Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2002, 08:13 AM   #1  

Default Christian Encouragers #143

We are a group of christians who will be there for you in encouragement and prayer. Everyone is welcome!
Old 04-12-2002, 08:23 AM   #2  

Good morning to all!
I can't belive it is Fri! And I have made it 6 days OP!!!!!! I fill like I can do it! My fasting bloodsugars are still to high but have come down a lot! And the bottom #of my blood pressure was 80 last night! (top still needs work) Please keep my M-I-L in your prayers she has developed an infection after sugery. And please keep my F-I-L in your prayers They wanted to put in a feeding tube and he has refused. The staff infection is so bad they want to remove more toes.

Sorry I can't address everyone but my prayers are with you. Wilma praying that you can get through this virus!
Sami
Old 04-12-2002, 09:20 AM   #3  

Angry Hi!!

I am happy to hear your doing better! It is awesome that you stayed op all week, I pray that mil and fil will soon be better as well. Wilma I also pray you'll soon be up and about. Have a great day.
Old 04-12-2002, 11:46 AM   #4  
Quit counting at 45!

Thank you all for your prayers. I'm still feeling weak. I feel better one day and then the next I'm right back at it again. This virus lasts 2 - 3 weeks for some people. I was glad for a day off yesterday so I could take it easy. Today, work has been really hectic so I know I'll be useless tonight.

Oh well, this too shall pass!! Ive been drinking lots of water and eating fruit so hopefully it will pass quickly.

Take care! Talk to you again soon!
Old 04-12-2002, 09:03 PM   #5  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Just a quick hello after a busy day. Sami, Wilma and Doitforme I will keep your personal concerns in my prayers.
I hope to leave personal responses tomorrow.
Sami,thanks for starting a new thread, as busy as you have been.
Ginny
Old 04-12-2002, 09:28 PM   #6  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Hi Y'all

Well, our out-of-town guest is now gone and I'm back on track. I was so, so, SO bad with my eating while she was here, always out and about, eating and eating and eating. Did we just HAVE to take her to all the great spots to eat here in the DFW area. Anyway, I got myself together yesterday ~ even got on the scale. Holy Cow, I was 1/2 pound away from slitting my throat!!! I feel great though, really have been good for 2 days now. We went to El Chico's tonight and I had just a few chips but I had a taco salad which I don't think is TOO bad. The beans in it are high in fiber and I used hot sauce instead of salad dressing. I think that was ok. I'm trying to just cut back instead of saying the "D" word.

Tomorrow is our company golf tournament. We have one twice a year ~ the only time I ever play. So I will be up and out early. It should be fun.

Have a great weekend ~ talk to y'all tomorrow.
Old 04-12-2002, 11:42 PM   #7  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Angry BEEN BUSY

HI Ladies-- I have been really busy as usual watching sporting events- DD tennis match today--1.5 hours away--she did well and I am proud of her, she didn't win though--BUMMER--DS lost his mens softball game last night too-- step-D lost her softball game the day before ( we are all LOOOOsers here!!) DS has track meet tomorrow and DD another tennis match and step-D softball so there is a chance for a new start--HE always gives us new chances doesn't HE??!!! HE is an AWESOME GOD!!
SAMI-I am still praying for your family, and you- watch that BP!! WILMA--sorry you are still sick but at least you have time to work on the quilt, I bet it is beautiful-- my ex made one out of T-SHIRTS that my son had accumulated over all the years of high school and rec. sports, it was really neat and LARGE about 1.5 KING size.GINNY-- glad to hear improvement on your son-- my wife is a teacher and it is not easy for them either, glad you are into the sports too-- take time to walk during all of the dead time before the games if you can-- I could have walked around the world instead I sat on my butt most of the time before the games just visiting.
Old 04-12-2002, 11:56 PM   #8  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Angry Back Again

