View Single Post
Old 10-06-2007, 07:50 AM   #109
Newbie07

First name (if you want to tell): Janice
Meaning of user name: As of 2007 I am a newcomer to the page. Not real creative, but the other 5 I tried were taken.
Geographical location: Sweden
Marital Status: Married
Children/Ages: None
Pets: None
Hobbies/Interests: Reading, writing short stories, art, movies, music, and my computer
Height: 5'8''
Eye/Hair Color: Both brown
Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Saturday, October 6th, 2007 – no time like the present, and a fresh start is just what I need.
Starting Weight/Present/Goal Weight: 295/290/140
Problem: Compulsive over-eating, binging
Plan/Way of Eating: Combination of calorie counting and portion control
Favorite exercise: I like “Dance, Dance Revolution”, if that counts. My husband uses an elliptical trainer, he just bought one and I am thinking I might give that a try.
Favorite movies: “V for Vendetta”, “El Laberinto del fauno”, “Philadelphia”, “Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind”, “Anne of Green Gables”
Favorite books/plays: “The Fionavar Tapestries” by Guy Gavriel Kay, George R.R. Martins “A Game of Thrones” series, Orson Scott Card’s “Ender’s Game” series, “The Dark Elf Trilogies” by R.A. Salvatore…this list could get quite long. Suffice to say: Fantasy and a little sci-fi.
Music: A little bit of everything, though I have to say classical and “oldies” are my top two favorites.
Favorite Quote(s): An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind. – M.K. Gandhi
Favorite People (dead and living): It may be cheesy, but my favorite people are mostly those who have been in my life. If I were to mention all the people who had changed me for the better, this list would be very long. Each one has a place in my heart and memory, and even though death meets us all, they will live on for me.
People I can’t stand: I don’t like folks who can’t embrace the “live and let live” policy, and leave others to make their own choices. I guess, though, that makes me a hypocrite, being that I do not leave them to make the choice of not allowing others to make choices.
Places you’ve been: All over the US, Mexico, Canada, Denmark, Sweden, UK, Germany
Places you want to visit: Greece, Thailand, Ireland, Scotland, Italy, France, Australia, Egypt, India, China, and Japan.
Pivot’s questions (don’t think too long, answer as fast as you can)
01. What is your favorite word? Intriguing
02. What is your least favorite word? Hate, due to its meaning.
03. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Curiosity
04. What turns you off? Rudeness
05. What is your favorite curse word? Don’t have one
06. What sound or noise do you love? The sound of a small creek flowing lazily past and the rustling of the wind through the trees.
07. What sound or noise do you hate? My alarm clock, and sounds of the city
08. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? I would like to pursue a career in cooking; a chef or caterer.
09. What profession would you not like to do? Anything having to do with waste management
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Everyone you ever loved is here, go give them a hug.
Any other tidbits you would like to share: I am a hopeless romantic and I have to spellcheck everything after posting!

Last edited by Newbie07 : 10-06-2007 at 07:53 AM. Reason: Spelling errors galore
Newbie07 is offline   Reply With Quote