Old 10-02-2007, 04:04 AM   #1  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Default Weighty Issues #56: Let's Get Back to Sexy!!!

to the October Weighty Issues Thread. The holidays are fast approaching which means memorable occasions and merriment. Who wants to look good and feel good during the end of the year celebrations? I know I do. Let's help each other out and get back to "sexy" .

Hey newbies out there, need some new inspiration? We're a group of wonderful women from different walks of life, spread out from the East Coast to the West Coast and the sunny Pacific .

We support each other through the highs and lows of every day life--it's not just about weight loss , it's about LIFE . If you have something to say or need a shoulder to cry on , come on in,
grab a chair and stay awhile . You'll be glad you did.

Last edited by melekalikimaka; 10-02-2007 at 04:05 AM.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 04:21 AM   #2  
so close, yet so far...

Good evening ladies, I didn't realize October was here! Thanks Virgo for the prompting

Well, my first week back on WW was great, I had a WI tonight and was down 5.6 lbs. I know it's mostly water weight but I'll take it in any way, shape or form, thank you. It really is nice to have a support system here at home. My sister and I joined last week, and we brought along another sister today. I even got credited a free meeting for the referrals. We had dinner together afterward, each of us choosing salads as our entrees, so we were good girls.

Did I mention the guinea pig my sister found a couple of months back? We named her Ginny (as in Weasley from Harry Potter, because she had red hair ) Well, it turns out she was pregnant and she just had a litter of 6, one was stillborn, but we still have 5 adorable baby guinea pigs. I'm sure we'll either be adopting them out or selling them to a nearby pet store. So the Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away. Some pets go and by-golly some new ones arrive quite unexpectedly!

Virgo, that is not my cat in my avatar, I just found his picture on the web and he really looked like how I've been feeling recently , like a stuffed sausage. I do have many cats but only one of them is overweight. Good for you for signing yourself up for a challenge! I wouldn't mind posting here just to say that I stayed OP and got some exercise in like I should. Why not?

Karen, thanks for your kind words about everything. I am still sending good vibes your way for a quick sale for your home and "accessories". That 5th wheel does look like a great way to live while traveling across the country. And BTW, I love seeing your emails, funny and inspirational so thank you!

It is getting quite late here so I'll stop here. I hope you all have a great week and hope to see some others pop in. Take care of yourselves ladies, you deserve it.

Last edited by melekalikimaka; 10-02-2007 at 04:22 AM.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:27 AM   #3  
so close, yet so far...

Hello all, not much going on here, just winding down from a day of laundry. I made a nice, big pot of beef stew with some red wine, it was so good! I had just one serving with a nice green salad on the side.

How's everyone else?
Old 10-05-2007, 11:01 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 211/200/165

Height: 5' 2.5" (HW: 222)

Oct. 1 - 7.03/339calories/57minutes
Oct. 2 - 5.85/275cal/43min
Oct. 3 - nought
Oct. 4 - 4.85/112cal/32min
Oct. 5 - nought

Last edited by FatToFitVirgo; 10-07-2007 at 01:00 AM.
FatToFitVirgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 04:49 PM   #5  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Noelle, Hello there. I just happened to call up this thread and saw your avatar and was appalled!! I was SO glad to hear it wasn't your cat. The poor thing. Hope you're doing well and everyone else is too. Just saying hi!
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 03:19 AM   #6  
so close, yet so far...

Hey Red, nice of you to drop by! Yup, not my cat--I wouldn't even know how to get one of my cats that BIG You look like you're doing pretty darn great with your weight loss efforts and challenges. Hope your feline friends are doing well.

Hello all, how's your Saturday going? I am planning on doing a Pet Walk for the Humane Society tomorrow morning, just bringing Lucky though. Kai is having some bouts of arthritis since he is around 12 years old. I even got in a few walks with my sister around the neighborhood this past week. I have gone farther than I have in a while just to test my knee and so far, so good. Hopefully in a week or two I will try and do my old route of 3.5 miles just to see how I feel afterwards. I am doing pretty well staying OP these days, It makes a world of difference to me staying OP when I know I have to weigh-in to someone

Virgo, good job on your exercise log I take it your challenge is doing well?

How's everyone else? Anywho, have a great weekend.
Old 10-07-2007, 03:23 AM   #7  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Hi Noelle, good to hear from you. Love you yo-yo-ing in your weight profile. I have to admit my weight needs updated there. I am doing the same kind of yo-yo thing, so it was actually 71.4 kg this morning. I still have it at my very recent low. Sigh. What gives, eh? Certainly better be those stretch pants! Thanks for doing the pet walk. Anyone who's a friend of animals is A+ in my book! Take care!
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 11:32 AM   #8  

I've just finished 1st quarter with school...was so glad to see the kids go home!!
I'll post more a little later; I'm still winding down from the hectic last week of school before break. I have 2 weeks off now, and I hope to get lots of rest.

