Old 10-11-2007, 09:40 AM   #1  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

Default I'm Struggling, but Not Giving Up

I have been struggling so hard lately with food. This truely is so very very hard! I keep sabatoging myself with eating wonderfully on plan all day long. It is after supper that gets me. I am proud of myself for not completely giving up. Before I would have just said the heck with it, this is too hard.

I keep tripping and falling down, but I refuse to just lay there. I will get up again, again, and again if I have to. All the advice here is great, I am fighting this battle within myself and I am tired. I dont want to fight with myself anymore, eating well, then destroying it all in about 5 minutes.

I am going walking at lunch today....this is a new day...(Thank You God)...and I am not looking back. Stupid idiotic food will not ruin my efforts today, will not make me sad and discusted with myself and will not frigging win today. I am strong and will do this.

Sorry...just had to see this written down for myself.
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 09:46 AM   #2  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Maybe switching around what you eat and when can help you with cravings. Is it true hunger that triggers you, is it habit, is it something else? Perhaps if you post your average daily menu, we can suggest some fine tuning that may help?

Chin up! You CAN do this!
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 09:51 AM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

We're all rooting for you.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 09:53 AM   #4  
doinTHEbestIcan

Height: 5'4"

MUG, we can both do this!! I am in the exact same position!! It is sooo hard right now, but I have yet to give up!!

Let's get it girl!!
mrsgeb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 09:56 AM   #5  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Excellent, Chicklet!!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 09:58 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

Hey Mug!

Have you tried planning an after-dinner treat to look forward to?

Last night the kids and I made sugar free Jell-O chocolate pudding with NF milk. It was really good and sweet and only 70 calories. 1 WW point.

You can do this!!!
ggmugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 09:59 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

You definitely CAN do this. Every day is a new day, and you can make good choices no matter what happened the day before. I love what you said about how the "food will not win" today. That's exactly right -- you have to make sure that YOU win over bad choices. You can enjoy food and not make it the enemy, but you also have to remember that YOU are the one in control over what goes into your body. God knows I slip all the time, but if we make sure we're in control and we're CHOOSING rather than just allowing ourselves to fall into traps of temptation and all that, then the weight will come off. Trust me!! I can sense the determination in your post, so I know you're gonna make it!!!
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 10:09 AM   #8  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Hey Mug!!! You can do this!!!
I agree with the post about planning for a snack at night. Plan it in to your meal plan, and eat it when you get hungry then carry some water around with you this is what I do when I know I am going to want to snack late at night. You can do this!!!!

cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 10:12 AM   #9  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

I am gonna try the planned after dinner snack thing and water. That is a good idea.
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 10:18 AM   #10  

S/C/G: see ticker

Mug,
YOU CAN DO IT!!!! We know you can! Look how great you've done so far!!
I agree...the planned snack at night helps greatly!!!
PeggyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 10:22 AM   #11  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Mug,

I have to say that you can do this. It is hard to change old habits but it is doable. I have struggled many times with my eating but it has been seeing myself through the struggle that allowed me to get to the point where I could find my way and start losing again. You are not alone.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 10:43 AM   #12  

Height: 5'5"

I really struggle with after-dinner eating as well. It's the time when I'm unwinding, and historically, the evenings have often been the time when I took in all of my calories for the day. (I often believed I was "too busy to eat" during the day.) Now, I almost always walk when I feel the urge to snack out. If I do high-energy walking, it almost always kills my snackiness and reminds me that I am working too hard for this to sabotage it for the sake of a habit that I never really liked anyway.

I really admire your courage in not giving up. That's really what it's all about.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 10:56 AM   #13  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Mug, you CAN do this. KNOW it. Because you can. I'm sure of it. It IS doable.

I agree you should plan a nice snack for the evening.. Maybe some cut up fruit. Some frozen grapes (thanks Heather). A raw veggie platter. A large salad with balsamic vinegar. One of my very favorites - non-fat, sugar free yogurt, partially frozen with 1/4 cup of Fiber one mixed in. I also like to have a hot, flavored cup of tea. For some reason, it makes me feel very grown up and sophisticated. And special. I know, it's silly. But it's like my special quiet time. It also makes me feel so good, that I'm choosing the tea INSTEAD of eating. I either read along with the tea or watch a little TV. You might want to try taking a hot bubble bath in the evenings as well. Give yourself a manicure or pedicure. Take up knitting, crocheting or needlepoint. Exercise. Put a DVD on and get moving. Come on the computer. Find healthy recipes. Pop onto 3FC and read and read and post. The point being to find something that you can do and look forward to INSTEAD of eating.

Hang tough. Be strong. Be real strong. This is a breakable habit. Don't give into the urge to eat. Just because you FEEL like eating something, doesn't mean you HAVE to. Nothing terrible will happen to you if you don't, just the opposite in fact.

I am proud of you for not giving up. You have the right attitude and that's half the battle.

Last edited by rockinrobin; 10-11-2007 at 10:57 AM.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 12:20 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 343/293/199

Height: 5'8"

(((HUGS))) Your right, this is hard, but you CAN do this!!!! Keep up the good work.
xJox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 01:55 PM   #15  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Hang in there Mug!

One thing I do (because I also struggle with eating after dinner) is have a late afternoon snack and eat dinner late. That way it's both dinner and late night eating. 8 is late for me, considering I used to eat dinner around 6.
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote