Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2002, 09:15 PM   #1  
Dancing those pounds away

Arrow 300+ and Ready to Try Again... #156

WELCOME

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

Old 04-15-2002, 09:35 PM   #2  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi all! Just found this amoungst a list of funnies in my e-mail and thought I would share it. It sure does explain things!

The older you get, the tougher it is to lose weight, because by then your body and your fat are really good friends.

2cute: I almost started a new thread the last time I was there, and then didn't. You do such a great job at it though!

Katrina: Someone told me salt and someone else told me vinegar. I think we're on the right track with one of them, just not sure which!

I'm gonna let you go.................again! Before I wear out my welcome!
Old 04-15-2002, 10:13 PM   #3  

Thin love your funny....allthough I hope it's not true....

I have been raking and digging and can barely move. I LOVE being outside and working but this old body isn't up for the challange....

Eating is so so...so much going on right now I just don't think about dieting. My Dad is 80 in May and I have to do his party, my sister some home at the end of June AND I have this "messy" farm to contend with. No wonder I eat!!!! Okay I know it isn't a good excuse but it felt good typing it.

What I couldn't so with a million or more dollars....at least I would have time to diet....
Old 04-16-2002, 03:16 AM   #4  

Hi everyone,

Monday, monday...Every one was hard at work today...

Does anyone know of a good low cal recipe website? I need to add some creativity in my eating. I'm beginning to get bored with subway for lunch. Anyhow something is seriously wrong with my plan. I haven't lost much since January. The bingeing could be the culprit. Who am I kidding, it is the culprit.

Lucky, I highly recommend a tub bath for those stiff muscles. I took a nap this afternoon and slept three hours. A little too much. I stand all day today at work and it was busy. I like cleaning the yard the best though. You can see your results versus working with customers. Today was out of this world. It was hot, everyone was cranky and in a rush. The "I'm frantically-trying-to-finish-my taxes" kind of look. My mom will be 80 years old in September. Don't know what we're going to do for her.

Thin, I hope I'll be able to break the long time friendship with lardy lard. She's one of those friends that never go home. I don't envy your mopping up job today. Argh. Hope it's almost done by now. At least your laundry room is spanking clean.

Well I'm off to look for recipes. See ya.
Malia
Old 04-16-2002, 08:02 AM   #5  

Malia, You are so right….I too have all the tools I just don’t use them to lose weight. Everytime I see a new diet or book I think, “Oh, this one will be the one…” I have finally learned to save my money because no diet will work for me if I don’t follow it!!!

I don’t have a tub!!!! I really miss it, especially after a hard day on my body.

WOW, Thin…the same thing happened to my co-worker. Maybe it’s “plumbing demons”….

Your leggings sound possessed also….I guess your new name is the Blue Lady.

Well, it's off to work. We are suppose to get severe storms today. It sure seems the weather dominates my life here.
Old 04-16-2002, 09:27 AM   #6  
a work in progress...

Exclamation Good Morning!

How's everyone today? I'm getting ready to go for the big weigh in @ Curves...according to the scale at work, my weight hasn't really changed much, but I know I've tightened up in places...and I can't wait to hear the body fat analysis...I will report results, come what may. I stayed TOTALLY OP yesterday, and plan to do so today. According to the Wendie Plan, I can have about 34 points today...hmmm...I just had my breakfast shake...today's was 6oz vanilla sf/ff yogurt, 4 oz OJ, 1 cup blueberries, 1/2 frozen banana and 4 oz jar of baby carrots, ...5 points and I'm full! I was a little skeptical about the baby carrots, but my sister uses them all the time in her shakes and loves it! I must say it was good and I've already gotten 3 fruit/vegetables in!

Yesterday, (planning ahead) I cut up grape tomatoes, fresh basil, some red onion, celery, garlic, added 1 Tbsp olive oil and 1/2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar...I've been letting it sit so all the flavors blend. I'm going to have bruschetta for lunch with this great bread I found...whole grain/sourdough bread ( and a sprinkling of mozzerella...I have to stop talking about food now...

