Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 10:29 PM   #1  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Chicks on Motorcycles

I guess our old thread was toooooooooooooo long.

I thought about renaming it HAWT Biker chicks but then I was worried no one would find us. Today was spring cleaning day (what can I say? I'm the queen of procrastinators). I still have to catch up on the old thread.

For any newcomers - here's the basic idea of this thread from the OP herself from March of 2005...jeez has it been that long? .

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelridergirl
I had an idea that it would be fun to start a forum or club for those of us that enjoy riding motorcycles and are also working towards weight loss goals. Even if you ride behind someone, are learning to ride, experienced motorcyclists, or just plain enjoy motorcycles. I thought that we could discuss some of our favorite rides as well as work towards goals together.

A little about me... I am 28 and just learning to ride a motorcylce. I bought a 1985 Honda Rebel 250 in October and have only practiced a few times on it. I had never been on one until this past summer. My then-fiance took me on a test drive on a Harley he was interested in. I loved it! In June we got married and by the end of June he found a '03 Harley Softtail to buy. We do dinner runs with friends of ours that ride (the wife rides a bike, too). We also have "rallies" in a small town an hour from our home where bikers from all over the area ride to and shop at booths and view the bikes. I started thinking that it would be fun to try to ride my own. I havent taken the MSF class yet, but I am hoping to this summer or fall.

As far as weight loss...I have a lot to lose and I dont want to take the MSF until I feel more comfortable with my weight. I have been up and down the scale for the past 2 years. I was once 315, then got down to 190 and started gaining once again when I met my hubby. I am working to get it off and have tried many things. For me, I am finding that exercise and counting calories/fat work good for me.

I hope to get some responses from others that enjoy riding and to have a place to chat and support each other. Even though the title says "Chicks"... anyone is welcome to post.

Last edited by chick_in_the_hat; 09-30-2007 at 10:38 PM. Reason: added quote
Old 10-02-2007, 02:34 PM   #2  
Love to Ride :-D

Height: 5'4" (shrinking - eeek!)

Hey Hat Chick! I guess we're the only one's here so far!

Nobody's been around much...I've been on the old thread all by myself whining that I ate my way through the summer and gained FIFTEEN POUNDS!!!! OMG

Anyway, I am back on track...journaling, doing WW and actually getting on my Gazellle. HH calls it The Antelope. LOL I have lost about 5 of the 15 so far, but am waiting until Thursday to change my weight tracker.

Had a wonderful summer (eating)...but the best of the best was riding bike through upstate NY. We flew up....then were able to borrow a bike for the whole 10 days we were there. We criss-crossed that absolutely GORGEOUS northern part of the state, east/west from the Adirondaks to the Vermont border and back to Niagara Falls...and north/south from the wine country of the Finger Lakes Region to the massive apple orchards along Lake Ontario. We put 1306 miles on that guy's bike!!!!! Good thing he was OK with it. The best part of being on a bike was the SMELLS! We could smell the apples, the grapes, the spruce trees in the mountains. It was amazing. Oh and by the way...those homemade grape pies and tarts sold along the roads out of people's homes were to-die-for. And part of my weight-loss demise.

Hope all you Chickies are doing well....I'll be glad to see you all once you find our "new home"!

Last edited by flsunbakd; 10-04-2007 at 08:40 AM.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:25 AM   #3  

Hi Chickies!

I'm just gonna keep posting 'til somebody shows up!

I have to scream it to The World.....I LOST 5, YES FIVE POUNDS THIS WEEK!

YEA ME!!

I've been faithfully journaling and each day I'm keeping the beat on my gazelle for AN HOUR, plus, I'm only eating about 1/2 of my points...so I'm real proud of myself! Don't worry...I'm getting protein, veggies and fruit each day. I'm even treating myself to a couple of Twizzlers!

Hope ya'll are fine...can't wait for you to come back!

Last edited by flsunbakd; 10-04-2007 at 12:45 PM.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:24 PM   #4  

Go Jill. GO!!!

Things have been kinda ugly over here food wise for me, too. I saw the 170's again...and it was My time to get serious weight is supposed to be 165...but it got away from me.

Went to Street Vibrations in Reno and saw a hella trike.

