Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2002, 09:32 AM   #1  
Losin It For GOOD!

Default #150 - Water Does a Body Good

So, I'm definately finally noticing some benefits to this water drinking thing. All the bathroom trips were really starting to bum me out. But I'm definately feeling so much better, and starting to CRAVE the water if I don't drink it, so that's a great thing.

Had a relatively good weekend. Friday night I cleaned the house and had about 6 hours to myself, which was absolutely LOVELY. Then stayed up late chatting with you girls...
Saturday we slept in late (ahhh...) and then meandered to my parents to do laundry (hitting WalMart on the way..) and ended up working hard helping outside and enjoying the beautiful 70 degree weather!!! I also bought a new X-Stitch project for my friend who is having a baby... super cute!!! Saturday night we kicked around the house watching TV...
Sunday was church, then we went to the in-laws and had a GREAT visit (woo hoo!!!) I don't know what exactly happened, but it was really nice. Then we went to church to practice for the talent show.. and then went to bed.

I didn't go to the gym this AM because we're going rollerblading for a few hours tonight.. don't want to overdo anything!!

hope you girlies have a beautiful day... its raining lightly here..

edit to add good things:
1. I ate WAYYYYY over points on Sunday, BUT I wrote EVERY point down.
2. I exercised this weekend
3. I brought all my WW program materials (since I'm getting a new set) to my in-laws so that they would be able to follow the plan.

Last edited by BA99TJ; 04-15-2002 at 10:46 AM.
Old 04-15-2002, 12:16 PM   #2  
Losin It For GOOD!

Default So am I a Jerk?

I don't know.. I just get so frustrated sometimes. I'm trying to find some people "my age" on boards that I can "buddy up" with.. but it seems 90% of them only have like 15-20 lbs to lose, which to me just seems ridiculous... I mean I've already lost that. I just don't understand why these people think they are so overweight, and claim to "understand" what I am going through, when there is no way possible that they could.

Argh.
I would KILL to weigh what some of these girls weigh.
Old 04-15-2002, 12:39 PM   #3  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Well, no your not a jerk, but I don't think that you are being very open to their point of view.

First, someone who is unhappy with where they are weight wise is unhappy no matter if they have 20 to lose or 120. With 100+ to lose we have more issues, but the frustration with yourself is still the same. Think of yourself at 20 lbs above goal, are you going to be ridiculous because you want to get that last 20 lbs off?

The other thing that I look at is how easy is it to lose weight. If I follow my program, I can easily lose 1-2 lbs. a week if not more because I am so heavy, but someone who only has 20 lbs. to lose, they may only lose 1-2 lbs in a month.

Honestly, it scares me to death be get under 150 lbs. How on earth I am going to magange only eating 18-23 points a day!!!!

They may not have the same issues, but they still have issues.

I do think you would be better off finding a buddy that has more than 20 lbs. to lose only because of the length of our journey and the specific issues. I have a buddy and she has alot less to lose than me, but her support and advice has been invaluable!! It has made all the difference in the world!!!
Old 04-16-2002, 12:34 AM   #4  
A princess in the making!

Talking Hello and Happy Monday!

Just a quick post. It is late and I am tired. But I wanted to let you know I finished DAY 8 OP. It was a struggle this morning. But I did it.

Nice things I did: [list=a][*]Drank all my water[*]Stayed within my points[*]Walked for 30 min. during lunch[*]Bought some fruit at lunch-did not eat will use tomorrow[*]When stressed out tonight--did my dishes instead of eating off of them[*]Talk to my mom[/list=a]

BethAnn- Don't worry I understand the way you feel. I too have thought that. Hang in there!!
Old 04-16-2002, 09:40 AM   #5  
Losin It For GOOD!

Ok Going to start with the good things list:

1. Bought a blizzard at DQ but ONLY ATE HALF of it, and gave the other half to DH to finish.
2. Went rollerblading for 2 hours last night, and earned some "extra credit" exercise points.
3. Journaled all the food I ate
4. Stayed OP (Although it was REALLLLY close.)
5. Used my blockbuster gift card to buy DVD's I thought that hubby would like
6. Treated 2 kids from Youth Group to DQ also.
7. Finished DH's tax returns for him.

As far as my question up there goes, I should probably tell you the whole story behind my aggrivation.

