Old 10-08-2007, 01:41 PM   #1  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

Default i'm quitting..

so, i'm quitting LAWL...but only because i'm pregnant!

yeah. pretty unexpected actually. DH and i had agreed that we both didn't want a child together (i have 2 from my previous marriage) and that was great and good enough for the both of us.

well, guess that's not what was in the plans for us, because i'm 5wks pregnant. i'm still in shock and still trying to digest this news, but we're getting excited.

so, i'm going in to COD tomorrow to tell them and get some journals from them so i can still write down what i'm eating (even though i'll be eating a bit more now!) because i am NOT gaining 60lbs this pregnancy. i'm in so much better shape and at a so much better weight this time around that i'm actually semi-excited about buying maternity clothes! i don't have to buy 2x or 3x sizes! yay!

anyways, that's my big news from this weekend. and i still plan on hanging around..i know i won't lose my good eating habits, but i love this group and don't want to miss out by jumping ship. and those prego message boards make me wanna gag! ha!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 01:50 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Oh Jillian, congratulations. No wonder your weight loss stalled! I'm wishing you all the best, and I know you have it in you to watch what you eat and not gain a whole lot on this pregnancy. Take the best care of yourself, and oh my what a surprise for you guys!
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 01:57 PM   #3  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Congratulations Jillian!!! What a good reason to quit!

Good Luck with your pregnancy and you can keep the excess off! I only gained 30 lbs with mine, so it is totally do-able!!!
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 01:59 PM   #4  
Britt/LAWL~Red

CONGRATS!!!!!!
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 02:09 PM   #5  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is SOOOOOOOOO incredible awesome and fantastic, Jillian!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

I'm thinking a baby shower is in order...and cake...no cake...okay, maybe a little
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 02:10 PM   #6  
-- Karen --

S/C/G: 165/143/140

Height: 5' 6"

Congratulations Jill.
It might have been a surprise and totally unexpected - but what a great surprise.
slim n trim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 02:13 PM   #7  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Oh, congrats, Jillian!!! My mom always says, "you can plan, but God decides." We all find that to be true from time to time. You know, every child is a blessing........and, this may really be a bonus for you and DH. He will have such a greater understanding of the unconditional love of a parent and child. I am sooo happy for you XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 02:14 PM   #8  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Congrats.
I only gained 11 with my son and 8 with my daughter. It is totally do able to eat sensible and not put on a lot of weight. You are not eating for two lol. The baby takes from your body. Make sure you eat a well balanced diet.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 03:22 PM   #9  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

thanks for all the well-wishes! i'm really starting to get excited.

the only thing that i left out is that DH will be gone the entire duration of my pregnancy. last month he just signed up and enlisted in the national guard and is being shipped off to basic training on november 20th. he'll be back for 2wks for xmas, but then he won't be back til around august. so, hopefully he'll get a leave to be there when the baby is born.

i guess if i have to go through a pregnancy one more time, and since this is his first child, i wanted him to be here and experience the pregnancy. and it really sucks that he won't be able to do that.

and on top of that we had planned on moving back to south dakota in january..he is just going to transfer to a unit there and i was going to pack us up all by myself and move us up there while he was away...so that way we're back with the kids and closer to our families.
so now, on top of moving and him leaving, i'm pregnant! ahhhhh...so many things to do and take care of. so hectic and crazy...and to do most of this alone is really scary for me. luckily my former DH and i are really close friends, so he's already offered to help me in any way he can. and that definitely makes me feel better.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 03:27 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

WoW!!! Congrats! how fun! my # 5 was my surprise, I have explained to #5, Lily, that her dad and I decided to have 4 kids but then God wanted to give us a special gift and surpised us with her, now she tells everyone she is mommys special gift, and she truely is! I am really happy for you! it will be nice to move closer to your other kids so they can all grow up knowing each other
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 04:08 PM   #11  
LAWL Salt Police

Congrats Jillian!!!

The good news beyond the actual pregnancy is that you now have the power and the knowledge to eat the right things during the time, so that you and your baby will be as healthy as possible... Think of that as a "pre-birth" gift to your baby!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 05:43 PM   #12  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Jillian - congrats and thanks for sharing the fabulous news. Sorry DH won't be there to experience all this with you, but it sounds like you'll put on your Wonder Woman outfit and git 'er done! Congrats again....
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 06:58 PM   #13  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Height: 5'7"

Congrats Jillian. What a good excuse to quit. I'm sorry that you are going it alone though. We will be here to help and support you.
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 08:31 PM   #14  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Congrats Jillian!!!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 04:16 AM   #15  
I want a smaller wardrobe

S/C/G: 195.2/151/144

Congratulations! With the good eating habits you've gained from LAWL I know you won't gain 60 lbs during this pregnancy. Good luck with everything!

Last edited by merem; 10-09-2007 at 04:17 AM.
merem is offline   Reply With Quote