Too tired now,,, must nap before Curves...bye bye,llllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Last edited by katrinabgood; 04-16-2002 at 03:18 PM.
Old 04-16-2002, 09:42 AM   #7  
Michigan Old-Timer

Good morning everyone! Yesterday was AWESOME!!!! I actually stayed OP! WooHoo! You know, they really need a little 'cheering' smilie. Let's see, can I use this one? Just pretend he doesn't have the dumbbell!!!!

My youngest son finally showed up last night around midnight. He had court this morning for a speeding ticket. I was going to go with him but he said he'd rather go by himself. So here I am writing to you and doing a tub of his laundry so that he'll have some clean clothes to take back with him. Guess he's growing up, eh???

LuckyLadyBug: It sounds like you were really busy yesterday. That's gotta count for some good exercise. It also sounds like you've got some pretty stressful times upon you. If dieting doesn't work well for you right now, just build in all the things you remember you need to do at the moment liking drinking water more often than other beverages. Like grabbing a piece of fruit instead of the candy bar, when you think of it. You might be pleasantly surprised that you will 'maintain' the loss you've already attained instead of 'gaining' if you just do the things that are good for you when you remember. This IS the voice of experience.....I have been 'maintaining' for over a year now! * "Plumbing Demons" I love it! * Ummmmm, 'the Blue Lady'. Do I like that better than 'the Bra Lady'????

Malia: My DH and oldest son finally finished re-installing the new tank at 11:00 last night. They were beat! I would love it that the laundry room is clean now, other than the fact that I have soooo much wet stuff down there that has to be re-washed.

Katrina: I can't wait to hear the results of your Curves outings. I'll bet you did much better than you think. You've been so diligent about going.

I hope everyone has a great day, I intend to!

"Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down." - Oprah Winfrey

Last edited by thinthinker; 04-16-2002 at 09:53 AM.
Old 04-16-2002, 10:17 AM   #8  

Talking Good Tuesday Morning

Well... I have found new muscles that I did not know I had.
My knees are usually my main pain... but these fat ole legs ache EVERYWHERE today. I guess that is suppose to be a "good" ache.... but I have my doubts. LOL The back of my legs are asking me "What the heck did you do to us?"

Thin... The Blue Bra Lady.
I also heard to use vinegar. It is the vinegar that sets the colors for Easter eggs.
glad to hear you got your hotwater tank set. We have had that happen to us twice... and I am sure it is about time for it to happen again. Thank goodness ours is in our garage. Of course I always have stuff on the garage floor when it happens.
Congrats on staying on program.!!!!!

kat... you had me drooling with your morning shake .. untill the baby food carrots. LOL
I have made a cake called "Chocolate surprise". You make it with sourkraut. You really do not taste it... and you get a serving of veggies too. LOL

Ladybug..It looks like it could storm here any second.
I only take showers and I have a tub. I fear if I get into the tub...I won't be able to get out. Or... that I would sitting in a dry tub because once I get in... the water will be forced out... there is only so much room in there. LOL

malia... did you find a good web site for your recipes??
I am not the person to ask for any kind of recipes.

Okay ladies...let's fill this page up. I am probably going to go see my parents this afternoon and spend the night. It has been over a week and I try to get there at least once a week since dad was put into the nursing home. I really hate not being able to do my bedroom while it is still new and exciting... but it will still be here when I get home.
Old 04-16-2002, 12:47 PM   #9  
I'm on my way!

Good afternoon everyone!

I too have been busy doing some major cleaning. You have all inspired me to get my rear in gear and clean. I started in the kitchen and picked up the living room then moved into my bedroom. I finally found the tv underneath about a foot of dust and the dresser too. My allergies are kicking in big time! I haven't finished in there yet because my dear baby boy woke up from his nap and I had to get him lunch. After he finishes his grilled cheese sandwich and milk I am taking him to the sitter's so he can play and I can tackle his room and get the carpet cleaned. Its a mess!

