Old 10-11-2007, 09:31 AM   #1  
PUGMOM

S/C/G: 168/168/125

Height: 5'3 1/2

Default Gold vs. Green

Cansomeone tell me the difference between Gold & Green. I am losing weight slowly on gold . I now have 2P 2S 3FR 1FT 1D 3V & 2 LITES. Does anyone think it would hurt to alternate??????????????????
TERZALPAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 10:07 AM   #2  
doing LAWL since May25/07

S/C/G: 174.4/132.5/130.0

Height: 5'1"

I asked this the other day and green is 1 less fruit and 1 less veg a day.
NaomiZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 11:32 AM   #3  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Height: 5'7"

That is correct NaomiZ. You also STARVE on Green. I hated it. Wasn't on it but a few weeks, but was ALWAYS Hungry. I wouldn't push to move to it, myself.
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 12:02 PM   #4  

Height: 5'2"

Hi Pugmom,
If you want to speed up your weight loss on gold, have you tried replacing one or both of your lite bars with either a lite drink or lite shake? The drinks and shakes are lower in calories and sugar. I just had a hot chocolate and I think it tastes good and with the weather change it is perfect for today. I also love the shakes, chocolate and vanilla (in envelopes). These lite shakes are not to be confused with the Slimdown which is a different product all together. If I were you, I would try replacing one of the lite bars with a lite drink or shake and see if that helps.

In my opinion, with your height and current weight, you are too far up the scale to consider going down to green. If you truly want to get down to 124 and not seriously "stall out", you need to stay on gold and just make some lower calorie choices, vary your food selection, and look at how much exercise you are doing. Just don't get discouraged and keep up the good work.

week 40
LAWL franchise center
Plan 2 with lites
total lost 50 lbs.
Motto - My new motto is - I know how this _______ tastes. I have had it before. I will have it again someday, just not today……..
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 02:05 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Lynn, If you like coffee, try the Cafe Au Lait Lite, it is yummy, Kind of like the Hot Chocolate, only coffe flavored.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 10:38 PM   #6  
ViolinCyndee

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguerin View Post
That is correct NaomiZ. You also STARVE on Green. I hated it. Wasn't on it but a few weeks, but was ALWAYS Hungry. I wouldn't push to move to it, myself.
Hmmm I don't find myself starving on Green. I must have a slow metabolism..
ViolinCyndee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 11:45 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Height: 5'4"

I was told I wouldnt switch to green until I got to 134, that aint happening! LOL
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 01:55 PM   #8  
Going for the Gold 8/8/07

Pugmom,
You and I are in the same boat. I'm stuck between 155 and 152 and my goal is 125. My COD did say that most people don't make it down to green, that they reach their goal on gold and that once you are on green it's only to lose the last few pounds or so. I wouldn't recommend changing because then where do you go once you plateau or slow down again? My COD says if you haven't been a certain wait for a while it takes your body time to adjust to being your new weight. She also did say to replace one bar a day with a shake so that advice earlier was right on! Maybe replace some of your starches for the lighter ones like the 6 wheat thins and maybe replace a meat protien with PB or nuts a couple days a week. Hope this helps...
elliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 03:39 PM   #9  
ViolinCyndee

I am down 3 pounds since last Monday, since I switched to Green. It is definitely working MUCH better for me than Gold has been. I gave my body plenty of time to adjust but hadn't been losing weight for several years!! I am glad I switched.
ViolinCyndee is offline   Reply With Quote