Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2002, 03:53 PM   #1  
Dancing those pounds away

Arrow 300+ and Ready To Try Again...#155

WELCOME

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

Old 04-13-2002, 03:55 PM   #2  

Smile

Sorry... no time to post. We are still painting. Just had to take a 5 minute break and by the time I read and start a new thread.. it has been 10 already. I will be back.
Old 04-13-2002, 08:15 PM   #3  
a work in progress...

I just want to post to get my emails from the new thread...everybody must be off doing fun stuff...I'm just sitting here after an argument with dh...I will not eat. I won't give him the satisfaction.

later
Old 04-13-2002, 09:06 PM   #4  

Got my painting done... I noticed the
Quote:
We share laughter and tears.
and have to say most of my day has been tears.

Long story I won't bore you with but wanted to check in and say Hi... I miss you all, must be the nice weather. I hope you are all having a fun, good day.

Later......
Old 04-13-2002, 09:33 PM   #5  
You and Me in 2003

Happy Birthday Baylee

I am running today no time to post I'll let you know how the reception went later.
Old 04-13-2002, 11:30 PM   #6  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BAYLEE !!!

Hope your having a wonderful day.

It's a beautiful spring day. From 5:30am to 12:30pm I cleaned the yard. I trimmed the hedge, lawn mowed, weeded, sprinkled, planted, made a little path with pavers, and sprayed. How's that for keeping my mind off of food. My body has arms like spaghetti, a 100 year old back, cracks in my fingers and heels. Guarantee tub bath tonight. I feel good though. Ate well, had a choc chip cookie for treat. I've been drinking lots of water. I have three things left on my list for this weekend: clean the aquarium, wash the dog, and sew a dress.

Lucky, I hope by now you feel better. If not, go have yourself a nice walk. I walked in from the yard with my body stiff and my schizo brother started raging. Yard therapy down the drain. I went shopping and bought more plants. Thank God, he never drives me to eat like my sisters do.

Kat, you go girl. That's the attitude. No one will drive us to eat. We're in control of our emotions. Everyone can manipulate us until they're blue in the face. Just say no.

Enjoy your evening,
Malia
Old 04-14-2002, 09:05 AM   #7  

Smile Good Sunday Morning

Boy... when you don't stay up all night you lose a lot of posting time. I was in bed by 9:30 last night and asleep by 10pm.
I woke up at 11:15 and was ready to go.. .. but I forced myself to stay in bed and slept till almost 7am. (So this is what it feels like to be normal) LOL

We did not get finished painting yesterday. I should rephrase that.. my husband did not. I spent the day hunting for bedspreads and curtains. I would find one but not the other.
For someone who HATES shopping.. I have sure been doing a lot of it lately. Plus... I still have accessories to shop for once I pick the bedspread and curtains. And I need a new light fixture on my ceiling fan... it is soooo blah and dated.

Kat.. sorry to hear about argument with DH. I just hate it when I get upset with anyone. I am glad to see that you keep hanging in there. Those good days will add up and you WILL reach your goal.

Luckylady... sorry to hear your day was full with tears.
Been there, done that ...and it is not fun. You won't bore us if you want to share. I certainly have shared my sob stories with you many times.

Mary... okay gal.. time to tell us how your reception went. We are all ears. You are certainly a busy woman.

Malia...WOW !!!! You are one hard working woman. I am truly envious of you. This little green guy is me green with envy. Oh how I use to love to mow and rake. I never was one much for gardening though. I have never been able to get on my knees.
I must agree with you.. hard work is good therapy.

And Michelle... I have one word for you. ROAR !!!!!
Watch out woman... I am BACK !!!! and I am determined !!! once again. I seem to have this pattern of on again .. off again too. But.. I am ON today.
I can't think about what this weight is costing me... or what I am going to do when I lose it. It just depresses me too much.
BUT I can think about what I have to do TODAY to lose this weight.

Today I have to drink my water.
Today I have to eat at least 2 serving of veggies.
Today I have to MOVE this body.
Today I have to feed my mind as well as my body good food.
Today I don't care what this weight has cost me... nor what I will be like thinner... I only have today.. and I am going to make the best with what I have.

ROARRrrrrrrrr !!!!!!

Okay... now that I have made my new beginning again... this little kitty cat is going to go start her day.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 04-14-2002 at 09:12 AM.
Old 04-14-2002, 12:45 PM   #8  
Progress..not perfection

Talking Hope you guys didn't forget me!

Hey guys!!! No, I didn't fall off the face of the earth....it just felt that way. I pulled a couple of doubles and have been dead to the world! Two mornings in a row, the first shift replacement didn't show up, and me, being the moron that I am, volunteered to stay. And don't get me wrong....that overtime $$$$ will be nice, but I'll be too tired to spend it! (Maybe 2cute can help me.....seems she's been doing a lot of spending lately)

I know what I'm about to type is really in response to things that were said on the last thread, but I feel I need to say them. 2cute: I do know what it means to feel guilty about eating. I usually come in from work and crash, but this morning I came in and stayed up and have eaten non stop. Don't get me wrong...I have eaten OP....and counted my points, just felt guilty eating. I had to keep mentally talking to myself to make me stop feeling that way. Sometimes it gets so bad, I have to pull out my journal and actually WRITE DOWN the words, "Tina....you did nothing wrong. Stop beating your self up......and blah...blah...blah."

Kat: When I read your post about the place that we were going toghether, I had tears in my eyes. It simply amazes me that sometimes I feel that I am the only person in the world who feels this way, who has all these terrible feelings, and then I read post after post of people who are just like me. People that are scared of the same things I'm scared of......want the same things I want....NEED the same things I need. After I read your posts, and then 2cutes and then Mary's, I just have to tell you guys about the land I am going to.......

The land I'm going to has no granny panties... It is a land where I can sit, and not have my stomach laying on top of my legs, It is a place where I can drive in a car where the seatbelt does not feel like it is choking me. I can ride ALL the rides in this wonderful place and not ever be afraid that I won't fit. I can visit any movie theatre or ballgame stadium without the sides of the metal chairs digging into my legs and causing bruises. I can walk into any restaurant there and not have to sit at a table or look for a booth that has a table that scoots. In this land, I am not scared of my face being plastered in the local newspaper or having an article done on me on the 10:00 news saying, "LOCAL WOMAN GETS STUCK IN TURNSTYLE". I can easily fly through any turnstyle there might happen to be. I won't feel intimidated or paranoid whenever I walk past a group of people and they start laughing and I just know their laughing at the fat woman. I will not cringe when I walk past the talking weight scale in the mall as it hollers out loudly.."Have you checked your weight today?"......for I will not mind how much I weigh. I will not see the heartbreak and hear the pain in my son's voice as he tells me that yet another one of his friends called his mama fat and he had to defend me. I will look in the mirror and only see one chin. When I order tickets to a racing event, I won't have to ask the embarrassing question, "Are your seats "back only" or are there arms on the seats?" I won't feel the humiliation of sitting at a redlight and hear the guy next to me say, "Yeah, but she's fat." No child will come up to me while I'm sitting in the doctors office and ask me in front of a room full of people if I can fit inside my house. A bathing suit on me will not look like a rubber band wrapped around a beach ball. I will not sit on the sidelines and let LIFE pass me by. I will go to this land and will LIVE.

Sorry to write a book my friends, I was just so inspired by the topic, I had to have my say.

Michelle: I hope you know how much your posts mean to me. You have the best ideas and I love when you post what you eat. Sometimes I feel I'm burnt out eating the same-o same-o low fat things and you come here and give this really creative idea or tell us what you just ate for lunch or dinner and I am immediately inspired. You are the best girl.

Baylee: Happy birthday to you girl.

I know I should spend more time on individual replys, but I just got off work at 7:00, and it's almost 1:00 and I have yet to go to bed and I am exhausted. It's amazing how behind you get when you just miss a couple of days. I truly love all you guys from the bottom of my heart and I hope you know that.
Old 04-14-2002, 01:04 PM   #9  
I'm on my way!

Good morning! Oh dear, its afternoon....where the heck did the morning go?

2Cute...I am roaring right beside you! Can you all hear us from where you are? I am determined!!! Today I have only eaten a 2 point WW cookie dough bar and some water. Andrew and I took John to pick up his truck and then went to the grocery store. Got some jumbo shrimp to cook on the grill tonight! I'm not sure what I am going to have for lunch. Andrew is eating chicken tenders.

I really gotta run..I'm starving and Andrew is into something he isn't suppose to be in. I'll be back!
Old 04-14-2002, 01:59 PM   #10  
a work in progress...

