Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 04:11 PM   #1  
GmaTo8

Smile Weight Loss & Chitchat #271

Hello and to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:14 PM   #2  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Was typing away and hit submit and it said the thread was closed, lol! Good thing I didn't lose my post. Anyway...

Hello ladies...

SASSY...hugs!

JULES...will have to check out those shoes.

JANE...thanks for the seeds!

SUE...chili eh? Today would have been a perfect chili day...it is a little chilly here. Hugs to your mom.

TRISH...glad the wedding went well and the in-laws are nice ones.

MARTI...don't work too hard.

Hi to everyone else

Today has been a worthless day, lol. I slept until 9, heard the dog so took him potty. He had been hiding under the bed since yesterday from 3 p.m. until then because of thunderstorms. So took him out and then went back to bed, lol. Must be the weather because I didn't get up until noon,YIKES! Oh well...guess we all need a day like that sometimes, lol. I did get up and get one of my new dvds done...the Leslie Sansone Walk & Jog...man what a work out. She said that if you do the jogging part (she has a lady do the low impact, no jogging) the 30 mn. dvd is equal to a 2.5 mile walk! This one has some different moves as well. Plus I did a little over 2 miles on the treadmill. And...I got two more of the new dvds in the mail today...Denise Austins Burn Fat Fast-Cardio, Dance & Sculpt & Preventions Dance it Off...can't wait to try them. Anyway...yakkity, yak.

Have a good day everyone!
Old 10-15-2007, 04:20 PM   #3  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Marti - I don't blame you a bit for just snuggling up with your honey after a hard day's work. Have a good evening.

Sue - I'll send you some seeds, too, some time this week. The weather here is so nice, but it's getting a little cloudy. Not sure if rain is on the way, or not, but we sure could use some.

Hi to anyone else reading this.

Well, you know what they say, "We make plans, and God laughs!". That was my day today. Caylin wasn't feeling well, so instead of going with Mary, she stayed with me, and has been "Grandma's girl" all day. Needless to say, I didn't get done what I wanted, but I sure had more fun with her, lol.

Food, water and exercise are all great! I have been including some protein with each meal, and I can tell the difference in my energy level.

Hope your day is going well.

TTFN,
Old 10-15-2007, 04:23 PM   #4  
GmaTo8

Cristina - you posted while I was composing, lol. The seeds are now on their way. Wow, you're doing great with the exercise. Let us know how you like the other DVDs, too. Aww, poor Ernie!
Old 10-15-2007, 06:28 PM   #5  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Wink Hi Ladies!

Hi Ladies.

TY all once again for keeping me in your thoughts.

DH went to the Orthopedist today for his knee. He went to one that I went too years ago for my ankle. I had really bad tendinitis in it and knock on wood after seeing that dr. it has never came back! We had forgotten all about him until mil mentioned him to DH. He is getting an MRI now of his knee. He said he'd fill me in on what all the dr said when he gets back.

Yes I'm glad I got the 3 days bereavement too, although I'm sure my boss will have a tissy over it. But nothing he can do about it. We tried and tried to get a hold of him on the weekend to let him know and he never answered his phone or his page, so not our faults.

Cristina -- Seems like you are doing fabulous darling! DH has said he has been feeling lots better since we've been eating better. We still haven't been exercising yet. But DH's knee has been killing him and so has my back. I think mine is due to this crazy weather though. I need to break out my WATP DVD too. I think I have a couple Denise Austin's too.

Sue -- Mmmmmmm Chili. Love it. Hope you are doing well.

Marti -- Earning extra cash for Christmas? lol. Don't work too hard.

Jane -- Awwww sorry to hear that Caylin wasn't feeling well. Glad your doing well w/ your food and exercise.

Hi to anybody I may have forgotten and to those MIA!

The neighbor's next door have a little yappy dog that barks constantly and drives me insane! We've told them about it and they don't seem to care. I hate to tell on them cuz they may end up having to lose their dog or move, but its driving me nuts!

