Old 10-02-2007, 11:32 PM   #1  

Default Found a good replacement for LA Lite shakes

I don't post very often I am usually a lurker. I have found so many helpful tips here regarding replacement for LA lite bars. I can't afford the lites any longer at have been doing Luna bars thanks to you all here!
I recently found a replacement for the shakes if you like the shakes. They are almost exact same calories, carbs, and protein. It is called Secure and it can be fouund on procapslabs.com where they were really cheap. I got mine from HSN.com but found the procaps site later. They are really tasty!!! Pina Colada, Chocolate, and Vanilla are great I haven't tried the others. 60 servings for 40 bucks is much better on my budget than 14 servings of lites for 29 bucks.
Hope you try them
KelKel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 12:17 AM   #2  
maiat

S/C/G: 174/147/123

Height: 5'2"

Wow, thanks for the info.! I'll have to look into that. So far, you haven't found them in a store, just on HSN or online?

Maia
maiat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 12:39 PM   #3  

Default correct

Yes I could only find them on line. They are on sale at procapslabs.com. I double checked and the nutritional breakdown is really close. Secure has one more gram of fat, 3three less grams of carbs, and 10 less calories. No real significant differences. I thought it would be a good replacement. I like the shakes so I have been searching high and low.

La shakes
80cals
12 g carbs
8 g protein
10 g sugar
.5 g fat

Secure
70 calories
9g carbs
1.5 g fat
7g protein
7g sugar
Old 10-03-2007, 01:09 PM   #4  

Do These Shakes Count As A Lite Or A Meal
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 01:52 PM   #5  

LA lite shakes count as a lite. Not to be confused with a SlimDown which is a meal replacement. Instead of 2 lites a day, I often use 1 lite bar and 1 lite shake. Less calories doing it that way. Also less carbs and less sugar. I like the chocolate and vanilla best.

week 39
LAWL franchise center
Plan 2 with lites
total lost 48 lbs
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 01:54 PM   #6  

Oh by the way, KelKel, thank you for finding these shakes and posting the information. I am a big fan of the shakes and I am going to buy some Secure shakes.

week 39
LAWL franchise center
Plan 2 with lites
total lost 48 lbs
Old 10-03-2007, 03:31 PM   #7  
LAWL,nursing,red,no lites

S/C/G: 168/143/135 pre baby stats

Height: 5'1"

Thank you for sharing this information! I'm currently not doing the lites because I'm still nursing DD, but once I'm done I'm sure I'll give these a try. I should just go ahead and order then anyway, my DS loved the LA lite shakes. He keeps asking for them but I just can't see spending the money on them.

We should probably add this under the "newbies" sticky before it gets lost.

Lynn, if you do order some, please give us your opinion as well.
dawn78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 09:10 PM   #8  

Oh by the way I like the vanilla better when I put then in my blender or smoothie maker with some frozen strawberries. The chocolate I just throw in some ice. The pina colada I throw in 1/2 frozen banana or some frozen pineapple. I hope you like them. I read tons of customer reviews on HSN.com and most people seemed to like them although some found them too sweet. Not me but I need sweets. Don't buy them from HSN though they are much cheaper at least right now directly from procapslabs.com which is the original distributer.
Look forward to chatting with you all.
Kelly
Old 10-03-2007, 09:20 PM   #9  
Nanette

S/C/G: 174/151.8/140

Height: 5.6

Kelly,
Thanks so much for the info. I too love the shakes, so much in fact I couldn't find anything comparable so my COD was having a 40% sale so I bought more which I swore I wouldn't do. I don't think I could get the rest of my weight off without those shakes and now I got my husband addicted to them so we needed to buy more so I was able to get a good price on them, but I will defintately buy these Secure ones you found when we run out. I can't thank you enough!
bahamadream10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 09:36 PM   #10  

Kelly,
I love the vanilla with strawberries also. This is what I do with the chocolate. I add 1/2 or 1 full serving of my dairy (low fat vanilla yogurt) and it makes the shake thicker like you would have with a chocolate malt. I will order some when I get back from vacation. I don't want to order it now because it might get here when I am gone.

week 39
LAWL franchise center
Plan 2 with lites
total lost 48 lbs.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:43 PM   #11  

I am glad everyone found the info useful. I hope you like them. I don't think they are as thick as LA's but you can add fruit,ice,yogurt etc. Plus they do have a lot of useful vitamins and minerals.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:05 PM   #12  
LAWL,nursing,red,no lites

S/C/G: 168/143/135 pre baby stats

Height: 5'1"

I just wanted to let you all know that you can order a FREE sampler pack on the procapslabs web site. You just have to pay for shipping. It comes with several servings of each flavor for a total of 30 servings. I just ordered mine!
dawn78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 05:32 PM   #13  

Did you guys buy them all or what? I can't find the free sample pack anywhere on the site. Help!

Michele
chelebele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 09:49 AM   #14  

never mind, finally found it...looked forever yesterday..here's the link

http://www.procapslabs.com/PCL/Pages...?pid=268435893
chelebele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 02:54 PM   #15  

Awesome I am glad you can try them for five dollars. I didn't see that earlier. I will have my mom try them just for the soy benefit.
I had to mix one in milk earlier this morning with just a spoon because I was rushing. It mixed just fine no clumps or anything. It is pretty sweet at 8:00 in the morning though...:0