Isn't it funny how, when we are in the dumps, we are ALL in the dumps, and when we are ROARING and rarin' to go, we all roar together!! What a noise coming off this thread today! Yea us!!

WE ARE STRONG...WE ARE INVINCIBLE!

I'm having a much better day today. DH and I made friends...I exercised, went to my son's baseball game (1st one of the season) had a mango for breakfast...mmm... I haven't had lunch yet, but after the game, we brought my son to the ice cream parlor where my daughter works...(now I am a total sucker for ice cream...that and cookies are my biggest downfall)...I managed to have a dish of fat free/sugar free coffee ice cream, and enjoyed it! I do need to get some lunch soon, however. If I let myself get TOO hungry, all could be lost!!

Tina, you had me crying with your post...so many things I could relate to...I know we ALL can relate to! I just want to cross my legs at this point! God, that would make me happy!

No time for individual posts, I gotta get outside before the rain comes...weeding day for me...time to really clean out those beds, everything is blooming here, it's wonderful! I love spring!

See you later! Keep smiling!
Old 04-14-2002, 06:14 PM   #11  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everyone! I'm back from Indiana. The weather was just beautiful! They had a tent outside and we sat out most of the afternoon. Not warm enough for bugs yet I guess, because there weren't any. It was just lovely.

DH and I decided to have a fight last night too. Hate that, but it's what happens when somebody doesn't like to voice his displeasure in a positive manner as the unhappiness comes up....and likes to wait until it brews to the proper temperature and just BLOWS!!! Anyway, enough of that....we 'made friends' too!

I'm ready and raring to go for a new start myself! Enough of this eating with no plan crap! It's time to get going!!! I'm going to sit down tonight and plan at least dinners for this week. The days are never bad, I can stop almost anywhere now at fast food places when I'm on the go and get something in the neighborhood of 7-8 WW points, so daytime doesn't worry me. It'sthe working all day and coming home beat with no dinner plans that gets the better of me. So this week is going to be different!

I really don't have time for individual replies again tonight. I do apologize, I will do better in the future. But I have to say:

Tina: Your 'place' about sums it up! All of the things you mentioned are worth the effort it is going to take to get thinner and healthier. And,

2cute: I'm with you sister. I cannot dwell long on that 'place' and how it will be because it seems like so very far away. I will take this one day at a time, knowing that progress is what I'm looking for and 'that place' will come eventually if I just take that 'one day at a time'. And,

Baylee: I'm sooooo sorry I wasn't here to wish you a happy birthday yesterday. Sooooooo, Happy Belated Birthday, to You!!!

I'm going out while there's still some daylight and take my windows apart that are next to my front door. I have two long, narrow windows beside my door and I'm going to do some glass painting on them. I want to get them down and washed and maybe start the 'leading' tonight. So off to work/play I go.

This quote is for all of you. You mean so much to me!

"She (everyone on this thread) became for me an island of light, fun, wisdom where I could run with my discoveries and torments and hopes at any time of day and find welcome." - May Parton

Last edited by thinthinker; 04-14-2002 at 06:18 PM.
Old 04-14-2002, 07:24 PM   #12  
I'm on my way!

Default I'm baaaack!!

Tina...thanks for making me feel a big part of this group! I sat here and almost cried reading your "PLACE" I want to go to that place too! Take me with you!

Kat...me too on the fight with my significant other. It was a really bad night!! But today we are fine...my heart still hurts but we are fine. I am invincable!! LOL

Thin it sounds like you had a great time this weekend. Glad to see you back! And yes, planning does make a difference! Today I got these great big jumbo shrimp on sale for $5.99 a lb and I mean JUMBO!!! I decided to put them on the skewers, spray them with olive oil spray sprinkle them with salt, onion powder and italian seasoning and cooked them on the grill...they were sooo good. I had that a half a plate full of steamed broccoli cuts sprayed with the parkay butter spray and salt and pepper. I couldn't even finish my shrimp so I am going to have them tomorrow for lunch. I have learned that if I fill my plate with alot of steamed veggies I get really full for a longer period of time.

