Old 10-11-2007, 08:00 AM   #1  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Default A Picture Tells A Thousand Words

Have you taken any "before" pictures?

As of Tuesday, I gained .6 of a pound and I've not been able to make the scales come back down. Yes, I went off-plan Sunday evening, but I've been 100% on-plan since then and I'm working-out for an hour each day. Sometimes, I get so discouraged that I can't seem to lose the big numbers that some of my friends here can lose each week. I thought that I could buckle down and maybe reach One-derland by the end of the year. That doesn't really look like a possiblility......heck, I can't seem to get out of the 230's! I've been in them since July 30th. Anyways.....I've let myself get discouraged yet again. Hubby keeps telling me that I've really gotten smaller...but, you know how it is. I'm not really sure he's telling me the truth, or just what I want to hear because he knows I'm dieting.

In February, I shimmied into a sports' bra and some skintight leggings and had Hubby take some pictures.....side views, back view, front view. Wow! There is nothing like a picture to really tell you the truth...in a thousand words! I was disgusted that I had let myself get like that, but I was motivated to make a change.

Last night, I shimmied into that same sport's bra and not-as-skintight leggings and had Hubby take some new pictures. Then, I did a side-by-side comparison. Wow!...what a difference after just 33 pounds! My tummy doesn't look like I'm pregnant anymore...and, my tush is smaller and it has lifted right back up where it belongs So, have the breasts...I've gotten a natural breast lift! And, I've lost my back boobs!

I've not lost as much weight as I was hoping for at the beginning of the year. And, I've not lost as many inches as I'd hoped for....I've lost a total of 17 1/2....but, my body looks very very different and this is so very encouraging despite the numbers on the scale.

So, have you taken pictures yet? I know that some of you are afraid of the camera, but I encourage you to be brave. You might be amazed.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 08:26 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

I'm glad you've seen a difference! And just think where'd you be if you didn't start on this journey >.<

You make an excellent point. I didn't take any official "before" pictures, but maybe I should take some "during" pictures now, just to have to look at and compare a few pounds down the road.

Thanks Rhonda
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 09:44 AM   #3  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Ya know, the sports bra/tight leggings pic is a good idea....I'll ask my partner to help me with this before I lose too much more! I know I will need to see with my own eyes the difference!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 10:16 AM   #4  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

I am so glad you are seeing this difference, doesn't it feel good??
I should have taken a body picture a few months ago, but I didn't have digital camera, and the only pics I have are face shots, I have one pic from the newspaper( we were in it) , and I hid behind my daughter, that is how much I hate pics. My husband took a pic and to me I still see myself as a obese cow in the pic. I hope one day to over come this, but for now I can't.
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 10:50 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

rhonda, you are very brave. I have hardly any pix of myself for the last 10 years, and didn't take any before I started to lose. I just couldn't face it and I don't think I could face it now either. I know I'll be sorry I don't have them eventually, but I just can't do it.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 11:03 AM   #6  

Height: 5'5"

It is so wonderful to hear about the encouragement you're getting from your pics, Rhonda. I've said it several times before, but I am in awe of your stick-to-itiveness despite your many obstacles.

I am allergic to pictures, unfortunately, and always intended to take "befores" but never did. However, I unearthed a photo from last November that shows most of my body. It is really nice to be able to see the difference.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 11:13 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 225/145/145

Back Boobs! That is so funny. I know exactly what you mean!

I think it's great that you were brave enough to take the before picture. I was not brave enough and really wish I had one now.

I'm so excited that you are using that picture to get your motivation back. You have come so far and like you said a picture is worth a 1000 words. Way to go!
tingirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 11:30 AM   #8  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

I wish I had thought to take a pic when I first started this journey. We started looking for pics, we found one from a couple of summers ago but that was it.

Hard to find pics of me everyone knows DO NOT take pics of me and they respect that request.

My son took one of me a few days ago. I don't see any difference but hubby and the kids say there is a lot of difference in my face and all over in general. Hopefully one day I will see it.

Hubby took a few in bra and panties. Back, side, front views. Oh my gosh, this is what that poor man has been looking at. I feel worse now than every. How could I inflict this on someone I love so much. He doesn't care, loves me any size I am. I am going to look at them once a month. One of these days I will see the difference.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 10-11-2007 at 03:39 PM.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 11:35 AM   #9  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Oh Rhonda, I am so happy that you have noticed a difference through the pictures. 33lbs most certainly IS a substantial number of lbs to lose. I know that you've fought so very hard for each an every one of them, and you have MUCH to be proud of. I know that you will continue to fight and press on in your continued quest for a healthier life. And you will get there. You WILL get there.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 12:16 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 343/293/199

Height: 5'8"

I didnt take before pics back in Jan, but I have a few pics from Christmas, etc..
But yeah, your right.. pics and measurements help me to stay focused because they show change when the scale doesnt.
xJox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 01:20 PM   #11  
Kae
. * . * . * . * . * . * .

That is very encouraging Rhonda! Congrats on your loss. I haven't taken any before pictures yet. I have been riding the same 5 pounds up and down for several months. I will do that tonight. Perhaps seeing it will help me buckle down. Thanks!!
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 02:11 PM   #12  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Yay, Rhonda!!!!!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 03:05 PM   #13  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Rhonda, I'm so excited for you! I also wish that I had thought to take a picture in leggings and a bra...perhaps I'll have my hubby do that tonight, and then I can take a new one with every 20lbs or so. Pictures are FANTASTIC motivators!

Congrats, and I hope you [and I, lol] get outta the 230's SOON!
Cassie501107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 05:25 PM   #14  
I'm a Loser ;)

S/C/G: SCG: 255/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Congrats

I TOTALLY know what you mean by back boobs! I think mine were bigger than my front ones for a while!! LOL

I didn't actually get any proper before pictures of me, but I have plenty of wedding pictures (I got married August 4th of this year, about a month before I decided enough was enough *after starting at my wedding photos and crying because I looked so dam fat*)
tamaralynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 09:29 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Rhonda - that is so great that you can see the difference!! You've come a long way and I know it is very difficult for you. There are a bunch of pics of me, I was never camera shy - so it isn't hard to find "before" pics of me. (not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing!)
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote