Old 10-15-2007, 09:54 AM   #1  
Katy66

Height: 5'6"

Default Oct 15 - 21 Friends and Losers Thread

Good Morning - I can't believe I'm postiing at almost 10am and no one has started this week's thread.

" It is reassuring to know that I can control how I feel and what I do on any given day. The way I choose to see the world, creates the world I see."
--- Joan Lunden
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 10:01 AM   #2  
LAWL Salt Police

Morning Katy.. It's only 8:00 am here, so it's still early by my calculations!

Just a drive by post right now, however.. I've got to go put on the Smokey Bear suit this morning and thrill some kiddos!

Have a POP day, all!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 10:48 AM   #3  
LAWL since 9/06

GM everyone,

Well this weekend was really nice. We took the kids to the Balloon Fiesta Saturday morning and had a great time. Did pretty good eating breakfast, however, lunch is a different story. We went to a place called Weck's and had breakfast for lunch. Really over did the starches and did feel like sh*t after all that. I am not sure it has shown up yet because I am 168.8 this morning.

Yesterday was a day for me to spend in my pajamas until like 2pm. I did some cleaning and just figured I guess I had better get dressed now. But it sure felt good to just laze for a while.

Hope everyone has a great POP day and I will check in again later.

Liz
LizzyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 11:21 AM   #4  
Plan #3-no lites

S/C/G: 198/179/150

Height: 5'5"

Wow, it's 11:19 and only 3 posts. Am I missing something? I had a great weekend, but I had a horrible eating weekend. It was my anniversary & my DH's birthday. I didn't eat any cake, but I probably should have because I ate everything else in sight!! The scales haven't changed either good or bad, but we'll see if they have tomorrow. Goal for the week is staying POP!!

I hope everyone has a great day!
KSingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 12:08 PM   #5  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

No, Krista.....you aren't missing anything........it's just another manic monday

LIZA........I am sooo envious. I cannot knit. I have tried, and tried, and tried. I can crochet.......but no knittig for this girl. The bunting is beautiful You friend is very lucky.....that is a lot of time you have invested in that gift I am glad you are feeling better, and I am glad you are back

Joni.......I hope your travels are going well. I hear you about cleaing up the mess after doing any project. I hate that too. I am a terrible quilter, cuz I really need the instant gratification. And then I wonder why I have issues.......lol.

I think I am going to lowlight my hair today. I am really tired of it. I'll let you know how that goes. I am never happy when I make it darker......but I am one of those blondes that looks like a bleach blonde even when I am not. Especially in tbe fall after the sun has bleached my hair so much. The dark roots really arent' all that flattering. They are cute when you are 17.........not so much when you are 37.

Well, I have a small confession. I was POP all weekend until last night. DH and I made jumbeliah last night.......and I just had to try it. That wasn't so bad, but I chased it with a soft serve ice cream cone..........and some graham crackers.........and a few cheetos. I then finished the binge off this morning with 4 doughnuts. I have issues. But, I feel confindent I can finish the day out OP. That is what thin people do.........well, not that they binge like a psycho......but if they do indulge........they just move on and eat healthy. That is my plan.

Ok, have to go unbury my boys. DH and I went and got a yard of sand for their sand mound yesterday, and they are having the time of their life
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 12:21 PM   #6  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hey everyone. just thought i'd check in. had a short day at work today so i think i'm gonna get a nice relaxing bath and a nap in. i really should workout since i only did once last week, but this tiredness and morning sickness are really starting to get the best of me. i haven't been throwing up yet, but more nauseated to the point where i don't want to do anything...except for eat a few kashi cracker and a diet coke...which seem to be helping, but it takes an hour or more to subside, then it's back again. ugh. i'm such a horrible pregnant person, i just dispise every part of the 9 months. i know that sounds bad, but i just really don't like it at all.
i haven't been giving into my cravings much yet..just a few things hear and there..but nothing major and it's not constantly. i just have been eating more starches than i should due to the icky tummy. other than that i've been doing ok.
had some amazing veggie sushi and ate 12 pieces..which is way more than i normally eat and the sad thing was i was still pretty hungry after i ate all of that! but i think that's going to be one of my cravings durning this pregnancy...can't be that bad for me since it's rice, veggies and nori paper.