Cal
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 10:07 AM   #9  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hi Noelle!!! I thought I would come on to post this morning. Well, now Corey si sick and puking and has to go to the doctors. I hope we can actually go on vacation...it is 15 days away! My back is still killing me too.

I guess it is a good thing I already did my Christmas shopping early this year. LOL

I have to go bleach everything we all touch so hopefully I dont get what Corey has too. I hate winter, did I ever tell you that? haha
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 05:23 PM   #10  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hey Corey went to the docs today and he has Strep throat AND Bronchitis! Poor kid.
Old 12-03-2007, 05:54 PM   #11  
so close, yet so far...

Well HELLO stranger!!! Fancy meeting you here I missed you!

Please take care of yourself and the kiddos (my gosh they're teenagers aren't they? ). Feeling any better today? I heard on the news there was some snow storm and power was out in the northeast? So no school for a lot of areas. Stay warm! Hey, the mac nuts are on sale at another store for around $6.75, but I can get another brand (5 each of 2oz boxes, 4 different flavors) for around $20. I think the variety is chocolate covered coffee beans, toffee-chocolate macadamia nuts, roasted/salted mac nuts, milk chocolate covered mac nuts and one more I can't remember. Anyway, I am still searching.

Cal, are you out there? Hope you're doing well. How are things in AZ? We're trying to resurrect this thread so come on by.

Hello to all
Old 12-03-2007, 07:20 PM   #12  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hey. My back is feeling so much better now. I wont let Corey leave even though he seems better because I know he will be smoking and I will have to beat him if he gets sick again. I wished I could say no smoking and they would just listen to me. I know they need to learn for themselves but I will tellya they are having way more problems already than I ever did brofre I smartened up and quit.
I have been bleaching my whole house daily so we can get over this sickeness and hopefully no one else gets sick before we leave. LOL

Oh you dont have to look too hard for any nuts. I was just wondering if there is a big price difference over there from here. I cant believe that all I can find here are the plain salted ones. LOL

Oh yeah we have been getting hit hard with snow all day. We are expecting about 20 inches before morning. Not good since we will be leaving in a week and I cant open any of the slides on the rv to pack up more stuff. I guess I will have to run and dump everything on the bed and organize in Penn. on the first night

Cal, Hi.
Old 12-03-2007, 07:39 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hi Cal, Noelle, Angie and Welcome Red! So glad to see new posts here! I thought that everyone had abandoned us! We're still trying to sell our house. I know it is bad timing but so was Tim getting terminated from his job in April! It is still hard for me to believe they did that to him after he had been there so long and was only 2 years away from retirement! I'm just hoping the house sells soon and we can get moved back to MO. where all my family is.
Angie sure hope you are feeling better. Where are you going on vacation? I hope you really have a good time --- you deserve it!
Noelle, glad to hear from you too. I know we have kind of kept up on some other threads too. Us short people got to stick together!!
Well, I jsut wanted to pop in for a minute. Hope to see some more of our regulars here in the days to come! Has anyone heard from Dips??
Take care everyone..
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 08:12 PM   #14  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Karen
Sorry to hear you haven't sold the house yet. It doesn't surprise me anyone anything company's do to their long time employees. They just don't care do they.

Angie
Darn that is a lot of snow. We don't generally get hit like that until Feb or mar. I love rv vacations. We live that the camp grounds in the summer time. Terrible time of year for illness. I wear a mask everywhere I go. These lung don't need anyone germs lol. Ok, I look a bit strange but after having pneumonia and double pneumonia every year for 7 years. I am done being sick. Last year was the first time in many years I didn't feel like I was dieing all winter long.

Have to say I love winter and can't wait for everything ( except the roads and my drive lol ) to be covered in a few inches of snow, 6 to 8 is enough for me. We got enough snow and wind and freezing yuck today to make everything wet and that is about it. Doesn't even look pretty yet. We live in a little valley so that means, we either don't get much or we get hit with 18 inches ( last year in 9 hours ).
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 04:00 PM   #15  
so close, yet so far...

Hello everyone, I had to post some pics of my mom's new Mini Pinscher puppy. Her name is Hana (haw-nah, like Hana, Maui, not Hannah Montana ) and we just got her last Friday. She's still young, probably only around 6 weeks but we had to take her or else she would've been sold. We are feeding her puppy formula and she is starting to eat some puppy kibble. She is so tiny, probably only 1 lb., even our Chihuahua mix wasn't this little when we got her. She's a bit bossy even for being so little. She's got control of the house!

Last edited by melekalikimaka; 01-22-2008 at 06:32 PM.