Old 10-18-2007, 03:38 PM   #1  
Kristina

S/C/G: 230/see ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Default Grrrr @ my hubby....

met my husband for an appointment today and he asked if I had time for lunch - so I told him sure, but make it WW friendly. He smiled and asked me how many points I had to spare - keep in mind this is lunch and I have a function after work tonight! So I'm following him down the road and we pull into this hole in the wall, fried only place. When we got inside I just looked at him. EVERYTHING was fried. Sigh..anyway, I ate one piece of fish (they just looked at me when I asked them to grill it) and I had 8 FF's - I guess that's not too bad considering...although the large Cheeseburger combo looked great! lol..he definitely owes me!
Prissiroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 03:55 PM   #2  
laysa

Location: small town in british columbia[canada]...nestled in the mountains

S/C/G: 189/165/140

Height: 5'2

loll yeh those husbands ..i give u a pat on the back at least you were aware of the choices you made.was salad on the menu?think i wooda went for that....
laysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 04:04 PM   #3  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

Oh, definitely grrr.. *comfort* It's one thing when you let them choose and don't give them any guidance, but to specifically say you need healthy choices and then get only fried stuff... that's beyond annoying and nudging into inconsiderate.

I've become fairly good at finding edible (semi-healthy) food at almost any restaurant. But those fried-only places are the hardest. My choice is usually fried chicken, because it's easier to take off the coating of chicken then fish. And given the choice of french fries or onion rings, I'll take the onions. Less carb, and the calories are mostly from the oil, not oil and potato.

Those places also sometimes have coleslaw (I know, it has mayo, but half a cup ranges only from 50 calories to 130 or so, depending on the recipe) or baked beans (full of "good" carbs and fiber, even if the sauce is sugary).

I jinned up a meal in fitday on those options:

1 medium chicken breast, battered, skin/coating not eaten 327
.5 cup coleslaw 41
5 big onion rings 162
.5 cup baked beans 187

A little over 700 calories... not all that bad for lunch, with a good dose of protein. Cut out the onions to bring it to a definite "do-able" range of calories. Plus the fiber in the beans and slaw will help fill you up
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 04:20 PM   #4  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I had never encountered a fried only place until I went to Texas recently. We went to a place where they served 2 things, fried chicken or chicken fried steak. They also served mashed potatoes, gravy, corn, beans and biscuits. My favorite part of the meal was the biscuits, they were good. It was the weirdest restaurant though.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 04:31 PM   #5  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

You didn't blow it though! I might have thrown up my hands and had the double cheeseburger..so way to go!
Cassie501107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 04:41 PM   #6  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Gotta love NW Florida, they bread and deep fry everything. And if it isn't they drown it in butter.
dixied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 04:59 PM   #7  
Kristina

S/C/G: 230/see ticker/145

Height: 5'4

You are so right dixie - even when I'm able to get it grilled, I have to threaten them so they don't pour butter all over it. What's the point of ordering things grilled if they're just going to be covered in butter??
Prissiroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 05:09 PM   #8  
but you can call me Sarah

S/C/G: 165/185/135

my husband is almost that way...with food, he does ok since he's also trying to lose weight. but if i bring up wanting to try a new method of losing weight (i.e., this mornings conversation about weight watchers), his half of the argument usually begins with the word 'bunk' or the statement 'doesnt work'. he did the nutrisystem thing and dropped 140 lbs in 9 months. it just doenst work like that for me...and he doesnt seem to get that.
wifey bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 05:12 PM   #9  
FatCat

S/C/G: 270/244/135

Ha ha.. I am in the midwest... we eat red meat, corn and potatoes at every meal (because that's what we grow here!!!) If that's not bad enough, we cover everything in gravy made from the meat drippings. Yum.
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 06:42 PM   #10  
baby steps

S/C/G: 285/285/healthy!

Height: 5'9"

Ugh, tell me about it.

I'm a Texas girl, and it's seriously hard to eat out without totally blowing a diet plan. Everything is breaded, deep-fried, beer-battered, or covered in sour cream, mayo and butter.

I have resorted to asking for a grilled chicken breast everywhere I go. I figure if they have fried chicken on the menu, they've got some chicken back there somewhere! A grilled chicken breast and some veggies or even mashed potatoes if I have to isn't so bad.
xtrisaratops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 11:12 PM   #11  
Made of Starstuff

"How many points do you have left?"
At restaurant...
"Oh, you didn't want to use them all up for lunch? Oops."

Grrr >_< lol

I'm glad you made the healthiest choices that you could. And good for you for asserting yourself to get the fish made the way you wanted it!

Last edited by Lovely; 10-18-2007 at 11:12 PM.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote