Old 10-03-2007, 09:57 AM   #1  
We can do it.

S/C/G: 160/127/120

Default ******* makes the news....

But its not the good news ******* thought it would be. The controversy and ensuring homegrown investagations from former members have made it to the airwaves. KTLA ran 1 installment last night that gives a glimpse of ******* and Kimmer herself. Installment 2 (tonight and I will post a follow up link to it tommorrow) discusses the impeding class action lawsuit and the many health issues people got from doing this diet. Some of these included irreversable thyroid problems and heart problems.

If you are doing this diet, know someone doing this diet or thinking of doing this diet watch this clip. Do your research before you start this. Its dangerous. We all want to lose our weight but do we want lifelong health problems from losing in an unhealthy way?

Here is the clip:
http://video.ktla.com/global/video/p...e&rnd=76277279
need2loseinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 10:21 AM   #2  
it's always something

It's a very sad situation. She's given low carb dieting a bad name by creating something very dangerous, which she basically made up as she went along.

Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 10:56 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 160/133.5/117

Height: a lil under 5'4"

Talking

the video didnt work for me... who is *******? i'm totally confused haha.
theres nothing dangerous about the atkins diet if you do it correctly....i know tons of people who have been on it for years.
krawhitham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 10:59 AM   #4  
We can do it.

S/C/G: 160/127/120

******* is a diet that borrows from both Atkins and I believe Stillmans. On top of that it promotes very low cals as well. Some as low as 500 cals a day from what I have seen. Here is another link:

http://ktla.trb.com/news/local/

To the right of the video window click where it says: KTLA Exculsive Internet Diet Scam Exposed.

I posted this here because it said Atkins and other low carb plans.
need2loseinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 11:41 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 160/133.5/117

Height: a lil under 5'4"

wow!! I just watched...well I'm glad that lady was exposed what a TERRIBLE thing she has done. She should be sued.
krawhitham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 12:11 PM   #6  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

It is very unfortunate that she has given Low carb dieting a bad name, her diet is nowhere near what a healthy LC plan should be. I also hope she faces some kind of criminal charges on top of the law suits.
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 05:10 PM   #7  
On a De-fluffing Quest

S/C/G: 250/c sig/160

Height: 5'5"

What's sad is, I do see alot of misinformed folks doing this sort of thing with the Atkins diet. Not following *******, but adjusting the Atkins diet to something different and quite unhealthy.

Most common is cutting out both carbs and fats! This is very dangerous from a physiological standpoint. Basically, with only protein to burn, your body is tricked into going into protein-burning mode. All muscles are then in danger of being burned for fuel, including your heart muscle! Your daily intake of protein should only be around 30% of total calories, the rest should be made up of fats and carbs. On atkins, you have to eat a liberal amount of fat compared to what's commonly considered healthy. Contrary to what people think, sugar is actually what raises bad cholesterol, not fat. So long as the fats you're getting are natural, not trans-fat, it won't be bad for you. Most people following atkins correctly, with plenty of fats, have an improvement in their blood lipids and overall cardiovascular health. This is because good fats are full of nutrients that aid in cardiovascular health.

In old times, they called the sickness caused by lean-protein only diets "rabbit starvation". It occurred frequently in pioneer times when white men travelling west didn't take the time to hunt larger game or fill out their diets with vegetable matter. It causes diarrhea, slow-starvation, heart attacks, muscle degeneration. Awful stuff.
MissyFluffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 06:38 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 153.5/107.5/105

Height: 5'0"

I for one, am appauled. First off, I can't believe anyone would pay money to someone on the internet who has NO qualifications whatsoever to advise ANYONE on what type of diet they follow, whether she actually lost 198lbs or not. Jeppers, that would mean all of us could start websites and sell our diet plans. Sheesh. It's ludicrous.

Secondly, how does she sleep at night, or look at herself in the mirror. Honestly, as a large woman herself I can't believe she would be so cruel to other women who are so desperate to lose weight. I never cease to be amazed at the disgusting things people are capable of.

Finally, I have one last word. FRAUD. She needs jail time or something.

Oh geez, I hope I wasn't too harsh.
goinforthegold is offline   Reply With Quote