Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2002, 12:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 195/188/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Introduction Time!

I'm sure everyone gets tired of reading these introductions, but I have to appease my ego somehow!

My name is Brianne, I'm 22 years old, 5'6" and I weight 165lbs according to my friendly bathroom scale. I've decided it's time to do something about it. It's either this or I have to go buy a new wardrobe because my pants barely zip. Heh.

I'm not new to the weightloss game however. I did it once before, even got down to about 128lbs, but I did it in such a fashion that my health was compromised. I ended up with Mono and the recovery didn't allow much physical movement so I started to gain the weight back. All my work seemed in vain and I reverted to the habits I had prior to any weight loss. And that's how I got to where I am today.

I'm going to give it another try now. I think I'm mentally ready. I know what my previous mistakes were and I know what worked for me. Most importantly, I'm much less caught up in the idea of being super thin. I want to be healthy and in proportion. I want my pants to fit and be able to walk up the stairs in my apartment building without getting winded. I want to work into a healthy lifestyle that I can keep around for the rest of my life.

I'm glad to have found this place. Everyone seems friendly and helpful and it's great to be able to support eachother!
Old 04-12-2002, 04:38 PM   #2  

Your story sounds familiar!!!!!! I was up to 185 lbs. Did some not best ways to lose weight and went down to 145 in a few short months. I was 145 four years ago. The scale has slowly crept up over the last four years to 165 (I am frightened that some day it may creep back all the way up where it was!) . My wedding is in two months and I feel horrible about the way I look. I just went for my fitting and instead of feeling overjoyed I felt disgusted by how I looked and how "uncomfortable" I feel in my own body. I have NO willpower and I know that is my problem.

I feel helpless quite often. Where was the willpower and motivation I had four years ago????? My life was quite different then, so I guess that is my excuse.

I wish you the best - we are about the same size (I'm a little shorter). I was 22 when I was 185 and started losing the weight.

Valerie (PA)
Closed Thread