I did do a load of laundry, stripped the beds and made the kielbasa and cabbage soup. It was pretty good. It makes alot. It is 6 servings of 1 generous cup for 2 points. I had two cups and a skinny cow sundae cup for a total of 6 points. The soup is very filling. I had iced tea with it too...4 cups. I should be good till dinner time hopefully! I will be busy doing the bedrooms so I won't be thinking of food.

I guess I better run and make myself semi-presentable since I will be going out in public shortly. I'll catch up to you all later. Kat be sure to let us know how well you did!

Michelle
Old 04-16-2002, 05:39 PM   #10  
Progress..not perfection

Default Wow!!

My bathtub is getting bigger!!

Either that, or I'm getting smaller.

Now when I let the water out of the tub, it all goes out at the same time, instead of the water in front of me going out and then when I stand up, the rest going out!!

Life is getting better.

See you after WI.....not Wisconsin!

Last edited by QueenB; 04-17-2002 at 01:57 PM.
Old 04-16-2002, 06:53 PM   #11  
You and Me in 2003

A quick post before I'm gone again. Promised my Aunt I'd go with her to her revival tonight. Volunteered at the library 1/2 day today we had a book signing by a local lawyer who has started writing. We had a luncheon for the attendees. Used the left over goodies from Sunday check in later.
Old 04-16-2002, 07:53 PM   #12  
a work in progress...

Red face Good evening!

Well...I never made it ti Curves today. Once my head hit the pillow, I was DONE til about 2:30...then dh came home with a new lawn mower, and I had to go play with my new toy! I love cutting the grass! What a workout that was! Not only was my grass about 6 inces high in some spots, it was 90 defrees here today! Man did I sweat! Then we had to go vote.(school budget/Board of Ed) THEN my daughter had to go to work, son had to go to scouts...I will definitely go tomorrow AM. I could still go tonight, but I really don't like the girl that's there at night, plus I want the same person who originally measured me, to measure me.

I was looking for a sleeveless shirt to wear while cutting today... (fat, tanned arms look much better than fat white arms) I couldn't pull out summer stuff yet (too much effort) so I found an old shirt of dh's...way in the back of the closet...a short sleeve button down, size XL, which used to fit me everywhere but the bottom button...just couldn't get it across the "sub paunch" without endangering the eyesight of all nearby dogs and small children! If that button popped, I'd put an eye out! ANYWAY... I tried it on, it FIT, bottom button and all, so I cut the sleeves off and merrily went on my way! (It was destined for the rag bag anyway) So that's my success story du jour...that and the fact that I am still OP! I almost chucked it all when I found a little box of Oreos stashed away...I ate 5 and thought...OK, stop, count those points and move on...no guilt, no beating myself up because I cheated! I'm still well under my points for the day, so I'm OK.

I thought of what 2cute had said...I would normally feel guilty for eating, even when I am hungry, like being fat does not entitle me to hunger, especially hunger for a treat.
NO MORE STINKIN' THINKIN'!!
I will eat within my program and be happy with my choices...and if they are less than the best I could do, I will make up for it at the next meal...this is an ongoing process. Each and every day is NOT going to be 100%. Expect that, and deal with the bad days as best we can...let's even give ourselves permission to HAVE a bad day and move on. It all ebbs and flows... So I guess that's my Tuesday Tip...

I'm going to do some yoga and lie down...I am actually getting better at some of the moves!

