View Single Post
Old 10-13-2007, 08:30 AM   #110
jaaaaay

First name (if you want to tell): Jackie
Meaning of user name: first 2 letters of my first name, extended long enough with a "y" at the end so that nobody else has taken the name
Geographical location: Toronto, Canada / Phoenix, AZ
Marital Status: Single, but wishing for a bf.
Children/Ages: None
Pets: None
Hobbies/Interests: Reading, cooking, working out
Height: 5'7
Eye/Hair Color: Black
Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: June 2006
Starting Weight/Present/Goal Weight: started at 140, now maintaining at 121-125, but preferring the lower side
Problem: Compulsive over-eating, binging
Plan/Way of Eating: Combination of calorie counting, eating according to Canada's Food Guide, but avoiding dry carbs and starches
Favorite exercise: I love anything I can do with friends - rock climbing, biking, hiking, etc. At the gym, I love swimming, step class, yoga & this low impact aerobics class that I must do every week.
Favorite movies: Legally Blonde, While You Were Sleeping, The Road Home (Zhang Zi Yi's debut film in Chinese)
Favorite books/plays: Sweetness in the Belly; A Fine Balance; Eat, Love, Pray; Heart Matters by Adrienne Clarkson; Waiting by Ha Jin; Angels and Demons
Music: Mostly Chinese music, and then listening to hip hop radio stations
Favorite Quote(s): "For me, forgiveness and compassion are always linked: how do we hold people accountable for wrongdoing and yet at the same time remain in touch with their humanity enough to believe in their capacity to be transformed?"
-bell hooks
Favorite People (dead and living): all my dear friends and family
People I can’t stand:
Places you’ve been: I haven't travelled much, but I've lived in China, Hong Kong, UK, Las Vegas, Phoenix and now here in Toronto
Places you want to visit: Everywhere! Going to Hawaii in 2 weeks. I'm really excited!
Pivot’s questions (don’t think too long, answer as fast as you can)
01. What is your favorite word? happiness
02. What is your least favorite word? smart
03. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? anything that i've never encountered before
04. What turns you off? tunnel vision
05. What is your favorite curse word? lately been saying F*** mentally a lot
06. What sound or noise do you love? birds and leaves rustling
07. What sound or noise do you hate? white noise, like fans in the bathroom, clocks, fridges, etc
08. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? registered dietician or fitness instructor
09. What profession would you not like to do? can't think of one
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? You've done well.
Any other tidbits you would like to share: I've never been overweight per se, but ever since gaining that unwanted 20 lbs in 3 mths back in 2006, I've been obsessed with food, had problems with body image and only now, am trying my best to recover from my extremely bad binging habits.
jaaaaay is offline   Reply With Quote