Sometimes I type too much and I can not send it--I am a computer reject!! ZOE--Hey what is a relative for if you can't take them to the places we never take ourselves to to eat?Good luck in the golf tourny-I love the game but never get to play much--I am lously!!! SUE those next 9 pounds will come easy 'cause we are all pulling for you--just drag us along it will burn more calories!!
Well thanks for the prayers, the DS and his ankle are fine-well at least strong enough to compete tomorrow so we shall see. I will be with him at a college 1.5 hrs. south of home at the same time my ex and my daughter's boyfriend will be 1.5 hrs. north with her for her match and my wife will be watching her daughters softball game at the same time!!
See you all later--HAVE A GREAT SUNDAY if I don't check in on SAT. IN HIS LOVE-Gary
Old 04-14-2002, 10:34 AM   #9  

Blessing this sunday morning,
Well I did it I made it one whole week OP!!!!!!! The scales are going down again! I will WI Mon at work because my Boss and I made a a Weight loss challenge we both want to lose 50 by august 30. The one who doesnt make goal owes dinner to the group who witnessed the challeng! I made that challenge because it makes me be accountable in front of my peers. And to lose 50 that would be 2.5 lbs a week and that would be no cheating!!!!! This week I worked on just eating 3 meals at the same time everyday. And staying on the diabetic diet. I traded cokes for water. Please pray that I don't let myself down in front of my peers and I make this challenge.

Wilma-Praying that by Mon you will be over this flu! I had 3 with strep this week but that goes away fast with meds.

Ez-money-Enjoy those kids! I can't belive I have one getting married soon. Thanks for your encouragement. How is the gym working out for you?

Zoe-We missed you! Just get back on the wagon and keep on going don't look back! On easter I was so down because my fat clothes didn't fit. And I beat myself up saying that if only I stayed OP I would be at goal. And all that did was bring me down. We are going to make goal this year!

Ginny-You sound so tired try to get some rest! I know that is easier said than done.

Doitforme-Thank you so much for your prayers. It is just a matter of short time now for my FIL He has not ate in over 3 months now is skin and bone. I truly feel blessed to have such great friends to turn to for prayer durning this time.

This is the day that the Lord has made let us rejoyce and be glad in it!
Sami
Old 04-14-2002, 11:07 AM   #10  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Default Good Sunday Morning!

Well, here I sit, not in church, feeling guilty. Why was I so lazy this morning anyway?? The fact is yesterday, golf was rained out after only 9 holes, my son drove down to Austin after that (over night) and my honey, Greg, is out on the golf course this morning. <sigh> I guess I just felt tired and lazy and that's not a good excuse.

Gary ~ I'm not a golfter myself but my husband Greg and son Chris are FANATICS! My husband isn't your normal everyday golfing husband.....he actually WANTS me to play! So before this golf outting with our company, I bought my own clubs and am ready to take some lessons. I really CAN see where you could be addicted to it....haha. Your family sure is active and athletic. That's a good thing. Don't worry about being "losers". (that was funny) cuz next time, they're all bound to WIN!

Sami ~ I've been doing the same thing you did at Easter, beating myself up because my "fat" clothes didn't fit. They still don't but I've lost 5 1/2 pounds now, further away from that "slit my throat" mark and feeling great. I just stopped using that "D" word and I've done great!

Speaking of being athletic, I'm not....I hate exercise and really do need to get myself motivated. I'm not ashame to say that I am 46 and do not look it......(maybe 40-ish but hey, that's great!) and I want to get myself staying looking younger so I am going to be moving this summer. As I said, I'm going to be playing some golf, I'm going to be roller skating on a trail with a friend about 2 or so times a week (that's great for your hips and thighs) and the healthclub I belong to (Bally's) is going to be seeing me again. With the summer and it staying light later, Greg and Chris will be playing golf alot so I may as well do something productive for myself, right???

Ok, I've rambled enough but it sure feels good to be back here and back on track. Hello to everyone else I didn't mention. I'm sorry about that but I'm needing to get back in the swing of this. Have a wonderfully blessed Lord's Day.

Zoe ~ Soaking up the "SON" in Texas

Last edited by Zoe; 04-14-2002 at 11:33 PM.
Old 04-14-2002, 09:20 PM   #11  

Angry HI guys!