When I went to Weight Watchers to join last week, the lines were out the door for new members (which was great!!!) there were all types of body sizes/shapes/etc waiting in line. However, at the front of my line was a cluster of about 3 women who were at the counter getting ready to pay. It ended up that all three of them were only 3 lbs above the LOWEST reccomended weight according to weight watchers. (I.E. to fulfill the ww "requirement" to lose 5 lbs to become lifetimers, they would actually end up 2 lbs BELOW the WW. lowest reccomended weights for their heights) The only way I found this out was because they were discussing it in incredibly loud voices. I.E.
"Like, Oh My Gawd, Jessie, I can't believe that I only have like 2 lbs to lose"... (you can probably grasp what they looked like as well.) So they spent 15 minutes (NO JOKE!) with the receptionist asking all kinds of questions. It really became apparent to those of us in line (who mostly were in the obese range, sorry) that these girls just wanted to add the weight watchers trophy to their size 4 belts. That just started the aggravation at the meeting.. They asked 37 questions, and hogged a LOT of time, all the while declaring that (and I quote) "We don't really NEED to lose the weight, but we just want to be as healthy and fit as we can" (in a tone of voice that was DEFINATELY rubbing it in.) I have run into a bunch more people like this on the boards lately, and I was just really getting annoyed... I'm sorry if that is selfish or not being understanding... I just thought I'd see what you all felt about it.

Last edited by BA99TJ; 04-16-2002 at 09:51 AM.
Old 04-16-2002, 10:46 AM   #6  

The amount of water I sucked in yesterday is really unbelievable. I just couldn't seem to get enough in. I lost count, but am sure it was at least a gallon. I don't know where the motivation came from, but I feel so strong and confident this week.
So confident that I walked 5 MILES yesterday in the hot hot sun. But I did it and I felt like a climber a mountain. I am going to shoot for it again today. I found some pics from last summer and the difference 12 lbs will do to your face is amazing. I want that no double chin look again! lol

BA..I know exactly what you mean, I really do. I think that it is terribly rude and obnoxious for those that are size 4 to complain about their weight to a person who has alot more to lose than 5 lbs.

Two weekends ago I went out dancing with this man that I met a few months ago, and my uncle along with his new girlfriend. She literally weighs 106 lbs and she is a bit shorter than I, about 5'5. she is very thin and long. We went out and she was complaining to everyone that she has to lose 5 lbs because she feels so fat. So, how the **** did that make me feel? I am twice her size. I am two of her. And here she is complaining about her weight, almost obsessively. I wonder if she realizes how she made me feel. I despise ppl like that, not because I am so overweight. But because they have no class or compassion. there is no comparison, but it's almost like someone with strep throat complaining to someone who has cancer. Do they not think before they open their mouth? Well, this past weekend a bunch of us went to the park, when it was very hot outside. She had on skimpy shorts and a small tshirt (that she HAD to tell me was her 4 yr old sons tshirt, LMAO) and she kept scratching her belly. My "male friend" and I were walking to the bathroom and he asked me jokingly if she had fleas. I said "You need to study women more, she is lifting her tshirt (that was already too short) to rub her belly because she wanted all of the guys to notice her stomach that has NO rolls". His reply "Well, she's too skinny and if she thinks for one minute she is being attractive, she is strongly mistaken. She has no waist or curves. Nothing. She looks like a man who has fleas, cause she's constantly rubbing her belly"
Well..he was right. She looked like a complete moron. Every 5 seconds she was rubbing her belly or adjusting her shorts so everyone could see her stomach. Women like that annoy the **** out of me. I don't care how fit I get, I will not be pulling my shirt up every 2 minutes to show the world. Nor will I complain about 5 lbs to someone who has obviously a great deal of weight to lose. I am a real woman, a woman with class. Those 3 women at the group meeting, deserved a slap in the head.
Old 04-16-2002, 11:07 AM   #7  
Losin It For GOOD!

Thanks Jenniffer..

By the way, I LOVE YOUR PIC!! You are beautiful girl, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise!!! We have a lot of GREAT LOOKIN girls on this board!!

I agree that those girls needed a slap in the head... mainly because they took SO Long to register, a lot of us who NEEDED the meeting - advice - encouragement MISSED the first 10 minutes of it because the lines were so bad.

Oh well.. you meet ignorant people all the time, which is why I have the bumper sticker on my car that I do which says...

STUPIDITY SHOULD BE PAINFUL
Old 04-16-2002, 11:50 AM   #8  
Long Time Member

Hello All!!!

BethAnne - I completely agree that those women at the meeting should have been forcefully removed!! Those kind of women drive me crazy too! By the way, what does your cross-stitch look like that you bought to do for the baby? Mine still hasn't come in yet!! Grrrrr.

Jennifer - You should buy her a flea collar. Love your Picture!! What a cutie you are!!!

Well, it's Tuesday and I seem to be on my way to having a very good week. I too seem to be in the zone. No questions, just do it. I wish I could bottle up this mindset and take a swig every time I get the munchies or am pigging out. For me it's all a mind game. Lasts night meeting was about choosing your food so that your satisfied. I don't eat because I'm hungry. I eat because I'm happy or sad or frustrated or bored. It's all in my head. I REALLY hope I can have a good week and almost as important, a good weekend. I am 1.6 lbs away from meeting my 10%. I have been sooo close for about 6 weeks now. I need to move on.

