Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 10:15 PM   #1  
Thursday Lady

Default Thursday Weigh-Ins for October

Here we go with another month.
I'm really excited. I want to lose 4 pounds this month.
How many pounds does everyone want to lose in October?

Good luck on Thursday!!!

Old 10-01-2007, 10:47 PM   #2  
Susan

It's hard to believe that it is October! My goal is to lose 5 pounds this month. I think it's a good idea to make a goal. Great idea Tina!!!!
Old 10-02-2007, 05:29 AM   #3  

Goals are good!

After I lose my pre-period gain of a couple of pounds, I'd like to lose 3. I'm into this slow loss thing again. I think maybe I should just quit eating for a week and see what happens.

Insurance news! Bob talked to the case management lady at the insurance company. She said that since the doctor and hospital are in our network, WE will not be responsible for the payments. The doctor and hospital will just have to eat the costs or whatever. We were so relieved!!!!!!!!!!!

Doctor's appt for Bob this morning. Hoping he gets to wean down on some of the meds and the oxygen. PT evaluation this afternoon. He'll be totally worn out from doing both of those.

Kramer had me up at 4:15! Of course, I couldn't get back to sleep, so here I am. Needed to catch up on some messages and emails, so I have that done now.

Have an OP day ladies!!
Old 10-02-2007, 02:41 PM   #4  

Height: 5'2"

Great Idea with the goal. I would like to lose 6lbs this month. This would bring me sooooo close to the 130's. I'm going to push myself this month, since I know it will be more difficult in November (thanksgiving) and December (Christmas).

Good luck to every one!!!
Old 10-02-2007, 02:50 PM   #5  
Thursday Lady

Wow, sounds like we have a good challenge going.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:39 AM   #6  

Not weighing today. TOM so I don't want to see it!
Old 10-04-2007, 09:49 AM   #7  
Thursday Lady

I'm weighing tomorrow. I ate Chinese last night.

Old 10-05-2007, 12:16 AM   #8  

It was weigh in #7 for me today...and *sigh* I had my first gain. I gained 1.2 lbs. Although, I did stay within my points this week, there are some factors to consider:
-drank more beer
-ate more TV dinners (loads of salt)
-sat on my butt for almost 2 days
-munched on cheese and crackers instead of veggies

ect..ect..ect..lol.

I kinda was expecting the gain...but I still, deep down, thought MAYBE I'll be shocked with a loss.

I'm not going to quit though. My pants still feel loose no matter what the scale says. I HATE having to lose this weight AGAIN though.

Its so frusterating though! Compaired to how I used to eat (8 weeks ago) this week was fabulous! But, for some reason, I gain.

Alright, I'm done nagging about it, time to move on.

Good luck to everyone else this week!
Old 10-05-2007, 09:04 AM   #9  
Thursday Lady

Hi all,

Trish, I'm sorry about that gain. Yep, beer and salt can do it to you.
I love your attitude. You can do this!!!!! I have faith in you!!!!!
Next weigh-in will be better.

I am a very happy person today.
I'm back down to my tracker weight. Next week, my fish will be swimming!!!!!

Terry and the other Trish, we haven't heard from you in awhile.
How did everyone else do?

Old 10-05-2007, 03:02 PM   #10  

Trish, sorry about the gain. Next week!!

Congrats to Tina!! Woo hoo!!
Old 10-05-2007, 03:50 PM   #11  

Thanks for the support Tammy and Tina!

Tina--congrats, that is excellent! Next weeks loss will be NEW loss, yeah!! (I'm like you, I didn't adjust my ticker on my gain either, lol)
Old 10-06-2007, 11:37 PM   #12  
Thursday Lady

I don't know about ya'll, but I'm getting really excited about our October Challenge.

We can do this!!!!!
Old 10-07-2007, 09:46 AM   #13  
Susan

Hi,

I didn't lose any this week. It might have been the little snickers that my friend brought to work. Plan on having a good loss this week.

It's been a LONG week. Thursday, I decided that I would have a little party at school for my kids. So the day would be happy in some way. It's hard to believe that it's been 3 years. Normally I'm on Fall break and pamper myself some but it didn't work out this year since we have no break. The kids didn't know why we were having a party but I did that's all that matters.

Nothing exciting here.... Oh, Pat came home the other day with a card from a personal trainer. Someone that knows him and he knows she is really good. She has worked with Pat's best friend and really helped her get in better shape and lose some weight. He said "if you want to call her that is ok with me, doesn't matter how much it cost."

So I did, I met with her on Thursday. She said "I don't think you remember but we've met before.... at the funeral" I told her that was Seamus' 3 year anniversary date and teared up. She went on to tell me how she had lost a baby too 20 years ago. Her son was born at 30 weeks and lived 2 weeks. We talked about how your life changes... It was strange because it made me feel so much better.

To make a long story short, I'm going to work out with her twice a week for a while. It's at a very small gym just for women and it's close to school. I might join that gym. I'm getting to go on a week pass and Friday I was the only person in there. It was nice. I'll keep you posted.

Tina, yea on moving your tracker.

Trish, If I drink beer, I seem to retain water. So drink LOTS of water this week. Don't beat yourself up over it. It'll all come off next week.

Tammy, I feel like it's almost TOM too. I'm sure any day. Glad Bob is doing so much better!!!
Old 10-08-2007, 05:43 AM   #14  

I still haven't lost the pounds that I gained for TOM! I am so bummed about it! I've been trying to feed Bob because he needs to gain some weight, but I need to stop eating every time he does!!!!!!!

Susan, little snickers are good. lol
3 years is hard to believe. I think the party idea at school was a good one. Keep us posted on the new trainer. It sounds like it was meant to be, doesn't it?
Old 10-08-2007, 06:14 AM   #15  

Height: 5ft1

I weigh myself every monday, so ill still put it in here! ive done well with my points this week!! how i love weight watchers!! Lol!!

I have lost 5lbs since last monday! so makes me 223 now!! Go me!!
Closed Thread