I am very happy to hear everyone is feelling better, and doing better, I went home to my parents for the weekend. I got to spend some quality time with my niece, and nephews. They grow up so fast. It was my turn to clean the church, I am on a rotating list, so I got that done Sat. then attended Sunday School, church and evening service. What an awesome God we serve.
Zoe glad to hear your motivated again and not beating yourself up, sami glad to hear you did so well all week, it won't be long before your BP is normal again. Gary- Thanks for the encouragement. E.C.mom thanks for your prayers. wilma, I pray your feeling tip top tom.
God Bless you all, Check in after work tom.
Old 04-14-2002, 10:49 PM   #12  
burned out bus driver

Good evening!!
This has been such a busy, busy weekend............hope that I will get thru this insanity. Nothing bad, just a lot of craziness!
I will get on tomorrow and read the posts and respond to each of you.
Have a great nite.
Ginny
Old 04-15-2002, 08:42 AM   #13  
Growing in Christ

Hello all!!! Boy time really got away from me! We had some sick kids for a bit, then I've had a *nice* sinus headache for the past week or so... my past two Monday's were not good for the scale. I really got lazy about my eating, and had 2 gains in a row. Not a lot... 2.25 total gain for those Monday's... but this past week, I resolved to not let this headache or our hectic schedule take over, and got back to where I was, plus another 1/2 lb (2.75 total loss last week). So....

Our schedule IS really hectic right now. With the exception of our 2 yo, my whole family is involved in the church's Spring drama. My dh has quite a few scenes, as does my 9yo. My 7.5 yo has a couple, my 3 yo is a dead girl who Jesus heals, and my 2.5 mo is, well, of course, baby Jesus! What a debut, eh? It's just one scene, His birth, and I have to be on stage for that, but I'm hidden away. Whew! Soooooo we've been spending MANY hours at church this month. It's getting very hard for the small ones. They have to be there if their scene is being rehersed, but you never know if it'll be 10 minutes or 2 hrs before they get to it, and you know how it is when you take your kids to someplace else... especially someplace w/a wide open space.... sitting still is not exactly what they'd like to do! We still have 2 more weeks of the nuttiness to go though... and, my bil and his wife will be there, as well as her mom. My bil is not saved, so who knows... If he or someone else in the audience accepts the truth, all the craziness will be worth it, right????

Glad to see so many people posting, and to see that most are getting/keeping focused!! Yipeee!!! We can do it!!

Patricia

173/156.5/156 (first mini)/105ish (final goal)
Old 04-15-2002, 10:45 AM   #14  
Quit counting at 45!

Good Morning! Thank you for your prayers. I am finally feeling normal again. I woke up with energy this morning. I hope that it's here to stay. I have a busy week ahead of me.

On Thursday, I drive down to Winnipeg (5 hours) to pick up my oldest DS. He's finished his year at school and is ready to come home. That in itself will be an adjustment for me. He has a job interview so hopefully he'll get the job. It's at a golf course so it'll be right up his alley. Please pray that he gets it. He really needs to do something other than lie around at home and the money for next year's schooling will help too.

It sounds like you are all doing well and keeping very busy. I'm so glad you have time to sign in here and be a support. Thanks!!

Have a wonderful day!!
Old 04-15-2002, 05:13 PM   #15  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Smile NEW WEEK

Good Day Ladies-
A new week ahead of us-- got off early today, had to work yesterday so I missed church ( I could have gone Sat. night after work but didn't~too tired~ why do we do that? SOOO Glad HE is never too tired for us!!!)
SAMI- the gym is working out fine~if I use it!~ just got off the elliptical trainer a few minutes ago- had a great work-out. I have not been home much in the last few weeks (how is that for an excuse? I can do better just give me time-HA!) You are so right the time really does fly with the kids--I have always tried to take advantage of every minute-- the old CATS IN THE CRADEL song--remember it? really sunk in to me when I was a teen-ager and it came out-- I didn't want to be like that--The things my children got involved in, sports ,scouts and dance really helped out as far as being able to be involved with them. When my ex left I thought that somehow I was going to lose time with them and it freaked me out-- they were 6&8 at the time-But without going into a tremendous amount of detail let me just say the Good LORD worked it ALL out to my advantage!!
Closed Thread