Have a great night...love to all!
Old 04-16-2002, 09:23 PM   #13  
Progress..not perfection

Default Back from WI....not Wisconsin

Well, I am back from WI, and ANOTHER 3 POUNDS GONE!!! Holey moley! Girls, in 3 more pounds, I am in the 2's. Do you even know how long it's been since I've been in the 2's? I can't even remember! I hope that doesn't mean since I will no longer be 300+, that I have to leave the group. Ha Ha! Just try to keep me away! I could never leave the group that actually helped me get to where I'm going. You listen to my highs, my lows and all my in-betweens. What would I do without you? And after my meeting, I came home and gave myself a treat. Not real real healthy, but I deserved something good, but would make me feel like I was being bad! I came home and browned a pound of ground turkey with one large onion, (I chopped it fairly large) then after it was cooked and drained, I got 12 of the WOW tortilla chips, which if you've seen them, they are very big. (All 12 are only 3 pts) Then I weighed out 5 oz. of the ground turkey and onions, (which was a very good sized portion) (6pts) and sprinkled the meat and onions over the top of the chips and then took 3 slices of fat free cheese (2 pts.) and broke it apart into pieces and laid it over the top of the meat and chips and melted in the microwave, and I felt possitively sinful eating it and it was only 11 points!! And it made a very large serving & it was delicious! The only thing that would have made it better was to add some FF sour cream to it, but I didn't have any. Oh well, it was still to die for!
I also appreciate all this exercise you ladies have been getting lately, but I am still a slug! I have been doing my walking video, but that's about it. 3rd shift is about to get the best of me, although I do have to say, tonight is my last night on 3rds, so hopefully life can get back to close to normal, whatever that is. It has been so beautiful here lately, I actually find myself wanting to do things outside and that is totally wierd for me! Not a real "outdoorsy" type of gal, but I am trying to do better.
Well, I guess I better hop off of here for now, see you guys later and I will make time for individual replys. Hope your all having a great day!
Old 04-17-2002, 02:25 AM   #14  

Smile

Not a lot of posts since noon.... but what great ones are here !!!!

Tina....CONGRATULATIONS !!!!
WOW !!! that is super.... in the 200's again !!!!
I am so happy for you ... what a wonderful feeling that must be.
You are such an inspiration !!!!

And as far as you being a slug.... excuse me.... I have NEVER seen a slug doing a walking video.
YOU stop right now and pat yourself on the back and say "Tina... you are doing good girl !!!"
I am sooo happy for you I could cry. These are tears of happiness. (does someone have a hanky I could use) LOL

Kat... what an awesome Tuesday Tip !!! I just love it.
I got a laugh out of your "Tan fat arms" vs "White fat arms"
Do you have any tips on how to get the bottom side of your arms tan? LOL I always have this LINE running down my arms. I get out in the sun... but so much of my arm touches my body that i don't tan on the bottom. I have tried sitting with them turned out as much as possible... but an old lady can only hold her fat arms up for so long.
Have any of you tried self tanning lotions?? I hear that a few of them are pretty good now... dont turn you

orange any more like they used to.

Well ladies... I just about did myself in Monday. LOL
I had to take today and 2 Aleve to recuperate. LOL
I was suppose to go see my parents... but there was no way I was going to face my mom being so immobile. LOL
It is hard enough to fake being active when I am not suffering from every muscle in my body acheing. LOL
I am heading out definitely tomorrow. I am spending the night too since it has been a week since I have been there.
Then I come home... wash and pack for a trip to see my daughter at college for the weekend. She is going to help me shop for my bedroom and I am going to attend a banquet she is helping put on.
I will try to get in here as often as possible.

My food was pretty good today. I was really proud of myself for cutting back on portion sizes. I did end up eatting a fairly large bowl of Special K for dinner at 10pm.... but nothing else with it... no toast, no sugar... and skim milk. I was out shopping until 9pm ... and I felt that was better than some fast foods or a can of spaggetti-o's.

I am out of here.... My tuesday tip....

Don't wait for it to happen... MAKE IT HAPPEN !!!!
Old 04-17-2002, 02:33 AM   #15  

Angry OOooppss...

I just reread Tina's post.... You lost 3 lbs... and just 3 "more" pounds you will be in the 200's. Ooppss...

Well save that big congrats for next week...
I know you will be there soon if not then.
You still get a big CONGRATS for those 3 you lost !!!!
but I will save my tears for the BIG 2 !!!
Closed Thread