It was raining and we didn't get there until Sunday afternoon so it was almost done - but it was fun. I'm not in the market for a trike - but it's fun to look.
Old 10-05-2007, 09:09 AM   #5  

Hey THANKS, Gina!!!

I AM feeling pretty darn happy about the strides I'm making. I cracked the 180 mark this morning.....which just makes me even more determined!

Yes...that IS one helluva trike!!! I've seen those Boss Hoss's in every make and model it seems! I don't think I'd want one tho....everyone would be looking at ya! LOL

Tomorrow is our Ride for the Cure and there's supposed to be a huge turn-out, but the weather forecast doesn't look that great. We're gonna tough it out and give it a try, tho.

Have a great weekend! Hope you get out there and ride!

I PM'd a few Chicks...maybe they will show up soon!
Old 10-05-2007, 11:39 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Jill!!!! Hey girlie!!! Thanks for the PM. I checked the other thread several times and there wouldnt be any new posts! I'll try to check in more often! Hope everybody has an amazing weekend!!!!

Kim
Old 10-05-2007, 11:55 AM   #7  

Hi Kim! Glad you're here! Hope you have an amazing weekend too!

Hey...anybody heard anything about those Xvest weighted vests for working out????? I WANT ONE!

OMG....am I FINALLY HOOKED on working out????? CAN IT BE???????
Old 10-10-2007, 04:33 PM   #8  

Well...here I am allllllll aloooooone again! Where ARE you guys???!!

Well....Those of you who know me, know I hate (or hated) exercise! BUT....I am NOW hooked! Yes....I have lost 10.5 pounds in the last 2 weeks!!!!! AND I have ordered a weight vest. Here's a picture of it. When you wear it, it tricks you body into thinking you're 12 to 20 pounds heavier than you really are, thus increasing your metabolism and weight loss! Those of you who remember Valerie Bertinelli might know that she blew up into a blimp...and this vest helped her lose the weight. Along with eating right, of course. Now I have one on the way!! I looked online and they retailed at about $139.99...but I got a brand-spankin' new one for $66.00 and free shipping off of ebay!!! And it's the one that has weights up to 20 lbs.

So...I am within a pound of my mini Cayman goal....and still 2 weeks til we go!

The Ride For The Cure was great...good weather and good fun. We won the poker hand and gave it back as a donation. It was a charity run, after all
Attached Images
File Type: jpg a2_2.jpg (5.0 KB, 8 views)
Old 10-10-2007, 10:53 PM   #9  

Hey Jill & Kim!

Jill- the exercise addiction sneaks up on you. So freaking Holy crap - 10.5 pounds in 2 weeks? That's amazing! I haven't heard of the vest - but I can imagine it helps keep your heart rate up when you are working out. And that equals a higher calorie burn. Let us know how you like it?

Kim - good to see you back!

I finally bit the bullet and quit my beloved slow churn ice cream cold turkey. My calories are where they should be to actually lose now. The ice cream thing was outta control. So - it feels good to be in control again. Now hopefully I can see some results on the scale.

Last edited by chick_in_the_hat; 10-10-2007 at 10:54 PM.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:43 AM   #10  

Gina, I know....I just can't believe the weight loss myself!!! It's just incredible. I have been working out for at least an hour each day, and eating between 10 and 13 points, instead of the allowed 25 for my weight. Good news is that I'm getting fruit, veggies, and protein...and even a few Twizzlers! Plus I've been drinking about 80 ounces of water a day.

Here's the link for the weight vest....you're supposed to wear it around the house for a few days, just doing your regular stuff before you start working out with it. http://www.x2vest.com/X2-Vest-FAQ.htm It's kinda interesting to read the FAQ's.

Hey Good For You quitting the ice cream cold turkey. OMG, I do so looove ice cream too! Bet you'll be back to your fighting weight soon! You GO, Girl!

I wonder where everyone is??? Did Suzanne put a link to this thread on our old thread before she locked it so others could easily find us?
Old 10-11-2007, 03:22 PM   #11  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

(peeking around corner) OK I'm here, and there's MORE of me here I bit the bullet and weighed myself this morning, and I'm up to 170

but hi to you chicks!! Jill, sorry you've been talking to yourself for a bit and big big bigcongrats to you for your recent blasting!!!

again, I'm committed (as of today at least ) to try my darndest to get back on track.

