Old 09-11-2007, 05:30 PM   #1  

Default Fab & Fit 40's And 50's! #186

Hi all!
How are we doing?!
Jen,
Trying CORE can be the ticket for you. Something new always sparks me. I loved CORE. I couldn't stay on it real long but it sure gave me a boost.

I have been sticking to this for 3 weeks now. I think I lost 4 but I will see Friday.

Gotta fix dinner.
TTYL,
Terri
points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 06:43 PM   #2  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Terri,
I am going to go back and join AGAIN on Thursday. Why did you say that you were only on CORE for a while?

We have Matt for the weekend. It's cold! 40 degrees this morning.

HI to everyone.

~Jen

Last edited by Jenny523; 09-15-2007 at 08:43 AM.
Jenny523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 01:26 PM   #3  

Jen,
40 degrees? WOW!!! I'll bet you are having a blast with Matt. Do you get each one once in awhile for a 1 on 1? We did that with my memaw and grandpa.
I liked it but it deprived me and I rebel against deprivation. I wish I didn't.
It is a great plan just to restrictive for me. I also think I ate too much. I am not good at realizing when I am satisfied. It carries over to full and then I realize I ate too much. When I can realize that I might try it again for a couple weeks.

To anyone!!!!
I have a question. Brittany can't find our first week book with the quiz in it to tell how many points she needs (target points). Can anyone print the quiz on here so she can refigure her points? Thanks so much.

Gotta listen to the Steelers. Oh yeah! I lost 1.3 this week.
TTYL,
Terri

Last edited by points; 09-16-2007 at 01:27 PM.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:07 PM   #4  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Helloooo! Is there anybody out there?

Well, I went and joined WW last night. I'm on the CORE program and it's remarkably easy in terms of no journalling or counting. Have to do a good grocery shopping on Sunday for veggies and fruit.

Tomorrow we're celebrating Brandon's 12th birthday(which is actually on teh 27th) by taking the entire family to Medieval Times. He's been dying to go. Then we'll head back here for cake. Just one bite for me

Hi to everyone
Jen
Old 09-21-2007, 10:40 PM   #5  

Jen,
I LOVE MEDIEVIL TIMES. He will love it. We used to go a lot in Orlando when we lived there. Have a great time and tell Brandon Happy Birthday. WOW- 12!!!!!
Good luck on CORE. It is a wonderful plan.
Terri
Old 09-23-2007, 05:22 PM   #6  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Terri,
I left my Week 1 book at work, it's got the quiz in it. Tomorrow I'll send it to you.
Congrats on the loss!

Had fun at Medieval Times, the boys loved it.

The Core program is okay so far. I love the freedom of the plan. I'm very slowly getting a better idea of when and why I eat. This will take a while, I think.

Go Bears!
Jen

Last edited by Jenny523; 09-23-2007 at 05:22 PM.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:52 AM   #7  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

Hello my buddies !!!

Its been a while. How is everyone doing?

Jen - to Matthew - I can't believe he's 12 already, holy moly! Glad you all enjoyed Medival Times. I'm gonna do that one day - is it true to you have to eat with your hands? Congrats on rejoining ww and good luck with core.

Hi Terri, Es, Sandy, ZoeGirl and Susan Hope you are all well.

Willie and I just got back from visiting Steven in Florida, where we all went on a 4 day cruise to the Bahamas and Key West. We had a great time. I actually did parasailing! It was fantastic. Up there in the air, so peaceful and serene and looking down at the beautiful green water. I told Alana my next dream is to Hang-glide. She thinks I'm nuts, lol.

As far as ww is concerned, I'm making a fresh start today. Certainly couldn't and wouldn't count points on the cruise,

Well, gotta get to work, but wanted to come in and say hi. Hope to be back soon.

Hugs,
Dianne
dpadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 06:50 AM   #8  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Diane,
Glad you had a good trip. You are a brave soul! I am a chicken when it comes to heights.

Terri,
I emailed you the WW quiz, cause I didn't know it if was ok to print it here, copyright and all that.

Core is going well so far. I know it's the honeymoon phase. It's not as time-consuming as counting points seemed to be. Recognizing the hunger stages is forcing me to really acknowledge my emotional desire for food.

