Old 10-01-2007, 09:53 AM   #1  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Default Hot & Healthy Challenge Chicks! October 2007!!

What is Hot & Healthy Challenge Chicks?

A bunch of us were all part of different challenges together, and when the challenges ended, we decided not to! So we all came together and decided to start a long term challenge group, and we called them the Hot & Healthy Challenge Chicks!

-Anyone can join the group no matter what your goals are or where you are in your weight loss journey.
-We are here to support each other, encourage each other, laugh together, and cry together.
-Our unified goal is to exercise, eat right (whatever diet plan we may each separately be following), and have fun!
-We encourage new members, as the more that join, the more friends we have to support us along the way!
-We only ask that you follow one teensy, tiny rule. At the beginning of each month we state what our goals are, and they can be WHATEVER YOU WANT!
Then at the end of the month we can share how well we did with our goals, etc. However, sharing at the end of the month is completely optional.
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 10:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 191/155/145

Height: 5'6"

Okay, I'm in!

My goals this month are:
- use my pedometer daily, aiming for 15000+ steps
- eat 8-10 fruits & veggies every day
- keep the calories under 1800 a day

I wouldn't mind losing at least 5lbs this month either!
clumsy68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 10:10 AM   #3  
I AM healthy!

Hey everyone! I have been fighting off panic attacks lately. My best friend called last thursday and wanted us to go to Big Bear Lake cause she had rented a cabin. So we took the kids out of school friday an hour early, rented a van and left. It was fun but I HATE all the cliffs and steep inclines!!

Walking has been so so, I have been trying to take it easy.

I walked thursday 80 minutes then 45 on friday, nothing sat or sunday.

Friday I didn't count but I know I was way over plan. Saturday I had too much caffeine and was feeling sick. I had 2 cups of coffee(and 2 cups the nite before) I had thought I was better I guess. uggghhhhhhhh I had 1 apple, 1 banana and forced some walnuts down later. That was it Saturday.

Yesterday I had a yogurt/banana/strawberries. Half a peanut butter sandwich for lunch and 3 pieces of pizza for dinner last nite. I thought sprite was caffeine free, and now I think it isn't. I had a mild panic attack last nite. ugghhh

Anyhow going to try to get a walk in today. Hope everyone is doing great!

Oh and I went to read my blood pressure reading at the store and I don't know how well it works.

It said when I first got there 153/71 I was at least happy about the 71, then I walked around 10 minutes and waited 2 minutes to read it again, it said 147, but under it said over 93!!!

It can NOT change that drastically in 10 minutes!!!
Old 10-01-2007, 10:11 AM   #4  
I AM healthy!

Welcome clumsy!!
Old 10-01-2007, 11:15 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/145

Height: 5'7

Hello all!

First off Welcome Clumsy! Hopefully you love it here!

I am so excited about this thread because I am so excited fall is finally here! It is my absolutely favorite time of year. I don't know if anyone here watches Gilmore Girls, but how Lorelai feels about snow and the wind in the air when snow is coming, that's how I feel about the fall. Love it, love it, love it! Halloween is coming too yay!

Weight wise I'm staying at 185 cause I just haven't been following things very well, I'm stressed about this grad school stuff and my grades, and paying for both undergrad and grad. Okus now I think I have a UTI at least I'm hoping it is because the symptoms of UTI are very close to more worse things.

On the good note though I am still lovin WATP and can't wait to come home tonight to do it.

Jasmine~that's so great about going to Big Bear. The weather has been perfect for it, at least here it has been. Nice and cool, and the leaves are starting to change.

Hope everyone else is well
Rhighlan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 02:31 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

yey for october! i love fall too, becky. although once it starts to foreshadow winter, i start to get kind of depressed. for now, though, i love it! halloween is always tons of fun.

jasmine, sounds like you had a decent getaway. i still want to go camping before it gets too cold... but time is running short.

welcome to clumsy and good luck on your goals for the month!

this month i am definitely going to reach my 80 mile goal... i think i might have last month if i hadn't gotten sick. and i'm going to stop binge eating!!!! as a byproduct of those two actions, hopefully i'll drop a few pounds, too.

keep smiling!
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 05:17 PM   #7  
Muscle Mommy

S/C/G: 228/209/155

Height: 5'9

Hey all! I did NOT make my September goal. However, I did manage to drop some weight. Starting weight was 212, weight on Sunday was 203. I lost 6 pounds from Friday morning until Sunday morning!!!!! All month I was trying to lose and the numbers just kept creeping down, sometimes not moving and then this weekend...BAM! They just fall off. Too weird! My average weight last week was 208, my average weight so far this week is 203. That's a HUGE difference really quickly. But I am not complaining! I will take it.

I broke up with BF Friday night. It's a long story. For the entire scoop read my diet-blog. The link is on the side bar. He's talking, saying he'll change, quick drinking, never do it again,...Blah, blah, blah. I'm taking my time about deciding my next move. I want to be single sooo bad. I want to have a different kind of life, but I can't imagine my life without him in it...so the decision is hard. Plus there are the kids to think about. *sigh* Life is always so difficult.

So here is my goal for October. Yes I lowered it some, but I want to be able to make it this time and not feel so stressed. There is alot of college homework still to be done! If i make it early I will raise it back up to September's goal and work at making that!

Welcome clumsy!

I will comment more later! Gotta Take DD to girl scouts!
lodyangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 08:02 PM   #8  
I AM healthy!

Melody I just read your blog. I am here for ya sweetie! It may be hard at first but it will be worth it in the long run. I hope he doesn't start any crap. *BIG HUGZ*

Hey Iris. I love camping and fall too. 80 miles walking? Awesome!

