General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 10-16-2007, 12:27 PM   #1  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Default Week At The Gym

See if you can read this without laughing out loud....

This is dedicated to every woman who ever attempted to get into a regular workout routine.

Dear Diary,

For my sixty-fifth birthday this year, my daughter (the dear) purchased a week of personal training at the local health club for me. Although I am still in great shape since being a high school football cheerleader 47 years ago, I decided it would be a good idea to go ahead and give it a try.

I called the club and made my reservations with a personal trainer named Belinda, who identified herself as a 26-year-old aerobics instructor and model for athletic clothing and swim wear. My daughter seemed pleased with my enthusiasm to get started! The club encouraged me to keep a diary to chart my progress.

MONDAY :
Started my day at 6:00 a.m. Tough to get out of bed, but found it was well worth it when I arrived at the health club to find Belinda waiting for me. She is something of a Greek goddess - with blond hair, dancing eyes and a dazzling white smile. Belinda gave me a tour and showed me the machines. I enjoyed watching the skillful way in which she conducted her aerobics class after my workout today. Very inspiring!

Belinda was encouraging as I did my sit-ups, although my gut was already aching fro m holding it in the whole time she was around. This is going to be a FANTASTIC week-!!

TUESDAY :
I drank a whole pot of coffee, but I finally made it out the door. Belinda made me lie on my back and push a heavy iron bar into the air - then she put weights on it! My legs were a little wobbly on the treadmill, but I made the full mile. Belinda's rewarding smile made it all worthwhile. I feel GREAT-!! It's a whole new life for me.

WEDNESDAY :
The only way I can brush my teeth is by laying the toothbrush on the counter and moving my mouth back and forth over it. I believe I have a hernia in both pectorals. Driving was OK as long as I didn't try to steer or stop. I parked on top of a GEO in the club parking lot. Belinda was impatient with me, insisting that my screams bothered other club members. Her voice is a little too perky for early in the morning; and when she scolds, she gets this nasally whine that is VERY annoying. My chest hurt when I got on the treadmill, so Belinda put me on the stair 'monster'. Why the heck would anyone invent a machine to simulate an activity rendered obsolete by elevators? Belinda told me it would help me get in shape and enjoy life. She said some other stuff too.

THURSDAY :
Belinda was waiting f or me with her vampire-like teeth exposed as her thin, cruel lips were pulled back in a full snarl. I couldn't help being a half an hour late, it took me that long to tie my shoes. Belinda took me to work out with dumbbells. When she was not looking, I ran and hid in the restroom. She sent another skinny "Barbie doll" to find me. Then, as punishment, she put me on the rowing machine -- which I sank.

FRIDAY :
I hate that b**** Belinda more than any human being has ever hated any other human being in the history of the world. Stupid, skinny, anemic, anorexic little cheerleader. If there was a part of my body I could move without unbearable pain, I would beat her with it.

Belinda wanted me to work on my triceps. I don't have any triceps! And if you don't want dents in the floor, don't hand me the dang barbells or anything that weighs more than a sandwich. The treadmill flung me off and I landed on a health and nutrition teacher. Why couldn't it have been someone softer, like the drama coach or the choir director?

SATURDAY :
Belinda left a message on my answering machine in her grating, shrilly voice wondering why I did not show up today. Just hearing her made me want to smash the machine with my planner. However, I lacked the strength to even use the TV remote and ended up cat ching eleven straight hours of the Weather Channel.

SUNDAY :
I'm having the Church van pick me up for services today so I can go and thank GOD that this week is over. I will also pray that next year my daughter (the little brat) will choose a gift for me that is fun -- like a root canal or a hysterectomy. I still say if God had wanted me to bend over, He would have sprinkled the floor with diamonds!!!
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 12:40 PM   #2  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

Height: 5'5"

I got as far as wednesday without laughing. ^_^
I use to love the gym... now it's the "Evil room of pain!"
Sakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 01:24 PM   #3  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

That is TOO funny! ROTFL!
Cassie501107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 04:19 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 245/205/175

Height: 5'11"

LMAO (don't you wish we could), so funny. TFS =)
hotmama2three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 10:21 PM   #5  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

I got to Wed. when the tears started flowing. I couldn't even see the screen! Thanks for a much needed laugh!!!!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 10:31 AM   #6  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

Hahahahahahah!
Thanks!
freiamaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 10:50 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

ROFLMFAO!!!!!

I didn't even TRY not to laugh... this is HILARIOUS!
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 01:11 PM   #8  
Black Team TBL-WMB

S/C/G: 177/173/140

Height: 5'6'

too funny
losinitin07 is offline   Reply With Quote