HI Es, Zoe, Susan, Sandy

~Jen
Old 09-27-2007, 10:34 PM   #9  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Hi,
My first week on Core was good, I lost 4.4 pounds. I'm finally eating right, and it does not seem like a "diet". It's still new and I've got a lot to work on.

We're adopting two kittens! The animal control officer where I work routinely brings in kittens she's been called to rescue. I've resisted up till now, but last week fell for two little brothers she brought in. We're in the process of adopting them, but since they're only around 5 weeks old, we have to wait 3 weeks. One is all black, we've named him Jack. The other is a grey/brown tabby, he's Max. I cannot wait to have them here at home! It's been quiet and empty here with just Joe and I. Since he's travelling a bit more (he's been out of town since Tuesday this week) I really want a pet here with me.

Have a great weekend!
~Jen
Old 09-28-2007, 10:02 AM   #10  

Good morning everyone:

Jen - Congrats on the great loss Wow, fantastic job! Is Core easier than points system?

I've been going to the gym, even when willie doesn't want to go, I still go - that's the test for me, going alone, lol! I really want to get back on track and that will help alot, I know.

Es, amiga, how are you? Hi Terri, ZoeGirl, Sandy, Ruthie & Susan

Hope everyone is well - kinda quiet in here lately - miss everyone!

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 09-29-2007, 11:24 AM   #11  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Dianne,
I think it's wonderful that you're committed to working out. Don't you think that it's almost more important than what we eat? Having said that, I hang my head in shame because I have never liked it, barely do it, and don't want to! Walking is the only exercise I stick with... and even then I am not consistent.

Core does seem "easier" in terms of not journalling, counting points, etc. There's a list of foods allowed and that's it. It's kind of a no-brainer. I'm not playing with points to get the most out of them and using them on junk food. The major part of the plan is recognizing the stages of hunger and satisfaction, and eating accordingly. I'm eating three meals a day, with one or two snacks. Am finding that I prepare much larger portions than I actually eat; since I'm finally recognizing when I'm satisifed, I'm not overeating.
So, we'll see how it goes.

Have a great weekend
Jen
Old 09-30-2007, 04:45 PM   #12  

Hi everybody,
Jen,
Thanks so much sweetie.
That is wonderful! Be creative with your food. The only downfall to CORE, that I have experienced, is it gets boring and I felt deprived. I started craving all different types of food I couldn't have. It is all a mindset like everything else. You will do great on it.
I was really chearing for the Bears.

Dianne,
Hang gliding huh? That would be fun if I wasn't scared of extrreme heights.
You should try it. Great job on going to the gym.

We are going to Red Robin today. I am looking at the menu to see what I want. I lost 1 pound this week. I might do CORE for a few weeks. It does work.
TTYL,
Terri
Old 10-01-2007, 02:39 PM   #13  

Hi everyone:

Jen - My favorite exercise is walking also, but that's what I'm doing on the treadmill in the gym. Plus since the gym in only $10 per month, I figure its cheap enough that if I don't go, I don't lose too much $. I went 4 out of 7 days and on my first week back on track I lost 2.5 lbs. Not a great deal to be sure, but its a start. I'm glad you're liking core. It sounds easier than counting points, but I just can't see myself doing anything that tells me to eat til I'm full

Terry - Congrats on your loss How are all the kids doing? Are they all still doing the ww plan?

Es, amiga - how are you, come in and say hi. You too, ZoeGirl (how's Miss Rylea doing?), Sandy, Ruthie & Susan

Talk to you's soon,
Hugs,
Dianne
Old 10-03-2007, 11:17 PM   #14  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Dianne,
Good loss! good going. We're hooking a tv up in the room we have the treadmill in. Listening to music is a bit boring, I'd rather watch reruns of Law & Order! Hopefully that will be more incentive for me to put in more time on the treadmill.

We're having gorgeous weather here this week. They're predicting temps of 86!

HI Terri, Es, Sandy, Zoe, Susan how are you all?
~Jen
Old 10-04-2007, 08:25 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Morning ladies!

Sorry I have been MIA lately, busy busy busy.

Not much is new and I am struggling to get back on track but I keep trying.

Busy weekend ahead, DS is coming home from college and I am sure there with be a carload of dirty clothing to was...LOL. Gotta love it!

Hope all is well with everyone!
Susan
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote