Old 10-16-2007, 11:33 PM   #1  
loves kleenex box art

Default There is only one Bossy the Cow

and she is Bagz. Here is the new thread.

Speak to it.
Cowpernia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 07:18 AM   #2  
loves kleenex box art

It has been a week since I mailed socksies to Wabby. They should be there by now so I'm thinking they're lost and that's very disappointing. The postage on the package is one of those label things that they make with Pitney Bowes machines. I guess that doesn't indicate that an official person made it. I will never trust those people again.

I gave up pork a while back when I took up kefir. On Saturday, they fed us at work .. barbecued ribs (2 kinds) and chicken. The pork ribs were SO good that I ate and ate and ate them when no one was in the room with me. Can a person's need pork?? I still want more.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:28 PM   #3  
Member w/ messiest house

Well, of course a person can require pork. It's the other white meat. Haven't you ever heard of a bacon emergency?

I'm not sure a week is enough time to get from one corner of the country to the other. I'm also not sure what you are talking about with the label. Did you get any postal extras like tracking?

Well, I picked up DH at the airport yesterday, so home is back to "normal". I can tell it's back to normal because, while I slept late, he did a paltry load of only his own laundry (which I'll have to finish and then do another load so I can have clean clothes ) and then took my car to go visit his parents. Welcome home...

The opera on Sunday was really groovy. They kindly had a screen of translated lyrics so the audience could have a clue what was going on, and they had a harpsichord and some other period (Italian Renaissance) instruments. And there was a harp solo as well, which was so beautiful I just wanted to hear it forever.

And in some way "taking a seat at the opera" really did help me to get home because I wasn't tired after seeing that and having dinner with the kids.

Hey Sugar, you feeling any better?

I got an email reply from Schatzi -- her laptop she is using while travelling will not connect to the internet or something, and she's pretty swamped with work. I suspect we'll hear from her sooner or later.

Later Bossys

Kiwi
Kiwonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 02:37 PM   #4  
fatter than U

Red face

Peachy - pork is about the only thing one can find to eat around here. You get used to it. BUT sometimes we can rustle up a chicken breast or two and I made this thing called "orange chicken with scallions" for dinner tonight. It was SOOOOOOOO good. Orange juice, soy sauce, rice vinegar, brown sugar and red pepper flakes all boiled down into a sauce to coat the stir-fried chicken with. Thought about licking the frying pan but then decided to just scrape the rest of the sauce out with a spatula in a ladylike manner.

Kiwi - I WAS sort of feeling better, thanks for asking, but today I started feeling really, really barfy and had to lie down. I have no idea if this thing is coming or going but I'd like to feel normal again soon.

Wabby!!
SugP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 06:02 PM   #5  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

sugar---what the heeeeellllllllll is going on--is no doctor able to assist---this is getting out of hand--yesterday's oprah was all about 40 ups and their problems---apparently the thyroid can wreck havoc on our poor systems----didn't you mention thyroid at one point???? it is hard to get back home to the mundane aspects kiwonk-but the good part is your own bed and your own doggie----right????? AND WHO ARE YOU CALLING BOSSY MISS PEACHPIT!!!!! for some reason, some of my three d friends have mentioned this characteristic on occasion----go figure====today ds and i did a nature hike for about an hour and a half===he took bread to feed the chickadees and had them eating out of his hand---i was soooooooo enjoying his company,esp since i know what is ahead { ditch mama of course}
Bagzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 10:44 PM   #6  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagzz View Post
=today ds and i did a nature hike for about an hour and a half===he took bread to feed the chickadees and had them eating out of his hand---i was soooooooo enjoying his company,esp since i know what is ahead { ditch mama of course}
That's a photo from today in your avatar? How the heck do you get chickadees to eat of your hand? That is so cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugP View Post
"orange chicken with scallions"... Thought about licking the frying pan but then decided to just scrape the rest of the sauce out with a spatula in a ladylike manner.
MMM, I would not blame you for licking the pan!

Gosh I hope you feel better soon. I have to say that when I had my yearly physical, I mentioned feeling nausea every day for several weeks to the doc and that's when he sent me to have an ultrasound for gallstones! Not that I have to have my gall bladder out now, because I didn't really have enough symptoms to warrant it, but I suppose it could have led to that Could be worth a checkup?

ta
Kiwi
Old 10-17-2007, 11:13 PM   #7  
loves kleenex box art

I have been laughing at this kitty for days. He looks like many people in Dogpatch.

The envelope to Wabby did not have enough postage. That is the problem. The people who accepted the envelope said that's all it needed but I learned later (by mailing an identical one at the post office) that it was only half enough.

Feeding birds from the hand is amazing. I want to do it, too. But not near my cats.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:59 AM   #8  
Member w/ messiest house

He looks like my old cat Germaine. He was a bit prickly too.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:13 AM   #9  
breakfast rebel

Height: 5' 4.5"

Hi! I have read various cow-oriented threads here as a voyeur. You all seem like lovely people. So I would like to ask for enlightenment about the cow theme?
Just curious.
thanks and good wishes,
jo
Spinymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 03:25 AM   #10  
fatter than U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinymouse View Post
So I would like to ask for enlightenment about the cow theme?
Helloooo, Spinymouse! Well, your guess is as good as ours on the cow thing. Maybe someone else from the herd can remember when/why it all started. We (except Cherry) are all old and forgetful.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:41 AM   #11  
loves kleenex box art

My GAWD I LOVE THOSE SOCKSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and shoes.

I want.
Old 10-18-2007, 02:20 PM   #12  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm let me think---------oh i have forgotten how---spiny--let us seeeeeeeeee---i think we used to call ourselves all kinds of things----at first we were Messies-----from the Cybermom---then we started making fun of ourselves to bug JUNE, the Affirmation Queen---she couldn't stand our making such derogatory remarks----i will keep thinking although it rarely results in anything much anymore---over to you Kiwi!!!!{i like those socks too===today mine are green and black striped---maybe we should start posting our thin feet}
Bagzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 02:40 PM   #13  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinymouse View Post
Hi! I have read various cow-oriented threads here as a voyeur. You all seem like lovely people. So I would like to ask for enlightenment about the cow theme?
It's kind of a mystery to us, too. We started Somewhere Else (the Place That Shall Not Be Named) as WLB - Weight Loss Buddies, then we morphed into Bovinity.

I'm not dressed. It's 2:30 in the afternoon. I should be ashamed of myself.

Kiwi
Old 10-18-2007, 03:14 PM   #14  
fatter than U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwonk View Post
I'm not dressed. It's 2:30 in the afternoon. I should be ashamed of myself.
No, no, no! You should be proud that you're saving on laundry detergent. Well, assuming that you'll be retiring in the same outfit you arose in this morning.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:16 PM   #15  
Member w/ messiest house

Yes, good point. That's why I was doing it. Yeah, that's it. I took a shower, though, and now have clean clothes on. Irresponsible of me, isn't it?

Kiwi