Hope everyone is having a good week!! Stay strong

Last edited by Sandi; 04-16-2002 at 11:55 AM.
Old 04-16-2002, 12:02 PM   #9  

Default water...

I only got down about 50 ounces of water yesterday

But it's better than not drinking any.

Today I've had about 40 oz so far.

Bethanne-I hate women who are so small who whine about five pounds! I don't blame you for being pissed off. Especially since all their questions made you miss part of the meeting that you paid for.

Sandi-congrats on being so close to your 10% goal. You will bet there really soon

Jenniffer-Your picture is great!

When I get thinner I want to get a nice portrait taken. I think one of the last pictures of myself I actually really liked was my senior high school photo-fifteen years ago. That is really sad. I didn't even like my wedding pictures-and they were forty pounds ago.

Sherry
Old 04-16-2002, 12:04 PM   #10  

Default hi there bethanne

Hi,

Seems like you're usually on here during lunch hour

I've been craving a DQ blizzard ever since I saw a commercial for a new kind of brownie/chocolate blizzard....I'm trying to stay away, because I'll end up getting addicted to it. Just what I need, another chocolate dessert to end up liking.

Sherry
Old 04-16-2002, 12:26 PM   #11  
Losin It For GOOD!

Maybe this will help - as far as I've heard the new brownie choclate blizzard is.... 20 points for the small, 26 points for the medium!! Look out!!

Last edited by BA99TJ; 04-16-2002 at 12:28 PM.
Old 04-16-2002, 12:59 PM   #12  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Hi all just wanted to add that i am finally keeping up with the water. i also goet a mesaage from flylady and she is huge on the water so here is her letter. by the way jenniffer you are absolutly beautiful!!! nice to finally see you!!! and love the flea story!!!

OOPS i just read it and they say no reprints with out flyladys permission. UGH, i can forward it so if you PM me i can send it on to you!!
Old 04-16-2002, 01:05 PM   #13  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Jenniffer - great pic!! Hey you're a hottie already, what do you need to lose weight for ( )( only kidding)(not about the hottie bit)

Beth - I don't care what anyone says, there is a world of difference in how a person feels when that person has a lot of weight to lose compared to a person who has generally been thin all their life and only needs to lose 10 -20 lbs. Not that their fears and feelings are not valid but they can't possibly imagine what it is like to be the weight that we are and the challenges that we face. BTW how old are you that you can't find a weight loss buddy somewhere in here? Are you looking to have someone to e-mail on a daily basis? I'm almost 34 if that helps.

sherry - I know exactly what you mean, I want that chocolate extreme blizzard too!! especially now that the weather is warming up an ice cream sounds like a great idea. Well better stick to the popsicles.

sandi - I know you'll make that 10% really soon. You can do it!!

Well my big news is that I broke down and joined WW. I am getting desperate to get this weight off. I'm really committed to sticking to the program so I hope it will work. The bad news was that their scale is 10 lbs more than mine. Oh well, what can you do?

Take care all.
Old 04-16-2002, 01:40 PM   #14  
Long Time Member

Jen -

Congratulations on joining WW. I really think it's an awesome program. It can be done, just stick to it and be creative. For example, for lunch today I had 2 Fat Free hot dogs (1 point each) on Fat Free Buns (1 point each) 24 pretzels (2 points) and a small apple (1 point). Only 7 points later I am full!!!!

BethAnne - I have to ask...was your blizzard the new chocolate one? Was it good? Just wondering if it's worth saving up the points for!!!
Old 04-16-2002, 01:46 PM   #15  
Losin It For GOOD!

No I didn't try the new choclate one. Although I'm a TOTAL choclate addict, My stomach is REALLY starting to react in a bad way to major sugar/fatty foods for some reason, so I was scared of it

when I found out how many points the choclate one was I just about keeled over dead. I had my favorite blizzard which is the Mud Pie blizzard (coffe and choclate ice cream mixed) but instead of cookie bits, I have nestle crunch mixed in. We figured out for half of the small one I had, it was 8 points.

Jen - here's what I've eaten today, and I'm not a bit hungry

Breakfast -
4 slices lite Whole wheat toast with ICBINB spray - 2 points
2 cups of 1% milk (I like to get it in early!) - 4 points
48 oz. water

Lunch -
point free salad with 2 oz chopped up chicken breast and 3 tbsps of my favorite salad dressing (Cains Fat Free Cesar) - 3 points
30 frozen french fries (cooked in toaster) - 4 points
48 oz. water

I'm finding the water goes a LONNNNNGGG way towards keeping you full!!

Last edited by BA99TJ; 04-16-2002 at 01:48 PM.
Closed Thread