View Single Post
Old 10-21-2007, 11:59 PM   #62
Scenestealer
TBL Red Team Member

S/C/G: 132/129/120

Height: 5'4.5"

So... this article made me really depressed. I've spent a lot of time on those exercises and other similar ones that work my muscles. I know you can't spot reduce, but I don't have a ton of extra fat to lose, so isn't it worth it to start toning now so once the fat is gone you can see toned muscles? I always "feel the burn" from the abductor/adductor machines and from side bends - I don't understand how that isn't at least some kind of good sign (as long as it's more soreness than pain/injury).

Also, in the past, I've noticed that the side bends at least have tightened up my waist, or so I thought. Maybe it was wishful thinking, but when I did them a lot I thought my sides felt tighter instead of jiggly? Didn't measure size so I can't comment on that.

So I guess my main question is, aside from the ones in there that they say are dangerous (I've never liked the rotator abs thing anyway, b/c I never felt it in my abs), when should someone start doing the other exercises? 50 pounds from goal weight? 10 pounds from goal weight? Not till they're AT goal weight?

Thanks!

Absolut(ly) Fit - my nutrition and fitness blog

Scenestealer is offline   Reply With Quote