by the way, thanks for all the great comments on my new hair. i really love it. and it's the first time ever that i have never cried after getting my hair cut! everyone loves it with the exception of a few people at work who were more attached to my hair than i was and i think they probably cried! ha! oh and my dad, but he's one of those men who thinks that all women should have long hair...that's probably why he completely lost it when i shaved my head when i was a freshman in high school. ha!

nicole--i have that manic monday song in my head now! thanks! better than a few other 80's songs i suppose!

have a holiday meeting in raleigh this week, i'm riding with a few other managers, hopefully i'll make it the whole trip without having to pull over to puke..i'd hate to make us late on account of me vomiting! oh well.

gonna go and rest now. be back later.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 01:04 PM   #7  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Jillian - me too with the manic monday song.... lol

Hope everyone has an awesome week. The scale is showing a loss at home, but I wont make that official until I WI on Wednseday. I dont trust my scale, I bought it at a yard sale and I have to set it at 10 lbs instead of 0 to be anywhere near my correct weight! lol

Nicole, how many times have you encouraged me after my binges, ummm lemme count. 4928347 times, now, you can get back on track, were here for ya, Go play in the sand with them kids and burn some cals!!!
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 01:15 PM   #8  
Katy66

Height: 5'6"

Kimberly - Too funny about the scales. I have to set my about 4lbs higher to match what the COD says that I have, but then I'm always playing with it since you can step on it 10 times in a row and get 10 different weights. I think I need a set of battery operated scales

Jillian - Your hair looks great! I hope the morning sickness doesn't hit you during the drive..... I always found eating protein first thing when I got up really helped. I would have cheese and some crackers to settle my stomach before I did anything else.

Lizzy - the balloon fiesta sounds like lots of fun and pajama days are the best. My DD asks for them now

Nicole - Doughnuts are SO HARD TO RESIST! You are right, the trick is a quick recovery to better eating. Good luck with being POP today.

As for me, I did [I]okay[I] this weekend. A few extra liquid fruits that I should have avoided but all in all not too bad. I've banned the stuff from the house this week though so the temptation won't be there after a hard day. Did get some exercise in as well and plan on a workout this afternoon + I've been POP so far today.

Hello to everyone else out there I've missed.....Joni, Amy, AmyLou, Dan, Kimberly.............. Hope you all have a great day!
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 01:57 PM   #9  

I went for a WI this morning and I GAINED 2 lbs!!!! Errrrrrrr!!!!!
MastiffGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 02:15 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

It is quiet here today!

Second day of TO for me. This time I have the official juice from the COD. I feel lighter today. I also made myself get up and do the 5:45AM spin class today. I often give myself a pass on exercising when I'm on TO, but not this time. I did not push myself very hard today though.

I have a digital scale so there is no adjusting to it. It almost always agrees very closely with the COD, although the COD might be 0.2lb kinder to me. I think I've just weighed on the one at home enough to know the exact position where to stand to get the best weight. Hey whatever it takes to get a number I like! If that is even possible.

Felicia, I hope your DD is not coming down with anything. I have a hard time seeing my DH up high too. He goes and cleans the gutters sometimes, and really the back of our house is like 40 feet off the ground (it is on a major hill so there are 3 stories and then about 10-12 feet to the ground from the bottom of the basement). You just know that a slip from up there would be a very bad thing. Luckily he has not been too hard to convince to hire someone to clean the gutters... although all the fir trees around our house mean it needs to be done all the time.

Liza, What a lovely knitted bunting you made! I hope you are feeling better.