Rhighlan86:

Try not to stress so much. *hugz* ARe you able to get grants and stuff? uti, get out the cran berry juice!!
Old 10-01-2007, 08:22 PM   #9  
Muscle Mommy

S/C/G: 228/209/155

Height: 5'9

Jasmine: So far so good. He has been really sweet which makes it tremendously hard. I sorta feel sorry for him, but he brought it all on himself. I have gotten to say some things to him I never thought I would say to him. At the same time most of what I have said to him has been said to him countless times before. I don't think he will ever learn. His Momma really screwed up with him. He never learned how to take responsibility for his actions. He's always like "i know i shouldn't have done this, but..." There is always the but- It's never his fault.

It's break-up city around here. Almost all my friends are having trouble in their marriages. I swear it is something in the water.

Well tomorrow is get up early and run day! I am gonna try to drink more water and hit the sack. I also need to eat something. No supper yet! I am thinking veggie fajitas. I am taking today as one of my days off from exercise.

Iris and Becky: I love Fall too! I LOVE Halloween! I am gonna try to decorate more tomorrow night. I had started 3 weeks ago, but stopped because my neighbor's daughters died in that accident. I felt some of my gorey decorations weren't appropriate after the horrific way those girls died. So I stopped putting them up. Now that all that is over, I will finish. My neighbor lives at the end of the road where he rarely rides by my house anyway, plus he isn't staying home much anymore. He has nothing to come home too. So sad!

Everyone have a lovely evening and a great day tomorrow!
lodyangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 09:58 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 242/229.5/135

Height: 5'3"

Default Weight

Hi all, welcome clumsy!Sorry for being MIA lately, but wedding stuff takes precedent (sp), the shower went well, it was a surprise, it was beautiful out, so was able to have it on the deck. She got some really nice things. Son and It came for a visit tonight, she can't make it to dh birthday on Wed. and missed mine two weeks ago, we both got cards. YUM!!!! Not that I wanted anything from her, I just would of liked to miss the visit. Good thing it was short. Advantage was seeing my son for more than five minutes.Food has been so so, not too bad, water has been good, lots of walking Sat and Sun. but a little too much wine yesterday, and two pieces of pizza with dip tonight, cheese and crackers and just half a cup of cereal. Not a really bad day, but could of been better.I too like fall as you ladies do, but hate the sun setting sooner. Melody I too am here for you, please remember broken promises time and again do not normally change. Been there, done that. It maybe hard but worth it in the long run.Have a good tomorrow everyone.Sharon S.

Forgot to mention I was down to 206 as of yesterday, hope to be more regimented with exercise this month and lose 10 lbs. Have to get more creative with food as well.

Last edited by Canuk4; 10-01-2007 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Additions
Canuk4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 05:28 PM   #11  

Hey my friends, must be a busy day, nothing posted since I did last night.

Had a busy day today, took Dad to the doc. then shopping and persc. then to the bank, then took it all in and put it away. Came home and was done in, haven't been sleeping well, so lied down for 1/2 hr. just fell asleep and heard some racket and that was that. Up and decided to check my mail.

Food has not been great, just had melba toast and spinach dip, had to make myself stop eating it, it is bought so higher in calories, trying to convince myself to make a stir fry, or exercise or something, just know will power. Water is not doing so good today either.

Hope to hear from some of you later.
Sharon S.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:35 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

rawr...i binged already. so much for it being a new month! i've been in a pissy mood all day because one of my roommate's kids kept me up all night screaming. i can't wait to move.... looking like next month.

melody - i don't know much about your situation, but from what you've posted on here, it sounds like you made the right choice in breaking up with the bf. it's always nice to have someone there, but you deserve better than he treated you.

sharon - i'm lacking will power too... and exhausted. don't know what to tell you besides hang in there - i am trying to as well! props to you for making yourself stop with the high-cal dip, it's hard not to keep digging in.

well, i binged, but i should still get some exercise in today.
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 10:28 PM   #13  

Thanks Iris, I had a stir fry with chick. and veggies for supper (no rice) and I did 45 mins of exercise. So pleased I at last got my exercise in first time
since last week.

Iris just dust yourself off, you still had time to exercise and hopefully got that done and remember something I always told my kids growing up, "You never have to re-live THIS DAY AGAIN! Tomorrow is a new one, hopefully we will both do better, only problem is its dh's birthday and he wants to go out for fish and chips. And that is all they make, been there before while dieting. Maybe I will just eat a kiddie portion, or split it with one of the kids or dh. Sorry about losing sleep because of the roommates child, hopefully you will get out of there very soon.

Have a good tomorrow everyone.
Sharon S.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:06 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/145

Height: 5'7

I'll write more later, all I gotta say is stupid Extreme Makeover: Home Edition.....3 minutes in and I'm balling like a baby. This show is amazing!
Rhighlan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 11:44 AM   #15  
I AM healthy!

Hey everyone! Well I am doing the vitamins, feeling alot better, but still only ate like 300 cals yesterday. Amazingly I am NOT hungry though. I am going to eat though.

I am so beyond this food thing, ya know? I know I have lost a few poiunds recently, my tumy is looking alot smaller, my face leaner again. I kind of wonder if it was bloated due to excess salt intake, etc.

Anyone who is praying, please keep praying for me. I appreciate it. I want to get rid of this b.p. problem and to prevent being diabetic.

That is my main concern. Got in no walk on the first but a 60 yesterday and getting ready for a 60-80 today.

Hope everyone is well!!