Old 10-15-2007, 09:36 PM   #1  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Default ******* - Did you read it?

It's on the home page about diet scams.

What a piece of work that woman is! She should be behind bars. Thank you so much for that article.

I would never consider a diet that has you eat that little and take laxes.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 09:44 PM   #2  
it's always something

It's about time for an update, too. It seems that almost every success story she had on her site was fake, and she used photos from Russian bride websites. In fact, the infamous "red dress" photo she claimed was her own after picture was also traced to a Russian bride. Of the 4 genuine success stories, 3 have parted ways and now warn of the dangers of *******. The other one is on her payroll.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 09:58 PM   #3  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

That is disgusting! Surely she has broken some laws some place so she can e prosecuted. That thing about the foster kids should be enough. She hoodwinked many people there.

The idea that she was following people around and kicking them out of the lifetime membership is rather dastardly.

I think we all know here that if we abuse the rules, are extremely rude to others and other things we can be banned. However, these rules are clear and up front.

I wonder if her kids are leaving home the moment they are 18 yrs and 1 second old.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 02:58 AM   #4  
Ruler of Straight Lines

S/C/G: 185

Height: 5'4"

That story is as disgusting as the photos of the real "Kim". It'll be interesting to see what karma does to her
FitGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 10:25 PM   #5  

Have any of you actually checked out the site or tried the diet? Or are you just going on what "someone" said? and has it occurred to you that "someone" can lie also?
If Kimmer has lied about her name, her pic, or her weight loss, that is terrible. But she did not lie about a good diet that will take the weight off. I have never come across any recommendation for using laxatives on the site. I have come across good recipes, great people, and great support.
And it's terrible that she cashed in on people's desire to lose weight? Excuse me? Everything from Weight Watchers to L.A Weight Loss to every diet book out there has cashed in, and let me tell ya, not all of them work either. So I spent $40 to join her site. Weight Watchers wants $7 a meeting forever. SBD web site wants $5 a month forever. For $40, I'm a member forever and get all the updates and new recipes and support and I make a few on line friends.
Disgusting is a word that has come up quite often in previous e-mails in this thread.....well, I'm going to use it again. It's disgusting that you seem to operate on what "someone" has said without ever trying it yourself.
And if she has taken advantage of anyone, then so has every diet book author out there.
silversun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 10:33 PM   #6  
Pending Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversun View Post
Have any of you actually checked out the site or tried the diet? Or are you just going on what "someone" said? and has it occurred to you that "someone" can lie also?
If Kimmer has lied about her name, her pic, or her weight loss, that is terrible. But she did not lie about a good diet that will take the weight off. I have never come across any recommendation for using laxatives on the site. I have come across good recipes, great people, and great support.
And it's terrible that she cashed in on people's desire to lose weight? Excuse me? Everything from Weight Watchers to L.A Weight Loss to every diet book out there has cashed in, and let me tell ya, not all of them work either. So I spent $40 to join her site. Weight Watchers wants $7 a meeting forever. SBD web site wants $5 a month forever. For $40, I'm a member forever and get all the updates and new recipes and support and I make a few on line friends.
Disgusting is a word that has come up quite often in previous e-mails in this thread.....well, I'm going to use it again. It's disgusting that you seem to operate on what "someone" has said without ever trying it yourself.
And if she has taken advantage of anyone, then so has every diet book author out there.
How long have you been a member of KK out of curiosity?

Most things that people are saying is true, or maybe you haven't seen the news story that broadcasted in Los Angeles about it, or heard of the class action lawsuit being set up. I understand your faithfulness, I was faithful and fought tooth and nail for this woman at one point, but after everything I have seen, including my own hair loss and heart palpitations, I can't do that anymore. I ask about when you joined KK because the site has almost completely changed from what it was recently.
anrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 11:36 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

silversun, if you read the blogs of the ******* former employees in the article on the 3FC homepage, you can read how "kimmer" personally defended the (ab)use of laxatives because one of the ******* follower's doctors prescribed them. She's a walking fraud (she's still morbidly obese) -- Jenny Craig and Weight Watchers have REAL success stories -- people are making millions off the diet industry, and it's another argument completey, but people have been successful with many of the big weight loss franchises. ******* is a dangerous, starvation diet. Sure you'll lose weight fast, but the only place you'll be wearing that dream size dress is in your coffin.
HarpoChicoGroucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 12:11 AM   #8  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

The dangers of a very low carb, low fat, high protein diet have been known for at least a couple hundred years (called rabbit starvation, because it struck pioneers eating only rabbit, which is extremely lean. When protein is eaten without significant carbohydrate and fat, it causes rapid illness and death (check out wikipedia or other reliable sources).

One of the ironies of this case is that the criminal activity most likely to be prosecuted will have nothing to do with the dangers of diet the itself. The misrepresentation of herself and the illegal use of the russian bride photos may be a course of prosecution. Her revoking "life time memberships" without refund for anyone who disagreed with her or questioned her on the site, and shady business practices.

The sad truth is that in our society where weight loss at any cost is valued above health and safety, there will always be someone willing to sell dangerous and expensive scams, and there will always be dieters willing to defend them. Their hair may be falling out, they may have open sores, gallstones, heart damage and diarrhea from the diet, but if they've lost the weight they wanted to they will defend it literally to the deatn.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 12:44 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

The other night she was on the news....well, she wouldn't talk of course! A reporter told the whole story and they tracked her down to get her side of it all, but she got in her car and stormed off. It's quite tragic that she scammed so many people. I hope those people don't get turned off--they should all come HERE for support and REAL diet information!!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 01:00 PM   #10  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversun View Post
Weight Watchers wants $7 a meeting forever.
Not true. Once you reach your goal weight on Weight Watchers and maintain it for 6 weeks, you don't have to pay for another meeting ever, as long as you do not exceed your goal weight by more than 2 pounds. They do this in order to help people maintain the weight they have lost. How can you not go and get support after losing when its free?!

Last edited by modkittn; 10-17-2007 at 01:02 PM.
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 01:21 PM   #11  
Viva la vida loca!

S/C/G: 360/329/297 (second 10%)

Height: 5'6"

Weight Watchers in my city is $12 a meeting, and I don't mind one bit paying it.
waterbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 09:52 PM   #12  

Alinnell was she overweight in the news story?
2muchbackend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 10:08 PM   #13  
Pending Email Confirmation

I am not alinnell but yes she was, there are surveillance tapes all over the internet of her at the moment.
anrich is offline   Reply With Quote