And here is another idea for a lunch, I take all the leftover veggies from the past few days and I spray them with butter spray, sprinkle with a little salt and then sprinkle with some cheese and put it in the microwave to heat it up. Sometimes I have this for a filling snack for 2 points. Or I put it all over a baked potato for a hefty lunch! That and the 0 point veggie soup will fill you to the gills! Sometimes I dont' put the tomatos in the soup. I like it better that way.

ok you guys...where is everyone!? Oh, I just have to tell you about one more thing I discovered. Actually two things...one is these little cookies, they are called Almond Thins and they are made by Jule Destrooper. Its an all natural product of Belgium. Butter Almond Cookies it says on the box. 5 of them are 2 points and that is enough....they taste soooo good! If you want to really cut it close...10 are 3 points...the mark is on the line so you can count it whichever way you want! I also bought a can of the low fat sour cream and onion pringles. 15 chips are only 1 point and that is plenty beside a sandwich. I use the WW bread for 1 point for 2 slices and put on whatever it is I want for the day. I made a grill cheese with 3/4 oz of sliced american cheese, and the butter spray. That was only 3 points and the pringles...that was 4 points for the whole lunch. Have some veggie soup for 0 points and you are stuffed to the gills again! LOL

Are you tired of me yet? I just seem to be babbling again! I guess I need some adult conversation! I should get going now...the baby needs to get to bed shortly but he really needs a bath again tonight....my how little boys get so dirty!

Have a great night! Michelle
Old 04-14-2002, 07:44 PM   #13  
You and Me in 2003

The Reception went great we had over 100 people. Had gobs of food left The library is having other programs this week so I left it for them to use. I mad chicken salad sandwiches DH loved them. we had mock champaign punch nuts, cheese platter, veggy tray, cookies, mini quiche, brownies, mints. Need I say more. My feet are killing me so I am going to go soak in a tub of hot water. see all of you tomorrow.
Old 04-15-2002, 12:24 AM   #14  

Talking I am soooo excited....

I just love it when we all get excited about our recovery.
I feel real good about the whole thing again.

I can't stay long... I am taking a 15 minute break and I am off to shampoo my living room carpet... at 10pm.

My darling husband (bless his heart) worked all weekend like a dog for me. He hauled out all of our bedroom furniture and all of my junk. He redid all of our woodwork in the bedroom. (that is mainly all on his hands and knees) One layer of Kiltz and 3 layers of paint. He painted the ceiling and then the walls. He turned my fan blades over so now it looks like I have a new ceiling fan. Then he cleaned up all his messes and shampooed the carpet in our room, the guest room and the hallway. I worked that poor man to death in 2 days. LOL. He is getting a little bit worn out. LOL. And I must say.. it is looking good. My husband is "begging" to go back to work so he can rest.

I did a little bit of painting... but very very little. I mainly did all the errand running and I did the best thing I could do to save our marriage during remodeling.... I stayed out of his way.
I tend to be a little too "suggestive".. LOL ... and the best thing I can do is NOT give any advice. LOL

We went to a birthday party at 5pm today... got home about 8.
Then I shampooed my daughters bedroom carpet and I am determined to get the living room done tonight too. It will probably take me till midnight... but it will be worth it.

My new bedroom furniture gets deliverd tomorrow so I will have to stay off the phone lines until they call. I am so excited !!!!! Now if only I can keep it this room nice and new looking. LOL.
I am determined to not bring anything back into that room that does not have a permanent home.
My clutter is going to be DE-CLUTTERED !!!!!!!

Well.. when I started this letter it was only 10pm and then my daughter called from college and it was then after 11pm. Got on line and she emailed me... now it is 11:30. I HAVE to go and get that carpet shampooed. I planned on being done by midnight.. and now I am not even starting till midnight.
No time left to tell you the rest that I lost when I got knocked off line nearly 2 hours ago.
I will be in tomorrow after my furniture is delivered. I sure hope it looks as good in my room as it did on the showroom floor. LOL Cross your fingers and toes for me.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 04-15-2002 at 12:34 AM.
Old 04-15-2002, 02:56 AM   #15  

Hi everyone,

I was happy to hear everyone so upbeat today. Was it a full moon yesterday? I didn't fight with anyone. It was me, a tub of bubbly hot water, candles, and music. I had a deep sleep and woke up to another beautiful hot day. I accomplished more than I dreamed: cleaned my bedroom, did laundry, and cleaned the aquarium. The aquarium wa bugging me forever.

Tomorrow, I'll be focusing on my plan once again. I have the tools, it's up to me to apply them. All of you are an inspiration to me. Keep up the good work.

Have a great Monday,
Malia
Closed Thread