hers did.....so they wanted me to make them while they are up from Florida to show them how high out of the pans I can get mine to rise.....LOL....

Ok....as for my streak....( always think of streak as running around nekkid....ha ha ).... I have been walking everyday....not a whole lot cause of the heat that we have been dealing with here.....but I have managed to get outside and walk around and I have been eating on the lighter side.....I have not been snacking after dinner which is a HUGE step for me.....so.....I have been doing pretty good on my streak......wishing you all the best of luck on your streaks.......take care....LisaL
Old 04-19-2002, 11:35 AM   #13  
Empress/Queen

Default Yo!

[COLOR]I'm on Day 6 ... not much computer time this week but still streaking.

Angel-Eyes, hope your family situation is easing somewhat and that your brother is ok. I know how dear a brother can be ... I have only one left and he is very important to me.

Mom: I love popovers! I have made them with Eggbeaters and they are very low cal. Maybe I'll have some today.

Peace.
Old 04-20-2002, 10:32 AM   #14  
Empress/Queen

Default Day Seven

Day Six completed with 1795 calories & 115 minutes of exercise divided into four workouts (my streak plan calls for only two, so I exceeded that, sometimes dividing exercise into comfortable chunks is the way to go for me). I did 40 minutes of circuit training a.m., a 10-minute fitness walk mid-a.m., later 5 more minutes fast around block, p.m. was a 65 minute moderate walk.

Hope everyone is having a good day so far.
Old 04-21-2002, 12:11 AM   #15  

Hey Crone and Angel...how ya girls doing? I am in Vermont right now with family and will be home tomorrow at some point in afternoon....then I can post some more.....glad to hear your on day 6 of streaking crone.....I havent done too bad here but not enough exercise....well I havent had much time to sit so I guess thats a good thing!!!

Will post more tomorrow.....talk to you girls then.....LisaL
Closed Thread