Old 09-24-2007, 03:03 PM   #1  

Height: 5' 4"

Default Cooking Light Cookbooks

Does anyone have or has anyone ever used the Cooking Light Cookbooks?

I was wondering if the recipes were good and if they include nutritional information for the recipe.

I was thinking of buying some, but I wasn't sure. It's hard to shop for things online that you can't flip through, touch, etc...

Thanks!
MetalChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 03:14 PM   #2  
I CAN DO THIS!!

S/C/G: 360.6/335.4/140

Height: 5'7½"

I have several of the Cooking Light cookbooks (probably 6 or more plus the magazine subscription) and all of them have the nutritional information (as do the recipes in their magazines). All of their recipes that I have tried (many) have been great. I highly recommend 5 Ingredients 15 Minutes cookbook (if you can find it). The recipes are delicious and simple which I definitely need during the week.

Hope this helps.
gina1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 03:38 PM   #3  
Me Want Cookie!

S/C/G: 195/145/155

Height: 6'

I also highly recommend the Cooking Light 5 Ingredient 15 Minute Cookbook. The recipes are great, filling portions. It lists all the Nutrition info and even has a grocery list down the page of each recipe to make it even easier. I cook from mine at least 2 to 3 times a week.

Last edited by Cookie_Monster; 09-24-2007 at 03:46 PM. Reason: typing faster than thinking
Cookie_Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 04:02 PM   #4  
Brendansmum

S/C/G: 214/195/135

Height: 5'7"

Try your local library. I have checked out every one that mine has. They are great, have good recipes and all the nutritional info is included.
Brendansmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 05:45 PM   #5  
it's always something

Cooking Light recipes are fantastic! You can get thousands of their recipes on their website, if you want a good sampling or to see if they can fit into your plan.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 10:39 AM   #6  

I've looked at the Web site; and when I do a search, I get so many results I get frustrated and quit looking. I'm also a visual person, and a lot of the recipes on there don't have pictures. Any suggestions to find good recipes on there?

I didn't even think about the library!

I appreciate all of the comments. I think I'll buy some of them!

Thanks!
Old 09-27-2007, 10:51 AM   #7  
Plan #3-no lites

S/C/G: 198/179/150

Height: 5'5"

I would like to try some of the cookbooks too, but how do you convert the recipes into LAWL exchanges?
KSingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 12:05 PM   #8  

I'm not sure. I guess you would have to figure them out for each one.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Old 10-22-2007, 02:05 PM   #9  

Height: 5'2"

I just wanted to let you know that I took 8 of the Cooking Light 5 ingredient -15 minute recipes that I found to be the closest to LAWL to my Center and asked them to provide the exchanges. I will post the recipes and the exchanges when I get the recipes back.

week 42
LAWL franchise center
Plan 2 with lites
total lost 51.5 lbs.
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 03:36 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx View Post
I just wanted to let you know that I took 8 of the Cooking Light 5 ingredient -15 minute recipes that I found to be the closest to LAWL to my Center and asked them to provide the exchanges. I will post the recipes and the exchanges when I get the recipes back.

week 42
LAWL franchise center
Plan 2 with lites
total lost 51.5 lbs.
Thanks! I can't wait...
Old 10-23-2007, 04:03 PM   #11  

I love the Cooking light cookbooks. I have a whole bunch of them. They usually sell them at Costco very cheap.
NJGIRLinVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 08:22 PM   #12  

I LOVE Cooking Light - I subscribe to the magazine and devour it every month and then also buy the Recipe Annual that they put out every year, so that I don't have to hang onto the individucal magazines. I have never made a bad recipe from Cooking Light - they are very well tested! Their website is great too!
LindaWlek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 09:04 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaWlek View Post
I LOVE Cooking Light - I subscribe to the magazine and devour it every month and then also buy the Recipe Annual that they put out every year, so that I don't have to hang onto the individual magazines. I have never made a bad recipe from Cooking Light - they are very well tested! Their website is great too!
Are the recipes on their Web site the ones in the magazines or different ones?
Old 10-24-2007, 09:59 AM   #14  
Purple with Lites

Height: 5'5"

I am also a devotee of Cooking Light Magazine and like LindaWlek I have purchased the cookbooks so I don't have to keep the magazines (seems to me that they're the same from the magazine to the cookbook - so I have paid for the magazine subscription and then the cookbook too!). The magazines repeatedly have great recipes and quite a variety each month. The first year I ordered the cookbook (from oxmoorhouse) I received an 'introductory offer' and it was one price, then the next year they automatically sent me the book at a much higher price. If you purchase the cookbook please make sure you get it from a source that will not automatically enroll you for an annual book unless you want that. Also, if you want to try the magazine you can get two months free
https://subs.timeinc.net/CK/ck_newbi...questid=263983 but be sure to write cancel on the bill unless you want to purchase a subscription.
I have found the website has many of the same recipes but not sure how long they have them online and when I find a favorite recipe I want to be sure I can get to it! I highly recommend Cooking Light Cookbooks and the Magazine too. Bon Appetit!
AvidKayaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 11:52 AM   #15  

Thanks for the information, everyone!