Katy, After the A&W rootbeer, I indulged in liquid fruit also... and now there is an open bottle of wine in the fridge (I did manage to have only one glass). Oh well... maybe my DH will drink it all before I get weak again.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 02:19 PM   #11  
Liza - LAWL since 6/17/07

Height: 5'4"

Nicole - I'm sorry you went off plan this morning but you've got the right mindset!!! Knitting does take more time and patience than crocheting but it is worth it. I used to make some beautiful things back in the day and hopefully this will turn out beautiful too. So far, it's looking very nice! I asked her what colors she'd like and she said she likes lime green and blue. I was aiming for the green in the picture but what I got looked different once it was out of the store. The green in the pic looks more seafoam and this is a very bright lime. I think I'm going to tone it down with a dark blue trim around the hat and sleeves. I also am using a regular weighted yarn rather than baby yarn since she's up in the NW and in February will appreciate something nice and warm. I hope it turns out as nice as it's aspirations!

Dan - I think we need a picture of you in that bear costume.

Lizzy - I spent my Sunday exactly the same way. It was nice to just laze around for more than half the day.

Jillian - Geez I want an eggnog or pumpkin spice latte now. It's actually the perfect weather for it here today... cloudy, some drizzle and much cooler than the norm.

Kimberly - My fingers are crossed for a great WI on wed for you!

Katy - good job staying mostly OP!

As for me, today I go into COD for the first time in two weeks. I hadn't gained or lost during my sick time and was looking forward to COD up until this morning. TOM came to visit and brought 2lbs. Jerk.
lizababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 03:00 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Kelly, perhaps you are just retaining water or something like that.

Liza, TOM is always very bad for me and WI. I've taken to just skipping the COD one week a month. I know it is bad of me, and I didn't do it until I started maintenance. Green is a tricky color. I painted my bathroom a seafoam green color that looked more mint when it got on the walls, but now after a couple of years it has faded to a color I can live with (or the thought of repainting just sounds so awful that I've talked myself into liking it).
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 04:07 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

morning all, I think I have finally recovered from last weekends wedding outing. it took me nearly all week to get it out of my head that every meal was not a party! Sat. was my first POP day, and Sat, and Sunday felt like the first few days of a diet, when you think "I can't live on this small of amounts of food!!" but today my stomach and my head have made peace. ahhhh. so no more thinking I can go off plan for even one meal, because it takes waaaay too long for me to recover.

so heres to a great week. I feel like I lost a week. I am not more than I was a week ago, but I am not less either. NO MORE FOOLIN AROUND!
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 04:37 PM   #14  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

yeah..........that's what she said.......lol

I am so with you, Lettie!!! If I go off for a meal........it takes me a week to get it right again.

You are all welcome for the manic monday tune. I like to do that to my sis.........she gets all mad at me cuz those songs get stuck in her head all day long. I usually try to make it as annoying of a song as possible.

Hey Mastiffgirl.........the sclae is the devil.

Ok, have to run now...........I dyed my hair and it looks kinda mousy. I will try to get my girl to take a pic. It's not too cute Oh well, it will wash out eventually. I HAVE to get some housework done now.
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 04:49 PM   #15  
Alannah

S/C/G: 260/231/140

Height: 5'3"

Happy Monday everybody...

I have come to the conclusion that packing is highly overrated!! I hate hate hate it. I am to the point that some stuff I can't pack yet as I don't have the bigger boxes I need until tomorrow night and also it is the stuff I need for day to day. I know I am going to get my exercise thursday friday and saturday going up and down my stairs to this third floor apartment. At least this time when carrying things I am going down the stairs. But I am hoping to move a lot of the smaller things and stuff not in boxes those three days. Right now it is supposed to rain on the weekend - go figure. Hopefully between now and then that will change.

Today was insurance day - set up one and cancel the other, go take more paperwork to the lawyer, and go price some stuff that I need to get next week after I move. I am not buying anything before I go cause I have to lug enough stuff without buying more!!

But this week I will definitely get exercise in so that should count for something huh? All those stairs should burn at least a few calories here and there.

One great thing happened last week though...thanks to facebook my best friend from high school who I have not seen nor talked to in almost 17 years found me. I had looked for her before but she had not joined. She finally did and sent me a friend invite last week. Now we have been catching up and emailing and talking on msn. Internet can be really good at times!!!

I'll check in later and see how you guys are doing...have a great day/evening!!!
equinetcan is offline   Reply With Quote