Then their is some ding-dong outside blaring their music all hours as well. I just love apt. living. NOT! lol. We are still looking for a condo or house to rent. I found some in the Sunday Paper. I hope and pray we get out of here. I've had it! lol.

Well enough of my complaining. lmao. Tomorrow is my Grandpa's Funeral.

Old 10-16-2007, 09:08 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Good Morning

Sassy - So Sorry to hear about your Grandpa, but I agree that he is happy with you Grandma and family who went before him. That is how I felt when my Granddad passed away years ago. My real Grandmother had passed away when my Daddy was 6 weeks old and although my Granddad loved his wife who was the only Grandmother I knew, he never got over losing my Daddy's Mother. So the emotions at this time are mixed. You and your family are in my prayers.

To everyone else. I so loved my Sweatin to the Oldies tape and loaned it out and never got it back. It was my favorite exercise tape. I also enjoyed my 1 mile WATP but it is hard on my leg since the knee engery. Howeve, I recently read that Tai Chi (probably spelled wrong) is excellent when you get older because it helps your balance and keeps you from having falls as you get older. I have a dvd at home that I am going to start learning and using it when I go back home.

I am trying to stay within my WW pts, but I am finding it difficult to get my veggies in so I am trying to make it up with fruit, drinking plenty of water and have days that are very active and some not so active so it will be interesting to see how things go.

Guess I better close. Hope everyone has a great day. Will check in and write again when I can.

Trish
Old 10-16-2007, 09:49 AM   #7  
GmaTo8

Good morning, ladies!

Christmas is 10 weeks from today!

Sassy - I'm thinking of you today.

Cristina - man, you've lost a lot of weight, and toned up since the last pictures you shared, haven't you? Way to go!!

Trish - if you mix 1 T. lite Ranch dressing in 1/2 cup salsa, this makes an excellent dip for (free) raw veggies, and it's only 1 point. I'll check into the tai chi (?) dvds.

A big hello to everyone else.

Today is my pap smear and blood tests. Oh joy. At least the scales will be down from when I was there last. I'm not sure how my cholesterol will be, since it takes a while of clean eating to move it considerably. Tomorrow is 1 month exactly - that should help, at least.

Not much else going on.... have a good day!
Old 10-16-2007, 12:45 PM   #8  
One day at a time

Hello ladies...

JANE...yes, I have and I must say, it feels good! I am on cloud nine today I am so close to being in the 180's it is killing me. I don't like pictures of myself but those aren't so bad...cracks me up how many one has to take to get a decent one, you know, one we like, lol. I'm really critical of myself. Glad you had a nice time with Caylin...hope she is feeling better. Ugh, don't mention Christmas! I am not ready once again, lol.

SASSY...thinking of you today sweetie. Sorry to hear about DH's knee. I know how ya feel with the yappy dog...does get on ones nerves for sure.

TRISH...that video was my fav too! The kids even loved it! Last I saw it it was in one of their rooms and then we moved and haven't seen it since. But I have another on the way, woohoo!

MARTI...did you get to cuddle with James? Seems you and he are so busy with work.

Hi to everyone else

I've been up since 8 but haven't gotten much done. Had to run a couple of errands this morning. But...I do plan on getting my exercise done...as soon as I get off here. Doing a dvd, mowing the front yard and probably 1.5 mile walk. Spent quite a bit of time on this thing trying to get airline reservations for Josh to come home...man the times suck. I could have gotten the times and less layovers for $2200, yikes! Too much money and I know he wouldn't want to spend that much. I am just glad he is finally coming home, and for a whole month! Anywho...that's about all I have for now.

Oh, forgot to add my WI...I am down almost 1.5 pounds...so close to the 180's now it is killing me! I will be sooooo happy when I get to 189! Shoot, I am doing the happy dance now and I am just down to 190.6, lol! Gettin' there, slowly but surely.

Have a GREAT day ladies!
Old 10-16-2007, 08:55 PM   #9  
GmaTo8

I'm back....