I WILL stick around, it's always helped me to surround myself with the support I get here!
Old 10-11-2007, 05:01 PM   #12  

Holly!! Welcome back!! You're not gonna TRY....you're gonna DO IT.

Jill - a point is like 50 calories? That sounds really low. Be careful, girl...you need to give your body fuel. Especially with all that working out. Starving yourself will mess up your metabolism and make it near impossible to keep what you have lost off. And if I'm wrong on what a point is - please ignore all I have just said. Just want you to be healthy!

There is a scooter rally this weekend - I gotta get out to the garage after work and figure out my oil leak. Eating has been OP all week! I haven't been this "on my game" since I originally lost the weight. Feels GOOD!
Old 10-11-2007, 06:35 PM   #13  

HI HOLLY! YEA!!! You're back!!!!!!

Don't worry, Kiddo....you CAN get back on track! If I can, ANYONE can! I know you'll get back with it before you get too far gone like almost did. I went from 168 in March to 186 in September. Not a good summer for the bod and my psyche, but a great summer for eatng anything and everything that wasn't nailed down.

Thanks, Gina, for thinking about me. Believe me, I'm really being careful to make sure I'm getting the right balance, and I am eating when I'm hungry. Just not the junky crap that I usually give in to! I'm satisified at the end of the day and not hungry...it's just when I count up the points I'm way under based on what I've eaten. Lotsa salad, fruit, beans, some meats, but in 3-4 ounce servings. I've also been hooked on TOMATOES lately....and a bowl of them with 2 tbl. of Kraft Lite Catalina (1 point!) is a real filler! Almost like dessert! I try to eat a bowl of them before I eat anything else, and that alone has helped keep my serving sizes (and my sweet tooth) in check.

Gotta go try out this Boca Burger...see if it's worth eating! HH is grilling it with lots of peppers, onions and a big slice of tomoato on top

Last edited by flsunbakd; 10-11-2007 at 06:38 PM.
Old 10-12-2007, 06:48 AM   #14  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

good morning!!

Jill, your trip to NY sounded FANTASTIC!! did you stop at Niagra Falls? We want to but haven't been able to spare the time when we're going by there on our Ohio trip(s)

And your recent dedication is incredible, and your results...WOW!! I'm inspired by YOU!!

Last night was the first time in MONTHS, really, that I had a reasonable dinner with NOTHING in the evening. That's a big first. Yay for me

Hi Gina!!! those were kewl pics. And thank you for your confidence in me.

Hi Kim! I'll have to reacquaint myself with you, I've been gone for so long.

gotta go; oatmeal for breakfast
Old 10-12-2007, 09:15 AM   #15  

OMG Holly. The NY trip was nothing short of AMAZING. 1306 miles of the best riding on the planet, if ya ask me! And yes...we did go to Niagara Falls...the Canadian side, and it was absolutely incredible and breath-taking!! EVERYONE should go there. I've been a lotta places and see a lotta things in this world and I was astounded by The Falls. I thought it would be too touristy and chintzy for me, but I soooo loved it. We did the Maid of the Mist, a boat that took us right up to the falls in rain ponchos. You really must take the time to go there. And if you do, do The Mist and make you get on the lower deck...those who ran ahead and pushed people out of the way to get on the top deck got DRENCHED! LOL Isn't it great when you have the opportunity to get to see Karma at Work?!

As for my weight results...yes, I'm dedicated for the moment, but I know me and I'm wondering when it will wear off!!!! I hope I can stick with it!! I know I'll probably plateau soon, but my vest should be here next week and that will give me new incentive. The incentive after that will be that HH will kick my butt if I don't USE IT! LOLOLOL

Fall is finally here today...the low this morning was 58 and the high will be 82. We're finally able to open our windows. This will probably only last for a couple of days, then the high 80's and humidity will be back for a little while. In the meantime, we're going to ride, ride ride!!!!! It will be heaven.

Holly, good for you for being back here and getting back OP. Gina, you're always a beacon in the night...thank you for your support and encouragement!

Later, Chicks!
Closed Thread