Cristina - airline rates are so random! Now that Neal is retired, I check the box that says our flight dates are flexible, and you wouldn't believe the differences! Seems like they ought to be regulated better. Here's to your weight loss - 180's - here she comes!!!!

Ok, ladies, where is everyone else?????

My trip to the doc has left me scared. I didn't mention it to you guys, but in July, I had a small TOM after 3 years of menopause. Plus, I've had some cramping off and on for awhile. So now I have to get a pelvic ultrasound on Tuesday; blood work to check for ovarian cancer; and a biopsy of my uterus done in Evansville soon. I don't have the date for the biopsy yet; my doc has to fax my chart to them first.

On a positive note, my doc was very happy with my weight loss, and says she heartily endorses Weight Watchers. (I wore thin pants, instead of jeans, and took my shoes off, lol)

Tomorrow I'm having my monthly lunch with my niece Carol, and while I'm in town, I'm going to run some errands. I'll check in with you after that.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:38 AM   #10  

Height: 5'1"

Oh Jane!

My thoughts are w/you, and I hope all turns out to be ok and the doctor is just doing routine check ups.

I'll be thinking positive for you and if you need anything, you just holler ok!

Last edited by Marti; 10-17-2007 at 01:39 AM.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:21 AM   #11  
~Believe~

Cool

TY all.

Yesterday was ok until we got to the grave site. My Grandpa served in WWII so he had the military burial. That was my first one of those.

Haven't had much sleep at all. I guess its lucky I don't have to work until next week..........

Big Jane, I hope everything turns out well for you.

to all.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:09 PM   #12  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

Default Happy Hump Day Ladies!!

Jane--So sorry to hear your scary news, but it sounds like your doc is on top of things. T's & P's sent your way. You are doing so well with your weight. Isn't is great when your doc notices your weight loss and you get a smile instead of a lecture

Sassy--Thinking about you and your family. Hope you get some rest sweetie!

Cristina--Wow, you should see what is at the end of our street...a house all decorated for the return of a soldier. They have a huge banner in the front yard and a dozen 4 ft styrofoam yellow ribbons decorating the yard. Every window in the house has ribbons along with a gigantic american flag. I bawled my eyes out all the way home. Any news on Josh's return? I'm always thinking about you.

Big hugs to Marti, PJ, Sue, Trish, Jules...I'm getting a brain fart and know I'm missing a few. After finishing up all my steriods and antibiotics, I'm back to square one and feeling like crap. I called my pulmonary doc yesterday and I'm back on steriods and zithromycin for a full 2 weeks. I absolutely hate steroids!!! But I gotta breathe. I'll start looking like a sumo wrestler by new week On a happier note, I'm still heading to dance tonight, cough and all, gotta get some exercise. Beside, I won't have to cook cause they offer a buffet.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:57 PM   #13  
One day at a time

Hello ladies...

JANE...hugs to you.

TAMMY...Josh will be coming home next Friday, the 26th! The house be be like your neighbors but almost. I've got a banner and took the dirty, icky yellow ribbon off the tree yesterday. Will replace that with a new, clean one. Plus I am going to tie little ones all over the branches. Already have a banner blessing the troops which will stay and then a blue star flag in the window. He will be embarrassed but it will make his day at the same time, lol. I CAN'T wait! Me and DH also have t-shirts (each one different) that say WELCOME home/back from Iraq that we are wearing to the airport. Sorry you are having such trouble with the cold...hope it gets better soon.

SASSY...hugs to you too!

Nothing much going on today. Getting some things done that have needed to be done for a while. No exercise at this point yet...not feeling it. The weather is icky and I am feeling blah. Hoping this rain passes.

Have a good day!
Old 10-17-2007, 05:09 PM   #14  
GmaTo8

Just a quick hello to say thanks for the kind words.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:38 PM   #15  
~Believe~

Wink Hi Ladies.

Hi Ladies.

Well I did finally get some sleep and yes feel lots better, thanks.

Tammy -- TY hon and I hope you feel better.

Cristina -- Awwww I bet you can't wait to see your son.

Big to everybody.
Closed Thread